Page 123 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh wow! what a good list, I will be updating my guide since its a work in progress too but I hope to have everything documented and posted by next week (hopefully by wed). thanks rev!
    Agreed. Definitely a good start.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Thank you so much! I do have these already on my reading guide, but its good to know that its a stable that fans all agree on.
    You're welcome! I imagine not many would recommend the 1940s comics, but somehow, I manage to have a fondness for them, All-Winners included.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    You're welcome! I imagine not many would recommend the 1940s comics, but somehow, I manage to have a fondness for them, All-Winners included.

What a great page! That panel with Cap figuring out Roman is Namor spelled backwards! LOL! Pure gold. Even in the Golden Age, poor Namor is getting grilled by a surprised Cap. Hahahah!

Golden Age comics have definitely grown on me, and I do enjoy them. But sadly, many readers now don't appreciate them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Given we haven't heard a peep from the newly relaunched X-line, I would have bet money on Marvel ignoring that Namor was a mutant, and leaving him off the covers of Mark Bagley's Every Mutant Ever variants, but I was wrong. Here he is on the second cover, the variant for Marauders #1.

You can see the whole thing here on Comicbook.com

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...er-variants/#7

Loa is on the first cover, for X-Men #1! I have to go look for Crosta ... and I guess Namora?

This is actually the book I would have expected Namor to show up in, as it's about a bunch of mutants sailing on the seas like some sort of pirates, including Emma Frost. Has anyone heard anything? I guess I'm going to have to go haunt Gerry Duggan's twitter. Another time sink.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

There is definitely some good stuff with the older comics, I thought it would be good to include some of that too. thats a great panel too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Given we haven't heard a peep from the newly relaunched X-line, I would have bet money on Marvel ignoring that Namor was a mutant, and leaving him off the covers of Mark Bagley's Every Mutant Ever variants, but I was wrong. Here he is on the second cover, the variant for Marauders #1.

Loa is on the first cover, for X-Men #1! I have to go look for Crosta ... and I guess Namora?

This is actually the book I would have expected Namor to show up in, as it's about a bunch of mutants sailing on the seas like some sort of pirates, including Emma Frost. Has anyone heard anything? I guess I'm going to have to go haunt Gerry Duggan's twitter. Another time sink.
    At least Namor is still a mutant unlike Pietro and Wanda, whom I don't see on these covers. Honestly the Maximoff retcon was a poor decision and it should be reversed imo to have Erik be their father again. Glad to see Namor being the First Mutant is still something there, I think that if (and i hope it does not happen) Invaders does not continue then we may see Hickman use Namor again in his X-Men comics, even though I do have issues with the whole BP vs Namor plotline Hickman did. Still I'm always holding out hope for a solo comic to spin out of Invaders.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

There is definitely some good stuff with the older comics, I thought it would be good to include some of that too. thats a great panel too!
    O_O

I'm still trying to gather up stuff for the Silver Age forward.

At least Namor is still a mutant unlike Pietro and Wanda, whom I don't see on these covers. Honestly the Maximoff retcon was a poor decision and it should be reversed imo to have Erik be their father again. Glad to see Namor being the First Mutant is still something there, I think that if (and i hope it does not happen) Invaders does not continue then we may see Hickman use Namor again in his X-Men comics, even though I do have issues with the whole BP vs Namor plotline Hickman did. Still I'm always holding out hope for a solo comic to spin out of Invaders.
    I agree. Taking Wanda and Pietro from Magneto was just a horrible idea.

We'll see. I think Hickman is having too much fun with the X-men to try and fit Namor in. Don't get me started on Hickman's use of Namor for his BP stuff. I need to change my signature to Forever Salty. LOL!

However, I would not object to a GOOD writer adding a Namor solo book to the revived Hickman X-line. Emphasis on GOOD.

Imperius Wrecks' request for recommendations has me updating the Reccomendations and Collected Editions post at the beginning of the thread. Thanks IW. ;p

However, it also reminded me, if anyone is looking for a definitive Namor reading guide, you can't go wrong referring them to Crushing Krisis page.

https://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-...raphic-novels/

Mighty Member

Woha! Namor looking great with his classic look and a decent size entry in those covers, I'm surprised! Or could it be that Bagley is an old enough artist that holds some historical respect for Namor. Hopefully this is coming from editorial but by the way Namor has been treated in most of the 80 years celebration projects I doubt it.

Mighty Member

I will recommend the Golden Age Sub-mariner cause they are awesome and something that puts Namor in a category by himself only touched by Captain America and at a lesser degree the original Human Torch. Namor's golden age material is vast and he is one of the few golden age Marvel heroes to hold his popularity into the silver age and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Woha! Namor looking great with his classic look and a decent size entry in those covers, I'm surprised! Or could it be that Bagley is an old enough artist that holds some historical respect for Namor. Hopefully this is coming from editorial but by the way Namor has been treated in most of the 80 years celebration projects I doubt it.
    I said something about this in the Invaders 2019 thread. Namor looks the best in the classic costume of the speedo. It's timeless, clean, distinctive, powerful, and can't be screwed up -- unless the artist can't draw a superhero body or a handsome face, in which case, perhaps superhero comics aren't for said artist.

I was surprised too. Remember when Remender and the artist, left him on earth when he shipped ALL the mutants off planet? No one -- writer, artist, editorial -- caught that.

We still have a couple of months left, but yes, I would really like more from an 80th anniversary... and editorial. I'm so tired of them acting like Namor doesn't exist and has never supported an ongoing, much less multiple ongoings.

I feel a rant coming on. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I will recommend the Golden Age Sub-mariner cause they are awesome and something that puts Namor in a category by himself only touched by Captain America and at a lesser degree the original Human Torch. Namor's golden age material is vast and he is one of the few golden age Marvel heroes to hold his popularity into the silver age and beyond.
    Golden Age Subby does have an amazing amount of awesome, though readers have to remember it was definitely a different time then. The war issues do have racist propaganda. Which may be why we've not gotten those issues collected in modern trades. But I'm thrilled we are getting all the Everett stuff. That's the best Golden Age Subby there is.

I remember reading this story, reprinted in one of the Marvel reprint series of the late '60s. I was also reading/knew of Sub-Marinar at that time due to his cartoon and stories in the more current Marvel. Really liked them, and always thought it was unusual that Namor spelled backwards, for this story, was 'romaN'.

I love seeing Namor with Whizzer and Miss America and later Spitfire.

Mighty Member

I said something about this in the Invaders 2019 thread. Namor looks the best in the classic costume of the speedo. It's timeless, clean, distinctive, powerful, and can't be screwed up -- unless the artist can't draw a superhero body or a handsome face, in which case, perhaps superhero comics aren't for said artist.

I was surprised too. Remember when Remender and the artist, left him on earth when he shipped ALL the mutants off planet? No one -- writer, artist, editorial -- caught that.

We still have a couple of months left, but yes, I would really like more from an 80th anniversary... and editorial. I'm so tired of them acting like Namor doesn't exist and has never supported an ongoing, much less multiple ongoings.

I feel a rant coming on. LOL!
    When did this happen?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Golden Age Subby does have an amazing amount of awesome, though readers have to remember it was definitely a different time then. The war issues do have racist propaganda. Which may be why we've not gotten those issues collected in modern trades. But I'm thrilled we are getting all the Everett stuff. That's the best Golden Age Subby there is.
    I suppose it’s not too surprising considering this was an era that was very focused on supporting the war effort to the point that artists didn’t fully consider certain... depictions.