Page 163 of 182 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2721

And of course Romans celebrated the Saturnalia which was more like Mardi Gras, perhaps.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! That's definitely setting the Christmas mood in the thread! Thanks for posting it and the Christmas icons! I was going to go looking for them, but got distracted last night.
    As soon as I saw your icon change I knew it was time. XD love the gif!

Namor's speed has been remarked on repeatedly in battles over the years, and underestimated. Writers should consider, if Namor is incredibly fast UNDERWATER, and that's been demonstrated repeatedly, then outside of water, where he is moving without the weight of tons of water restricting him, he should devastatingly fast. Seriously. Just time how fast you can run in water up to your hips and compare it to running out of the water.
    That is exactly the reason why I think Namor is often underrepresented in these things. Everything he does underwater has so much pressure on his body, so of course he would be able to do things much faster and be stronger when he is fresh out of the ocean.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Wait a minute...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Didn't know about the Superman cover.

I've always liked that cover, but it's also not the first, or only time, the periscope view has been used for a Namor cover. Gene Colan did one in the 1968 run. And John Paul Leon did one for Weapon X.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I've always liked that cover, but it's also not the first, or only time, the periscope view has been used for a Namor cover. Gene Colan did one in the 1968 run. And John Paul Leon did one for Weapon X.
    Hahaha, I knew of the Superman cover, but not the Namor one!

I love the Gene Colan version

You really get a sense of movement here. Also I like to picture the guy looking at the periscope is freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, I knew of the Superman cover, but not the Namor one!
    Between us, we've got it covered! ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I love the Gene Colan version

You really get a sense of movement here. Also I like to picture the guy looking at the periscope is freaking out.
    YES! That is the best one of the bunch, IMO. Colan was great at showing Namor and the Atlanteans actually swimming and his use of shadows (at least when he wasn't inked by Vinnie Colletta) added to that underwater feel. Plus his work always was dynamic.

I was mistaken. The Weapon X periscope art isn't the cover, but it's the interior page. I'll have to see if I can find it. Colan still rules, however.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes, but the newer cover shows a sinking ship!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I find myself missing Tiger Shark's old look, I thought it was really cool when he got those adamantium teeth in Hulk (2008) #11

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I love TigerShark, he doesn't need adamantium teeth, it feels like a gimmick to me, making everything adamantium always makes me eye-roll. Leave it for Ultron and Wolverine. TigerShark just needs to be ridiculously sharp and powerful, plus being a shark man, even if you smash him in the face hard enough (like by Namor or Hulk) his teeth would easily regrow and be replaced. That's more interesting than metal teeth, at least to me. I both love and hate the classic Buscema design. I love the silhouette of the design, I love the fin, the aggressive look of him. I HATE the Kirbyesque orange and black zigzag, and I genuinely feel it's one of the reasons he's never crossed over to a big hitter villain. You can tell Marvel and artists have struggled trying to get away from the zigzag over the years, but can never quite do it. They go in one extreme or another, never really succeeding and ultimately TirgerShark goes back to the orange. He needs to keep the powerful Buscema silhouette and general look, but lose the orange and zigzag. He needs his suit to become more organic looking, a living skin, more part of him but still keep the classic look. I've tried myself to work this out in sketches, maybe I'll post some here at some point.

Marvel's Justice Society of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Marvel's Justice Society of America.

Hmmmm. I never thought of them that way, but I guess All Winners WAS Marvel's JSA.

Look at Namor in that corner. Arms crossed and unhappy, even back then! LOL!

Hmmmm. I never thought of them that way, but I guess All Winners WAS Marvel's JSA.

Look at Namor in that corner. Arms crossed and unhappy, even back then! LOL!
    Haha, to have fun with this, it is one of three things:
    1) Namor is mad Toro is also shirtless
    2) Namor is cold
    3) Young Namor does not want to show off his body with a girl (woman) present

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Haha, to have fun with this, it is one of three things:
    1) Namor is mad Toro is also shirtless
    2) Namor is cold
    3) Young Namor does not want to show off his body with a girl (woman) present
    I'm going to have to go with a definite NO to #2, and a "heck NO" to #3. In fact, I'm surprised he didn't shove Whizzer out of his seat so he could sit next to Madeline. LOL!

Namor does seem to be giving someone an eye roll / side eye ... or maybe the coloring is just bad. ;p So, I'd go with #1.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I find myself missing Tiger Shark's old look, I thought it was really cool when he got those adamantium teeth in Hulk (2008) #11

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love TigerShark, he doesn't need adamantium teeth, it feels like a gimmick to me, making everything adamantium always makes me eye-roll. Leave it for Ultron and Wolverine. TigerShark just needs to be ridiculously sharp and powerful, plus being a shark man, even if you smash him in the face hard enough (like by Namor or Hulk) his teeth would easily regrow and be replaced. That's more interesting than metal teeth, at least to me. I both love and hate the classic Buscema design. I love the silhouette of the design, I love the fin, the aggressive look of him. I HATE the Kirbyesque orange and black zigzag, and I genuinely feel it's one of the reasons he's never crossed over to a big hitter villain. You can tell Marvel and artists have struggled trying to get away from the zigzag over the years, but can never quite do it. They go in one extreme or another, never really succeeding and ultimately TirgerShark goes back to the orange. He needs to keep the powerful Buscema silhouette and general look, but lose the orange and zigzag. He needs his suit to become more organic looking, a living skin, more part of him but still keep the classic look. I've tried myself to work this out in sketches, maybe I'll post some here at some point.
    I do like Tiger Shark's old look. I don't really care for the trend of making him more bestial and dumb muscle. I have long thought he _should_ have been one of Namor's major threat villains, his dark side mirror. Namor is literally part of him ... as well as the tiger shark. There's a world of stuff that could have been done with that, but everyone went with dumb henchman. The only person who picked up on this was Bob Harras in his post Byrne run -- when Tiger Shark and Tamara were a couple. Of course, he and Jae Lee also may have started that bestial look, so it wasn't all good. ;p

I do think people Tiger Shark / his look should inspire primal FEAR in people, just like a shark does. He should be scary.

Yeah, I'm kind of with you there Doombot, on the adamantium. It, and vibranium, are overused and have become miracle, do everything metals. What I'd love to see is Marvel make orichalcum a magical Atlantean metal, with specific, limited properties -- then do stuff with that, though not put it in Tiger Shark's mouth. LOL! Plus, don't sharks constantly lose their teeth and grow them back?

You know, I never really considered Tiger Shark's suit orange ... but I guess it is a dull orange color. It reminds me more of Wolverine's "brown" suit." I've NO idea why it is orange, cause tiger sharks aren't orange ... unless they got confused about the tiger part of his name. I'm fine with the zigzags, and love the fin, but I don't care much for all those spikes running down his legs. Ouch.