Page 135 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2721
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Namor's costumes:

So much bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Namor's costumes:

I recognize most of those...but where did #8 come from? That's the only one that does not look familiar to me at all and that I can't think of a context for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I recognize most of those...but where did #8 come from? That's the only one that does not look familiar to me at all and that I can't think of a context for.
    "When he first returned from the Heroes Reborn universe, Namor lost his ability to breathe underwater, and was forced to adopt a special diving suit to return to Atlantis. The black tunic had a golden three pronged symbol covering the front, resembling the Trident of Neptune. Three golden frills also covered the shoulders. Striped red patterns also appeared on the suit, apparently part of the oxygen-filtrated system. The lower suit was a set of leggings in green scales like Namor's trunks, ending in a pair of boots. The gold mask had a clear faceplate to provide him with oxygen. [Marvel Team-Up (2nd series) #9]

--) Namor returned to his traditional green trunks after regaining his aquatic abilities. While under the Curse of Yandroth, the Defenders changed into darker versions of themselves. Namor represented this change by reassuming his black moisture suit from his "Savage Sub-Mariner" days." - https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/s...ostume-gallery

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-07-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Ugh! When what came after was consistently worst than what came first. There is only one good look for the king of Atlantis, IMO the rest is trash. No wonder why they keep coming back to it. Never seen #4 before though.

Last edited by Thor-El; 10-08-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Here's some of Namor villains from the end of his first silver age regular series. The pairing of She-Beast and Orka was very cool plus Orka was a lot more lethal and effective back then.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Here's some of Namor villains from the end of his first silver age regular series. The pairing of She-Beast and Orka was very cool plus Orka was a lot more lethal and effective back then.

Nowadays, I'm not so sure about these villains or these issues, but they will always hold a special place in fannish heart, since these were some of the first Namor books I bought, on the 7-11 spinner racks! And I read those issues so many times! Those covers are still great, however. They just leap out! Of course, you can't go wrong with Johnny Romita Sr. and Gil Kane.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ugh! When what came after was consistently worst than what came first. There is only one good look for the king of Atlantis, IMO the rest is trash. No wonder why they keep coming back to it. Never seen #4 before though.

Those animation shots never get old!

I'm never going argue against the speedo, but there are a few others I don't mind.

Oh, #4 was the 'disguise' Namor wore, when everyone thought he was dead from Atlantis Attacks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Namor's costumes:
    Thanks for posting these!

I really don't think there's that much difference between 2 and 3, nor between 10 and 11. It has left out the X-Men Red outfit, though. And there's a few others that are missing, including the Kirby classic fur trimmed red cap with that Statue of Liberty Crown.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nowadays, I'm not so sure about these villains or these issues, but they will always hold a special place in fannish heart, since these were some of the first Namor books I bought, on the 7-11 spinner racks! And I read those issues so many times! Those covers are still great, however. They just leap out! Of course, you can't go wrong with Johnny Romita Sr. and Gil Kane.
    I liked how the She-Beast started as a seemingly nonthreatening villain to Namor as he is fooled by her smaller frame.

Mighty Member

Only to morph into the first female villain with strength rivaling the Hulk.

And then the next issue Orka, another super strong villain joins her against Namor.

Mighty Member

A page from She-Beast and Orka teaming up against Namor

And a couple of pages of the Piranha issue

Mighty Member

Even though Piranha seems to die at the end of this issue, he returns in Marvel Two in One. By then Namor had trashed his new costume after Super Villain Team Up and returned to his classic look.

Ah, I had heard tale of the she-demon named Virago! But I never saw her. Wow! She is strong!

I also see Tamara Rahn! Yay!

I love how those issues had new characters, be they friends or foes, issue after issue. Some good stuff there!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It’s funny they haven’t given Namor a child yet. They did with other golden age heroes or a child/father type relationship
    Well, there was Subbie the Sea-Going Lad, from Kid Komics (1943), though it was unclear if her had any direct connection to Namor. I wonder what happened to him...

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.