Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    "TOOT!"

Yeah I recognize the suit. At least the game version doesn't make it seem as if parts of the suit are fishnets. As in leggings, not actual fishnets lol.
    I know some fans love the idea of fishnets (I find the idea amusing) but I'm pretty sure they are meant to be some sort of scale armor.

OMG. They should have put the "TOOT" sound effect at the end of Namor's trident in that scene. hehehehe
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I got one of those SDCC Skottie Young Namor pins and its really awesome. I hope we get more Namor merch in the future.

Congrats! It looks fabulous. I haven't gotten one of those yet, but I FINALLY got my Namor and Torch Funko Pop!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG.

Does Contest of Champions actually have this in the game???

Ugh! That's gotta hurt! But seriously I'm one against Namor and Doom teaming up again, makes Namor seem more villainous, they should be enemies and Namor should have learned not to trust him from his first team up. But I like to see them fighting, he is a good recurring villain to Namor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    "TOOT!"

Yeah I recognize the suit. At least the game version doesn't make it seem as if parts of the suit are fishnets. As in leggings, not actual fishnets lol.
    Yes, I think everyone in the board knows how much I hate the new costume. And the fishnets make it even worst! The speedo is practical but what use could he have for fishnets other than showing skin, just a ridiculous design. That's something Xerxes of Persia might like to use or even Loki but not Namor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I have not played in a while but I should! These look very cool.

I got one of those SDCC Skottie Young Namor pins and its really awesome. I hope we get more Namor merch in the future.

Very cool, congrats IW!

Mighty Member

Those writers, IIRC, were from TV / movies, which, of course, pays waaaaay more than comics. I'm not sure exactly why they ended up on Namor's series. I think the only other Marvel stuff they did was mini-series called Powerless. Cherness went on to head WGN and I think he's now in charge at Apple TV or something.

There was a lot I did like about that series, including the Wolverine and Venom fights. I can just imagine your recreation of the Venom and Namor fight! It would be awesome!
    I love how Namor brushes off Wolverine's full claws into his chest attack after being dumped into the pool, shows great the strength and speed of water as a healing factor for Namor. https://youtu.be/SamlNGG2MXI?t=97

There was another time were Wolverine did the same to Namor in an Invaders comic and Namor went down because the water factor was not present there.

And then there is this showing how superior in savage strength to Wolverine Namor is, even though its a mental image

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I love how Namor brushes off Wolverine's full claws into his chest attack after being dumped into the pool, shows great the strength and speed of water as a healing factor for Namor. https://youtu.be/SamlNGG2MXI?t=97

There was another time were Wolverine did the same to Namor in an Invaders comic and Namor went down because the water factor was not present there.

I thought that was a poor showing for Namor in that Invaders series against Wolverine. But it was Wolverine's story, so of course, Namor got jobbed.

I thought that was a poor showing for Namor in that Invaders series against Wolverine. But it was Wolverine's story, so of course, Namor got jobbed.
    What I've found that people have long forgotten about Wolverine, is that he's not cool because he can beat any character you put in front of him, but he can take beatings from any character and live. Wolverine should be far outclassed by Namor, it's not a toe to toe kind of fight, Namor would mop the floor with him, but what made Wolverine cool, is that he'd take that beating and eventually get up again. Somewhere in the 90s, in the height of Wolverine mania, he became like this invincible, unbeatable character. That diminished him in my opinion. He should should see characters like Namor and Hulk and be like, hooo boy here we go, and brace himself for a serious beating. It's getting up again after that made him endearing. The unbeatable "bat-god" effect on Wolverine is boring.

Hello fellow Namor fanatics . It’s my first post so let’s start with a good one . I’ve been a fan since around 5 years old which puts me back few decades but it was my first superhero I ever was exposed to by my mom by a fluke. She purchased a view master toy for me and at random picked first cartoon discs she saw which happened to be Namor. The rest is history .

Fast forward to July 2019 the Toronto Fan Expo and a dream commission come true . Jim Lee redid his iconic splash page from 1996 FF reborn run. I’ll be posting most of my cherished Namor Collectsbles in upcoming days . Want other fans to be able to enjoy these as much as I do.[Img]89374[/Img]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Subby1939; 11-14-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Couple more pics .... I apologize I’m learning how to do this posting stuff as we go . [Img]89375[/img]]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Subby1939; 11-14-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Hello fellow Namor fanatics . It’s my first post so let’s start with a good one . I’ve been a fan since around 5 years old which puts me back few decades but it was my first superhero I ever was exposed to by my mom by a fluke. She purchased a view master toy for me and at random picked first cartoon discs she saw which happened to be Namor. The rest is history .

Fast forward to July 2019 the Toronto Fan Expo and a dream commission come true . Jim Lee redid his iconic splash page from 1996 FF reborn run. I’ll be posting most of my cherished Namor Collectsbles in upcoming days . Want other fans to be able to enjoy these as much as I do.BD35F688-9149-4B44-BB76-3C5F65C594D3.jpg
    WELCOME!!! omg that art!!! That's amazing when I saw it online for the first time I loved seeing how different Lee's style changed! Can't wait to see all your Namor stuff and talk about the best character in comics!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Couple more pics .... I apologize I’m learning how to do this posting stuff as we go . A23B0B23-7AA6-4E08-A1FE-8D6B63F624D3.jpg
    No worries! if you need any help let us know, there's a limit to three images per post and if you have images posted anywhere online else you can do

[img] insert image link here [/img]

and it appears bigger. I always find uploading stuff from my computer to come out smaller.

A major weakness people forget that Wolverine has is being tossed into deep waters. His body weight would make him sink like a stone to the bottom of whatever body of water he’s in. Throw in his healing factor to somehow thwart the drowning effects and you get one agonizing way to get rid of this runt killing machine . Namor could discard him easily in this manor

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Very cool, congrats IW!
    Congrats! It looks fabulous. I haven't gotten one of those yet, but I FINALLY got my Namor and Torch Funko Pop!
    Thanks everyone! and yay Rev!!! I love those pops, I already have a preorder for the upcoming doctor doom funko too.

Rev, I'm moving that convo you had about Namor in the INVADERS THREAD to here because I think you are right. Namor DOES need a few years of solid storytelling, and a solo exploring those lost years would be good. I know Zdarsky tried to fill in the holes with Invaders #4 but honestly I feel it would make so much more sense to have Namor on a adventure where he couldn't return to Atlantis and when he does he meets Destiny, before ending up homeless, the sliding time scale just gives us more time between the end of WWll to the modern time to have more adventures, my idea would be if Namor tried to delve into the history of Atlantis and it could create some solid world building.