Page 95 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Here's some news. Bad news.

When they write Marvel, ask them why Namor (or the Torch, even in his Johnny Storm version) are NOT on their 80th Anniversary frame variant, when they are the whole reason Marvel is celebrating their 80th anniversary. I guess characters I don't even recognize (who are those guys above Wolverine???) or that only have one issue are the more important than the founding members, the oldest Marvel superheroes.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...nts-in-august/

Namor and Torch have been on the previous anniversary variants.

So annoyed.
    I cannot beleive Wave got on there before Namor. I mean I like the character but why? She was just made this year! She isn't even 6 months old yet. Why is howard the duck there? Why isn't Marvel's oldest characters, the two who invented crossovers even on this?! Damn I hate Marvel so much right now. I swear the only reason I even spend money on anything for them is for Namor stuff. I'm going to write to them tonight. I bet they are sick of me by now but I don't care. This sucks so much. >:/
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I cannot beleive Wave got on there before Namor. I mean I like the character but why? She was just made this year! She isn't even 6 months old yet. Why is howard the duck there? Why isn't Marvel's oldest characters, the two who invented crossovers even on this?! Damn I hate Marvel so much right now. I swear the only reason I even spend money on anything for them is for Namor stuff. I'm going to write to them tonight. I bet they are sick of me by now but I don't care. This sucks so much. >:/
    Is that who is above Wolvie? Who's next to her? The horned headed guy? I think Aero is on there too, near Thor. She's only had one book.

Howard is on there because of his new TV show. I'm surprised they didn't put Dazzler and Tigra on there too, with their forth coming show. Or Cloak and Dagger. It's all about the MCU. All those characters are on movies or TV shows, except Ms. Marvel and the new Agents of Atlas characters, and Ms. Marvel is on animated shows. And I guarantee that's Nadia Pym, not Janet. Welcome to Marvel Comic Shows 80th Anniversary Frame Variant.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I just posted those Namor 80 edits I did, two of them, I didn't have time to finish the other two posters, but I was going to post them this year anyways by the Marvel Mystery Comics release day anniversary. Also I asked people to e-mail again, I dislike how Twitter makes their posts so short so I can't do much on one post. Still I hope by posting this during SDCC time people will be more active and interested in asking about Namor. It's not much, but I'm doing what I can to help boost the character, because Namor deserves his own attention this year and his own comic!

Is that who is above Wolvie? Who's next to her? The horned headed guy? I think Aero is on there too, near Thor. She's only had one book.

Howard is on there because of his new TV show. I'm surprised they didn't put Dazzler and Tigra on there too, with their forth coming show. Or Cloak and Dagger. It's all about the MCU. All those characters are on movies or TV shows, except Ms. Marvel and the new Agents of Atlas characters, and Ms. Marvel is on animated shows. And I guarantee that's Nadia Pym, not Janet. Welcome to Marvel Comic Shows 80th Anniversary Frame Variant.
    Yes that's totally Wave, but I don't know the horned guy, but alot of these are just like you said, all about the mcu and i can bet that because of Namor's rights issues they won't ever promote him. They just give his spot to whoever's comic or show is coming out regardless that if in ten years those shows or comics will be done, meanwhile the whole reason they can even celebrate a 80th is Namor. I'm so angry. I just posted on tumblr too, I hope Marvel gets a spam of Namor emails this weekend.

Yes that's totally Wave, but I don't know the horned guy, but alot of these are just like you said, all about the mcu and i can bet that because of Namor's rights issues they won't ever promote him. They just give his spot to whoever's comic or show is coming out regardless that if in ten years those shows or comics will be done, meanwhile the whole reason they can even celebrate a 80th is Namor. I'm so angry. I just posted on tumblr too, I hope Marvel gets a spam of Namor emails this weekend.
    Since he looks wooden I think the horn headed guy could be Groot.

So my early predictions about Wave are showing themselves already.

More shenanigans are a foot.

Watch a Namor vs Wave book or scene will happen and Namor will get his A$$ handed to him by that new character either verbally or physically. Marvel cannot help but destroy themselves at this point.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

When they write Marvel, ask them why Namor (or the Torch, even in his Johnny Storm version) are NOT on their 80th Anniversary frame variant, when they are the whole reason Marvel is celebrating their 80th anniversary. I guess characters I don't even recognize (who are those guys above Wolverine???) or that only have one issue are the more important than the founding members, the oldest Marvel superheroes.

So annoyed.
    Wow, this is really sad. I couldn't have phrased it better, Rev. One thing I'm happy about is that Namor has some pretty vocal, creative fans, at least we keep the conversation going and have an Invaders series this year. We didn't have anything last year. And yet everything can turn around when and if he turns out in the MCU. I'm really going to be heartbroken (although I'm also so happy right now for Thor 4) if Kevin Feige doesn't announces him for Phase 4. A Fantastic 4 movie announcement could mean some hope too. I would prefer to see him introduced in a WW2 piece like Captain America.

So annoyed.
    Very sad news indeed!! Namor should also have had a movie out long ago. It seems the Marvel of today do not appreciate their own characters.

