Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    He did do well in the Defenders mini but he had to work with whatever Aaron was doing in Avengers, but I hope he has more freedom to write Invaders without having to reference anything Avengers. Magno followed me back when I followed him, so that is cool, and I will try to keep my tweets at them to a minimum because I don't like to bother people, but I WILL be screaming ALOT when this comic comes out. I am so excited. Also I'm trying to write a good letter, and not get too long with my begging for a solo. LOL.
    Don't pay any attention to me. I'm disappointed and trying to keep my expectations low, after Robinson's Invaders / SS, and seeing what Jason Aaron is doing. I think Zdarsky is in the same boat as Robinson was in his Invaders run in regards to Namor. Robinson had to dance around what Hickman was doing to Namor in the Avengers, and Zdarsky is going to have to do the same with what Aaron is doing with Namor in Avengers and War of Realms. The differences, I think, is that Zdarsky is actually using whatever Aaron did to Namor (the black eyed possession) to make him an adversary of his fellow Invaders, and he's centering the first arc on Namor. Robinson was interested in Namor as a supporting character for Hammond. I think / hope that Zdarsky actually wants to write something about Namor.

I can't even think about writing a letter tonight. It would be nothing but RANTING! ;p

Ugh mood honestly. I was ranting to a friend earlier. lol. It's beyond insane how much Marvel just keeps trashing Namor, I swear everyone and their dog has visited Atlantis by now without any hindrance, JUST the water pressure alone should be causing problems!!! I'm sorry but HOW did Ka-Zar hold his breath so long? Did he get gills or something?!!! (I should sit in a corner too.)
    The Ka-Zar Crap is just stupid. There is NO explanation for it. But hey! It starts the set up for Namor (who will be replaced by character that looks like Namor but is named Attuma) as Ka-Zar's archnemesis when Ka-Zar gets his movie / tv show made.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    LOL!

Better practice are breathing techniques then. I hear long deep breaths are key. Haha
    Haha! Breeeeeeaaaaaathe!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Reason Why I'd Rather Not Have Hickman Write Namor, Exhibit A :
    Ha! Like we didn't know that about Hickman already.

Yikes... he really likes Reed and while I liked some of hickman Namor's lines overall Hickman is not good for Namor.

By the way Namor and Doctor Doom were just added to Puzzle Quest!!! I'm so happy Namor is in a game for the first time in forever! Even if it is just an app its still better than nothing.
    Hickman is something of a troll on twitter. That's not exactly the right word, but he likes being blunt and outrageous and sarcastic. Hickman could be good on a Namor solo book -- as long as he resisted bringing in Doooom! But I tend to think he couldn't resist.

Wait. WHAT? How can that be?! Namor in a Marvel game?!!! I will have to go check this out.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ha! Like we didn't know that about Hickman already.

Hickman is something of a troll on twitter. That's not exactly the right word, but he likes being blunt and outrageous and sarcastic. Hickman could be good on a Namor solo book -- as long as he resisted bringing in Doooom! But I tend to think he couldn't resist.

Wait. WHAT? How can that be?! Namor in a Marvel game?!!! I will have to go check this out.
    Screenshot_20190109-204747.jpg

There he is!

Lol, well if hickman gives me another supervillain team up then i won't say no.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Don't pay any attention to me. I'm disappointed and trying to keep my expectations low, after Robinson's Invaders / SS, and seeing what Jason Aaron is doing. I think Zdarsky is in the same boat as Robinson was in his Invaders run in regards to Namor. Robinson had to dance around what Hickman was doing to Namor in the Avengers, and Zdarsky is going to have to do the same with what Aaron is doing with Namor in Avengers and War of Realms. The differences, I think, is that Zdarsky is actually using whatever Aaron did to Namor (the black eyed possession) to make him an adversary of his fellow Invaders, and he's centering the first arc on Namor. Robinson was interested in Namor as a supporting character for Hammond. I think / hope that Zdarsky actually wants to write something about Namor.
    No worries! I wasn't following along for the last Invaders run and the whole S.S. thing but when I finally got caught up boy was I MAD. I'm trying to keep my cool but my excitement is very strong. Namor being a supporting character is hurting him, he gets used as a plot device and forgotten. From what it seems like to me, Zdarsky has Namor going off the deep end and maybe the Invaders are trying to stage an intervention to get the old Namor back? lol Now I can imagine subby in therapy? it wouldn't end well. hehe

I can't even think about writing a letter tonight. It would be nothing but RANTING! ;p

The Ka-Zar Crap is just stupid. There is NO explanation for it. But hey! It starts the set up for Namor (who will be replaced by character that looks like Namor but is named Attuma) as Ka-Zar's archnemesis when Ka-Zar gets his movie / tv show made.
    LOL what a mood. I will be working on this over the week and sending it in later when I can be sure to frame it in a way that isn't: WHY HAVE YOU IGNORED YOUR BEST CHARACTER FOR SO LONG MARVEL? WHYYYY? GIVE BOOK TO FISH MAN NOW."

HA! It seems like these days, all you need to do is splash a bit of ocean water and Namor comes up to be your enemy for plot with no build up. However if Ka-Zar does get a movie we could have SOMEONE in a tiny (speedo) loincloth.

As to Avengers today... I'm no longer surprised by the incredible stupidity, lack of care, and forced story telling at Marvel comics. The lengths the writers go through to ensure certain characters stay down is a perpetual thing that will continue to occur until a changing of the guard happens, almost from top to bottom. Namor and his mythos are free and open game for Marvels writers. The only thing fan's of the Avenging Son can hope for now is that they apply a generous amount of lube, before they come at his loyal supporters from behind.
    The problem for me is I just don't know any single writer or team who could handle Namor? I know I'm placing all my hopes on Zdarsky but I really hope I won't need that lube anytime soon. lol.

