Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Introducing Namor and Atlantis in Black Panther is the worst possible thing for Sub-Mariner fans. Some BP fans might like it because it's another chance to make Panther the super-awesome-amazing guy and Namor as the heel again. I have a nagging feeling it's going to happen.
    Most of us BP fans don't want him in the movie either. I'd rather continue spotlighting and redesigning his rogues like they did for Killmonger.
    Last edited by Shadey; 08-01-2019 at 09:32 AM.

I agree. As a BP fan, I don't want to see Namor in a BP solo movie.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Sounds like bullshit to me. Besides, Wakanda is landlocked in the MCU, so a rivalry between Wakanda and Atlantis would make no sense in this universe.
    Isn't Wakanda landlocked in the comics, also? It hasn't stopped them there either. Though, I agree, I don't think it makes sense in either media. But then again, I didn't think it made sense to have Wakanda hiding their ships in the oceans, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Most of us BP fans don't want him in the movie either. I'd rather continue spotlighting and redesigning his rogues like they did for Killmonger.
    I'll take your word on it, but there's plenty of people online that seem to want it -- they certainly are filling up my searches today.

That's my thought, also. Doesn't BP have enough of a rogue's gallery to fill up a trio of movies? I would be beyond annoyed, if the movies thought Namor only had enough rogues and storylines to support one movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sadly, she and all the Atlanteans apparently died in the original Exiles series… until a future writer needs them again.
    Nooooo! They just keep killing of Lady Dorma! It's like a horrible groundhog day scene.

What a waste.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think some of you should have looked in the Black Panther thread when it was reported before because we don't want him to be in it either, and as BP fan myself and as someone who does admire Namor enough without knowing or reading much, I don't think using him as a villain is the best choice. And Henry Goulding?? As Namor??? That is horrible casting and doesn't sound like the sort of thing Sarah Finn of Marvel Studios does anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I hope you are right and this is only a rumor. What a tremendous disservice to the character it would be. Namor needs to be introduced in his own movie in a period movie before and then during the World War II and have Namor start as an enemy and then turn into a hero during the war. A Black Panther introduction is horrible and even a Fantastic Four would also not be a good thing for the character as it skips the goodness of all the Bill Everett material from the Golden Age.
    And Betty Dean! I saw this Artgerm variant of Mary Jane, and I thought, wouldn't it be great to get an old Hollywood glam cover of Betty Dean, something like this?

They have the multiverse now. They should do an Invaders movie, and then merge that timeline with the MCU. I wouldn't be surprised if that is how they are going to bring the FF into MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think some of you should have looked in the Black Panther thread when it was reported before because we don't want him to be in it either, and as BP fan myself and as someone who does admire Namor enough without knowing or reading much, I don't think using him as a villain is the best choice. And Henry Goulding?? As Namor??? That is horrible casting and doesn't sound like the sort of thing Sarah Finn of Marvel Studios does anyway.
    I've seen a few Black Panther fans even in that thread that want Namor in the movie ... just so BP can kill him or trash him completely. No thanks.

If Namor isn't introduced in his own movie, which I think he should be, I'm almost certain that he'll be portrayed as an anti-hero / antagonist in someone else's movie. That was his introduction and role in the Golden Age and the Silver Age. But in both cases, it was made clear, that Namor had arguably valid reasons.

I agree. I like Henry Golding, but he's just not Namor. There's a ton of Asian actors who could pull of the arrogance and the larger than life aspects, as well as the intensity of Namor. But I really haven't seen that with Golding.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I've seen a few Black Panther fans even in that thread that want Namor in the movie ... just so BP can kill him or trash him completely. No thanks.

If Namor isn't introduced in his own movie, which I think he should be, I'm almost certain that he'll be portrayed as an anti-hero / antagonist in someone else's movie. That was his introduction and role in the Golden Age and the Silver Age. But in both cases, it was made clear, that Namor had arguably valid reasons.

I agree. I like Henry Golding, but he's just not Namor. There's a ton of Asian actors who could pull of the arrogance and the larger than life aspects, as well as the intensity of Namor. But I really haven't seen that with Golding.
    The idea for some is that if Namor is going to be in it, he should lose. I don't want to even see him lose in a BP film. I'm becoming less fond of that entire storyline as more people talk about it and I don't think it did both characters a service.