That cover reminds me of the ones they used to celebrate Marvel's 25th Anniversary.

Well, the "news" gets worse. From Marvel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel.com
    This August, ring in Marvel Comics’ 80th birthday with a celebratory selection of variants!

Each 80th anniversary Frame Variant features a character head shot from their titular series framed by a host of characters that represent the present and future of the Marvel Universe! Depicted by an all-star roster of artists, these unique covers pay tribute to the modern face of Marvel!
    So, it looks like, despite being a cover to celebrate the 80TH ANNIVERSARY, the characters chosen have nothing to do with actually celebrating 80 YEARS of Marvel. And it appears Marvel doesn't consider Namor an important character _now_ or in the _future_. Translation: There will be no Namor movie or even an appearance any time soon.

#marvel80FAIL

Here are the previous Marvel Anniversary frame variants.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This has gotten me very down . I know I have only been a fan for the last few years and I wasn't around for the older anniversaries but this is upsetting. I hope someday Marvel will remember their characters and give Namor the respect he deserves. I swear Marvel needs to get new people in charge of this stuff, new people who also know how important a character like Namor is.

This has gotten me very down . I know I have only been a fan for the last few years and I wasn't around for the older anniversaries but this is upsetting. I hope someday Marvel will remember their characters and give Namor the respect he deserves. I swear Marvel needs to get new people in charge of this stuff, new people who also know how important a character like Namor is.
    I swing between ... annoyed and depressed, but to be honest, it's been a bit down for years and years now for Namor fans -- but with horrible teases that never paid off. LOL! I guess, after Aquaman's movie, I am more annoyed, because we can see how successful Namor could be for Marvel, but they keep ignoring, or worse, trashing their first character, for reasons that escape me entirely.

But Namor fans have had any number of creative folks on their side, even if editorial is not. And I think editorial's neglect ... inspire some great things from Namor fans -- like your social media efforts and your edits, and Thor-El's amazing stories and cosplay. When we don't get merchandise from Marvel, we make our own. And essays! And fanarts! Lots of stuff we take on, because we certainly aren't going to get it from Marvel.

Like now ... I'm thinking we need a 80th Anniversary All Namor Frame variant! O_O Okay, maybe we can have other folks on there too. Like Namor's cast and rogues, and of course, his ladies.

On the plus side, we HAVE gotten some Namor stuff that we've ever had before, this year. The Funko Pop! He's in TWO games! We are getting TWO Namor omnibus!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-18-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Wait, two omnibuses?

Namor's outlasted hundreds of flash in the pan characters before this and will outlast a hundred more.

Everyone at Marvel is pushing their creations hard right now in the hopes of getting them in a movie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Wait, two omnibuses?
    Yes, we are getting the Bill Everett Golden Age Namor omnibus AND we are getting the John Bryne and Jae Lee 1990s Namor omnibus this year.

Oh, cool! Someone has gotten an advanced copy and is doing a video review! To borrow a Namor quote ... it looks FABULOUS!

And here's the cover for the Byrne / Lee omnibus

I swing between ... annoyed and depressed, but to be honest, it's been a bit down for years and years now for Namor fans -- but with horrible teases that never paid off. LOL! I guess, after Aquaman's movie, I am more annoyed, because we can see how successful Namor could be for Marvel, but they keep ignoring, or worse, trashing their first character, for reasons that escape me entirely.

But Namor fans have had any number of creative folks on their side, even if editorial is not. And I think editorial's neglect ... inspire some great things from Namor fans -- like your social media efforts and your edits, and Thor-El's amazing stories and cosplay. When we don't get merchandise from Marvel, we make our own. And essays! And fanarts! Lots of stuff we take on, because we certainly aren't going to get it from Marvel.

Like now ... I'm thinking we need a 80th Anniversary All Namor Frame variant! O_O Okay, maybe we can have other folks on there too. Like Namor's cast and rogues, and of course, his ladies.

On the plus side, we HAVE gotten some Namor stuff that we've ever had before, this year. The Funko Pop! He's in TWO games! We are getting TWO Namor omnibus!
    Honestly I am still frustrated, I wasn't so last year, I usually just accept that Marvel hates Namor and won't ever do him justice, but I thought that because this was his 80th that maybe things would be more this year. I am looking forward to those funko pops, I have them preordered. lol, we Namor fans just make our own Namor stuff that's true! Also you are an absolute genius Rev!!! now I need to get to work on making a Namor 80th frame variant! It will take me longer to do bc of work and real life always in the way, lol, but I promise to do this and be done by the end of the year as a way to give Namor something for his anniversary. I'm thinking to put in all the sub-mariner characters ever, the defenders, invaders, etc. and lots and lots of namor! The main huge Namor, I might just use Alex Ross's Namor from the Invaders cover this year that was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Namor's outlasted hundreds of flash in the pan characters before this and will outlast a hundred more.

Everyone at Marvel is pushing their creations hard right now in the hopes of getting them in a movie or something.
    You are right, everyone right now at Marvel is just pushing all those characters who have a chance at a movie or a tv show.