Screenshot_20190109-204747.jpg

There he is!

Lol, well if hickman gives me another supervillain team up then i won't say no.
    OMG! It is happening! I can't believe it! Well, they announced and they are even promoting it with that icon! I can't wait! It's like a roller coaster of emotions and moods around here.

Now I have to figure out how to play this game. LOL!

If they are doing this, and I mean showing more of Namor, they seem to be tying him up with the Fantastic Four rather than Black Panther (for now! which is WAY better) since he and Doctor Doom came out at the same time, and the news is something Fantastic was coming to the game. I haven't played this in a while but its fairly simple and repetitive.

I've been talking to anyone who would listen for years about how amazing it would be if we had a Sub-Mariner game and Sony's recent Spider-Man game is so amazing, the graphics take your breath away. Now imagine a game completely underwater? with being able to explore Atlantis and seeing sea creatures and being able to play as namor? It would be amazing!

(sometimes I wish that Sony had bought Namor instead of Universal way back when Marvel was selling stuff because at least they actually made spider-man movies and the new into the spiderverse is beautiful!)

No worries! I wasn't following along for the last Invaders run and the whole S.S. thing but when I finally got caught up boy was I MAD. I'm trying to keep my cool but my excitement is very strong. Namor being a supporting character is hurting him, he gets used as a plot device and forgotten. From what it seems like to me, Zdarsky has Namor going off the deep end and maybe the Invaders are trying to stage an intervention to get the old Namor back? lol Now I can imagine subby in therapy? it wouldn't end well. hehe
    Speaking of roller coaster ... it was like that here when Hickman and Robinson were torturing Namor fans. I agree. STOP treating Namor like a supporting character. The success of his DC "homage" resides in the fact that they treated Aquaman as an A-lister for years, under Geoff Johns. Oh, and that SuperFriends cartoon. Namor has been treated like crap by Marvel, and he STILL is a far more interesting character to me. I can't imagine what it would be like if Marvel actually treated him like the A-Lister he is, and gave him the game and animation push.

Aaron has something going on with Namor, cause he's not acting like he should, nor are his powers exactly what they should be. I think Zdarsky is building on that premise. It will be interesting to see how closely Aaron and Zdarsky do work together.

Marvel did a series of Psych Ward articles a while ago, and Namor was the subject of one of them. It had it's amusing moments. I'll see if I can find a link.

LOL what a mood. I will be working on this over the week and sending it in later when I can be sure to frame it in a way that isn't: WHY HAVE YOU IGNORED YOUR BEST CHARACTER FOR SO LONG MARVEL? WHYYYY? GIVE BOOK TO FISH MAN NOW."

HA! It seems like these days, all you need to do is splash a bit of ocean water and Namor comes up to be your enemy for plot with no build up. However if Ka-Zar does get a movie we could have SOMEONE in a tiny (speedo) loincloth.
    Heh. That may be the best way to express yourself. I think TLDR applies, for them.

The problem for me is I just don't know any single writer or team who could handle Namor? I know I'm placing all my hopes on Zdarsky but I really hope I won't need that lube anytime soon. lol.
    This is the problem. I'd like Namor to get A-List treatment, but I'm not so sure Marvel has the talent right now. I mean, Aaron is one of their top writers, and I'm not feeling him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Michaud
    Imperius Rex!... Be advised my fellow #Namor aFISHonados a glorious @ComicGeekSpeak podcast on the Sub-Mariner exists! Submerge yourself for 3-hours of Subby Speak...
    https://twitter.com/oldschoolross/st...90513439870976

OMG. Are we aFISHonados??? LOL! I haven't listened to this podcast, but the link is below... if you need something to listen to for THREE hours.

Comic Geek Speak Sub-Mariner Spotlight Podcast

OMG. We got Tom Coker. And he is GLORIOUS!

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...nts-1#/slide/6
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-11-2019 at 07:34 AM.

I am so happy you posted this, I screamed, this is so beautiful and I am awed that we got this wonderful team. (I was hoping for Pak!!!) THANK YOU!

I am so happy you posted this, I screamed, this is so beautiful and I am awed that we got this wonderful team. (I was hoping for Pak!!!) THANK YOU!
    Me too! I couldn't believe it when I saw that first page, with Namor floating above the city. It's breathtaking.

I've been haunting Pak's twitter feed and I finally found Coker's instagram, hoping they'd post something about it, and let us know if they were indeed doing the Namor story -- but they've been entirely mum.

I must say, that lungman Sawyer is living dangerously talking to Namor like that. Not cool to call Namor's ruined city, "ancient history."

Mighty Member

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...nts-1#/slide/6
    Wow, not Greg Land but this looks excellent, and best of all we have iconic Namor! Why cannot we have him like this in the new series, I bet Carlos Magno's iconic Namor would look awesome!

Mighty Member

I'd like to start posting some cool gifs from the 60s cartoon. Wonder if the board will take them. This is a test. From the 60's cartoons, a time displaced Namor in Rome is condemned by emperor Nero to die as a sacrifice to the fire demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, not Greg Land but this looks excellent, and best of all we have iconic Namor! Why cannot we have him like this in the new series, I bet Carlos Magno's iconic Namor would look awesome!
    You'll still get some Greg Land, Thor-El, but in the Cap story.

I agree. The iconic green trunks are truly impressive. I'm not sure about Magno, but we'll be getting Butch Guice's iconic Namor in the flashbacks. His style has some similarities to Coker's -- the use of dark inks. I think they'll be nicely done.