In fact, everything from that report sounds like rubbish. Why would Namor want Wakanda for himself to rule? That sounds so unlike him. The rivalry in the comics was personal, and not about some petty "I want!" stuff like this. If they so badly want to do it, it needs to be built, almost like a better version of the Civil War film where we've come to know both sides very well and seeing them fight is hard to watch. Doing it in a single film wouldn't do it justice. Also, the report also contradicts itself. It says Namor is going to be the villain that attacks Wakanda and wants to rule it, but then also says it's unclear what his role will be. Like, what?? YOU JUST SAID IT!

I'm not gonna believe this thing.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Twitter is hell, I need to stop arguing with fans who jump on my, I don't think namor should be in BP posts to tell me im wrong. I just have to start blocking them bc they don't care about anything except namor being beaten to a pulp by bp. I really really hope that namor doesn't show up. If he does, then at least let it be like rise of the black panther #2 where they had a misunderstanding fight and not let it be like AvX. like my standards are so low right now. I really would have preferred Namor in FF and i hope these rumors are not true.

I'm not sure and Henry Golding either, I would have thought Daniel Henney more of a Namor type, he is even 6'2'' tall so he is Namor's height as well.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

And Betty Dean! I saw this Artgerm variant of Mary Jane, and I thought, wouldn't it be great to get an old Hollywood glam cover of Betty Dean, something like this?

They have the multiverse now. They should do an Invaders movie, and then merge that timeline with the MCU. I wouldn't be surprised if that is how they are going to bring the FF into MCU.
    Wow, that's a beautiful drawing of Mary Jane! Our Betty Dean would look great in this style!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Twitter is hell, I need to stop arguing with fans who jump on my, I don't think namor should be in BP posts to tell me im wrong. I just have to start blocking them bc they don't care about anything except namor being beaten to a pulp by bp. I really really hope that namor doesn't show up. If he does, then at least let it be like rise of the black panther #2 where they had a misunderstanding fight and not let it be like AvX. like my standards are so low right now. I really would have preferred Namor in FF and i hope these rumors are not true.

I'm not sure and Henry Golding either, I would have thought Daniel Henney more of a Namor type, he is even 6'2'' tall so he is Namor's height as well.

I haven't seen Henney in anything, but he looks more like Namor for sure.

I'm torn about Namor showing up first in FF also (I just can't take the Sue triangle, AGAIN). But at least that has a Silver Age comic precedent. My favorite choice, of course, is his own solo. But I'd settle for an Invaders movie. Third choice would be an OG Defenders movie.

I just checked out your twitter and YES. You definitely need to exercise the BLOCK option. Repeatedly. Especially that "Justin Tetel" idiot. He can't even get the issue number of Marvels right. Those panels are from Marvels #1, not #2. He keeps posting that Marvels tidal wave from the Golden Age Torch fight and accusing you of not reading it. But if _he_ had actually read those pages, he'd see that NYC was evacuated or people were sent to water tight shelters in the subway. It's right there in the pages before that. That's why they don't talk about causalities, because there weren't supposed to be any. And it's why America does NOT go to war with Atlantis for "attacking" NYC, whereas, they do go to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor is attacked.

It's Marvels Project that says there are causalities from that tidal wave, but we can't trust Marvels Project, since 1) it is a memoir from a third party written, IIRC, when the narrator was old, decades after the events. 2) we know that there are several things that are ... inaccurate from already established events ... like Cap having anything to do with any Namor and Torch conflict -- he did NOT.

This is why I agree with another Namor fan, that this big crazy crossover story is fine for a Golden Age story that was thrown together by the 'bullpen' over a drunken weekend at either Burgos or Everett's apartment, but it should never have been brought into the MU continuity proper. Roy Thomas didn't bring it into the MU proper in the three or four times he retold Namor's story. John Byrne didn't bring it into the MU either. It really doesn't belong, because it makes no sense. Namor basically defeats Italy and Germany and Japan ALL BY HIMSELF, and floods Africa too (so bye bye Wakanda). Why wouldn't he use that technology to take out the Axis, instead of fighting WWII for years and years?

Even in FF #4, NYC was evacuated, so there weren't supposed to be causalities there either. We know that's true, because the Thing, and the FF set off a freaking nuclear bomb off to take out Giganto! And yes, we'll ignore the fact that the fallout actually would kill even more people. So, it tells you how biased this guy is that he ignores the actual text, and the FF using a nuclear bomb in NYC, to claim that Namor is a villain killing tons of people in NYC.

