Page 145 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    A little late, but it was 80 years ago in October, 1939 in Marvel Mystery Comics #2 when the Sub-Mariner emerged in the middle of Fifth Avenue in New York.

Namor thinking, "Hehehe, I went through the Morlocks tunnel system and they never saw me!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Namor thinking, "Hehehe, I went through the Morlocks tunnel system and they never saw me!"
    LOL!

That's a hilarious take on that!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't think the Morlocks existed in 1939, remember that Namor is the first mutant.

This was too funny not to share with the board. Specially since that figure is one of the few I own.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor appears in Fantastic Four Grand Design (2019) #1 quite a bit.

There is a more than that but mainly it went over all the early FF days.
    Well. I wasn't going to pick up this up, but I may have to get a copy now. I didn't realize the artist was going to do Kirby panels and a direct retelling (though not quite a direct dialog) of the past issues. And of course if he did that, there WOULD be a lot of Namor -- He was their most frequent guest star in the early issues.

I love that panel where Sue is wishing Ankle Wings good luck!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Also, what I think is one of the oldest photos of a Sub-Mariner comic on the comic racks (1942, in the upper middle).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This isn't Namor-only, but CBR has a video of unboxing Marvel - The Golden Age folio, and of course His Majesty is on the cover and inside. And it's only US$ 225, but the paper is lovely glossy stock.

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookRe...3998395932551/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I don't think the Morlocks existed in 1939, remember that Namor is the first mutant.

This was too funny not to share with the board. Specially since that figure is one of the few I own.

OMG. LOL! I love the little animations, especially the hand movements. It is SO getting added to the front page videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This isn't Namor-only, but CBR has a video of unboxing Marvel - The Golden Age folio, and of course His Majesty is on the cover and inside. And it's only US$ 225, but the paper is lovely glossy stock.

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookRe...3998395932551/
    Oh, cool! That's the book that had all the ... excitement about the Art Spielgman's pulled forward. I'll definitely check that video out when I get home. FB is kind of iffy at work. Thanks for posting it, Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Also, what I think is one of the oldest photos of a Sub-Mariner comic on the comic racks (1942, in the upper middle).

Love seeing these old photos of Golden Age comics, and Sub-Mariner comics in particular. IIRC, the oldest surviving Marvel comic page of art is one of Bill Everett's 'add on' pages for Namor's story in Marvel Comics #1.

Another thing that is amazing to me, is how 'modern' Action and Superman's logos look -- mostly because they used those same exact logos into the 90s or 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Great picks for Halloween images! Happy Halloween everyone! I'm gonna go with the Defenders too! That Defenders #1 story was pretty Halloweenee, as most of the Defenders stories were!

I love those early issues. Lots of supernatural threats and weirdness, even from the beginning. And there's poor Namor, again playing the ... prince in need of rescue. LOL!

So, I'm finally reading Dan Abnett's Aquaman run.... and it makes me want to cry. There's so much world building going on in just the first 6 issues. It makes me again realize how much more DC cares about their aquatic superhero than Marvel does.

And there's still stuff that reminds me of Namor stories / character, especially with the 2007 Sub-Mariner Revolution storyline, with Atlantis being set up for an attack they didn't make. Of course, that isn't helped by the fact that the same artist (Phil Briones) for that Namor mini-series is working on the Aquaman stories. Which makes me want to cry again. Cause all of these creators worked at Marvel, and could have been doing cool Namor stories. In fact, Brad Walker and Scot Eaton drew some great Namor in Heroes for Hire and Fear Itself respectively. And previous Aquaman writers, like Cullen Bunn and Jeff Parker, both used Namor in their stories. It's very frustrating, as a Namor fan.

They try to emphasize Aquaman's dual heritage, but it just doesn't ring true. Unlike Namor, who is radically different from his own Atlanteans, Aquaman shares most of the same traits with his Atlanteans. They all seem to be amphibious. They are mostly white, like Aquaman -- though in Abnett's Atlantis they appear to have other skin colors. The story and world building and art is interesting, but I just am not connecting to Aquaman at all. He's far too worried about what other people think about him.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, I'm finally reading Dan Abnett's Aquaman run.... and it makes me want to cry. There's so much world building going on in just the first 6 issues. It makes me again realize how much more DC cares about their aquatic superhero than Marvel does.

And there's still stuff that reminds me of Namor stories / character, especially with the 2007 Sub-Mariner Revolution storyline, with Atlantis being set up for an attack they didn't make. Of course, that isn't helped by the fact that the same artist (Phil Briones) for that Namor mini-series is working on the Aquaman stories. Which makes me want to cry again. Cause all of these creators worked at Marvel, and could have been doing cool Namor stories. In fact, Brad Walker and Scot Eaton drew some great Namor in Heroes for Hire and Fear Itself respectively. And previous Aquaman writers, like Cullen Bunn and Jeff Parker, both used Namor in their stories. It's very frustrating, as a Namor fan.

They try to emphasize Aquaman's dual heritage, but it just doesn't ring true. Unlike Namor, who is radically different from his own Atlanteans, Aquaman shares most of the same traits with his Atlanteans. They all seem to be amphibious. They are mostly white, like Aquaman -- though in Abnett's Atlantis they appear to have other skin colors. The story and world building and art is interesting, but I just am not connecting to Aquaman at all. He's far too worried about what other people think about him.
    I swear I tried to like Aquaman and I knew him a long (since I was kid) time before Namor but the sad fact is Arthur does not struggle in the same way Namor does. Honestly the thought of how many people want to do a Namor comic over the years but Marvel won't give them the greenlight makes me angry. I love alot of Aquaman stuff, I love Mera and Dolphin, all the world building and Orm etc and I can't wait for Orm's comic one shot in December. I just really wish a BIG NAME writer who knew Namor well and knew how to write him would demand a solo ongoing. Hickman is our current best chance of pushing Namor into the spotlight.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

AHHHH slight spoiler/preview for IMMORTAL HULK #26 but this has to be Namor!!!

The ears are covered! I was posting about how this might be Namor and how it probably wasn't because Namor didn't know his dad well but he might have gotten his dad's old things including recipes and one person on my blog pointed out the diner's name which i had missed! I can't wait for this issue!

There was a preview of this cameo in Hulk some months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    There was a preview of this cameo in Hulk some months back.
    It was??? I having been keeping up with Immortal Hulk but I don't recall seeing it? I found this while looking for preview for #26 link