The only time we see Namor killing like what this guys says, is in Hickman's story -- under the influence of the Phoenix and in the impossible, contrived Incursions situation -- where he saved two universes at the cost of a single world and his own soul.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-01-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, that's a beautiful drawing of Mary Jane! Our Betty Dean would look great in this style!
    Exactly! ArtGerm's does some very popular female super-heroine covers, but this is the first one I've that made me want him to do one of Namor's ladies.

Well, something is going on, for sure. It looks like we'll get Namor in yet another game!

He, and the FF, are joining StrikeForce with the next update. Maybe he WILL be introduced in the FF movie.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07...l-strike-force

I haven't seen Henney in anything, but he looks more like Namor for sure.

I'm torn about Namor showing up first in FF also (I just can't take the Sue triangle, AGAIN). But at least that has a Silver Age comic precedent. My favorite choice, of course, is his own solo. But I'd settle for an Invaders movie. Third choice would be an OG Defenders movie.

I just checked out your twitter and YES. You definitely need to exercise the BLOCK option. Repeatedly. Especially that "Justin Tetel" idiot. He can't even get the issue number of Marvels right. Those panels are from Marvels #1, not #2. He keeps posting that Marvels tidal wave from the Golden Age Torch fight and accusing you of not reading it. But if _he_ had actually read those pages, he'd see that NYC was evacuated or people were sent to water tight shelters in the subway. It's right there in the pages before that. That's why they don't talk about causalities, because there weren't supposed to be any. And it's why America does NOT go to war with Atlantis for "attacking" NYC, whereas, they do go to war with Japan after Pearl Harbor is attacked.

It's Marvels Project that says there are causalities from that tidal wave, but we can't trust Marvels Project, since 1) it is a memoir from a third party written, IIRC, when the narrator was old, decades after the events. 2) we know that there are several things that are ... inaccurate from already established events ... like Cap having anything to do with any Namor and Torch conflict -- he did NOT.

This is why I agree with another Namor fan, that this big crazy crossover story is fine for a Golden Age story that was thrown together by the 'bullpen' over a drunken weekend at either Burgos or Everett's apartment, but it should never have been brought into the MU continuity proper. Roy Thomas didn't bring it into the MU proper in the three or four times he retold Namor's story. John Byrne didn't bring it into the MU either. It really doesn't belong, because it makes no sense. Namor basically defeats Italy and Germany and Japan ALL BY HIMSELF, and floods Africa too (so bye bye Wakanda). Why wouldn't he use that technology to take out the Axis, instead of fighting WWII for years and years?

Even in FF #4, NYC was evacuated, so there weren't supposed to be causalities there either. We know that's true, because the Thing, and the FF set off a freaking nuclear bomb off to take out Giganto! And yes, we'll ignore the fact that the fallout actually would kill even more people. So, it tells you how biased this guy is that he ignores the actual text, and the FF using a nuclear bomb in NYC, to claim that Namor is a villain killing tons of people in NYC.

The only time we see Namor killing like what this guys says, is in Hickman's story -- under the influence of the Phoenix and in the impossible, contrived Incursions situation -- where he saved two universes at the cost of a single world and his own soul.
    Its why I kept telling them to read the context, and they kept posting the panels, I got them confused with the ones from the marvels projects and it was marvels which honestly I read those comics ages ago. Also its very different from what happened with wakanda/phoenix force, but yeah I'm just gonna block people like that. I honestly just try to keep a place on twitter where people can check for Namor news cause I try to look into the tags whenever I can. Also I try to promo his books/upcoming info.

Also I agree, I never want anymore Namor/Sue stuff ever, I really wish if Namor ever got a movie we got some betty or dorma!

Well, something is going on, for sure. It looks like we'll get Namor in yet another game!

He, and the FF, are joining StrikeForce with the next update. Maybe he WILL be introduced in the FF movie.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07...l-strike-force

OMGGGGG IM SO EXCITED. he looks really good here! I have to have hope that all this exposure and games means Marvel is pumping up to give him something for his 80th.

Speaking of Dorma and also that art with Mary Jane, wouldn't it be so cool if we got a Marvel Bombshells like how DC had? But with like Betty, Dorma, etc.