Page 103 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2721

Twitter and social media in general will take any rumor as fact and spread it. Ryan mentioned over a year ago he wanted to use Kraven in the first one and ever since then people been claiming their "inside sources" said Kraven will be the main villain and it kicked up again a week or two ago when Boss Logic said his source claimed Kraven will be the villain and will be Wakandan. The people who want to see Namor are the ones that skim a wiki page or see any BP vs Namor image and claim that it's the best idea because they saw it online.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Speaking of Dorma and also that art with Mary Jane, wouldn't it be so cool if we got a Marvel Bombshells like how DC had? But with like Betty, Dorma, etc.
    It would be awesome! They could do a whole line! There's Tamara Rahn, Marrina, Namora, Namorita, Diane Arliss, just to name a few.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Speaking of Dorma and also that art with Mary Jane, wouldn't it be so cool if we got a Marvel Bombshells like how DC had? But with like Betty, Dorma, etc.
    That would be so great. I think that Mary Jane can be easily transformed into Dorma. She already has the red hair.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It would be awesome! They could do a whole line! There's Tamara Rahn, Marrina, Namora, Namorita, Diane Arliss, just to name a few.
    Thats a good line up! It would be so cool, now if only someone are marvel has the same idea they can give us some great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That would be so great. I think that Mary Jane can be easily transformed into Dorma. She already has the red hair.
    You spoke it into existence and I tried to make it? lol. A photo manipulation for some vintage "Dorma". dormamaryj.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Thats a good line up! It would be so cool, now if only someone are marvel has the same idea they can give us some great stuff!

You spoke it into existence and I tried to make it? lol. A photo manipulation for some vintage "Dorma". dormamaryj.jpg
    Love it!!! Thanks IW!

Love it!!! Thanks IW!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's official: Wave is joining Future Fight.

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelFutur...2235064986434/

As a Filipino reader of Marvel, let me throw in my two cents. I disagree that Wave is being pushed as Marvel's premiere water character; if anything, she is an addition to Marvel's stable of water-affiliated superheroes, alongside Marvel. Namor's already in Contest of Champions, this will only be Wave's first game appearance.

I think Pearl Pangan is being pushed primarily for her ethnicity, who happens to have hydrokinesis powers like Water Wizard. I can tell you her appeal among Filipino, and perhaps Filipino-American readers, is strong and a lot of my countrymen are very vocal in their support of her. Marvel is pushing for more diversity and representation and it tapped into New Agents of Atlas to reach out to the Asian audience. Is Marvel doing it at the expense of Namor? I really can't say, but maybe someone who is invested neither in Namor nor in Wave can give an outsider's view.
    Maybe your right but...

Jane-Thor
    Kate -Hawkeye
    X-23-Wolverine
    Riri-Ironman

List goes on. With the current state of Marvel and the clear mindset/culture/bias/whatever you choose to call it that is going on, Namor, in his true alliterations, goes against just about everything they seem to be pushing. It is no coincidence that a character who has lived in a noble grey area of characterization has been turned heel to seeming more villain than hero in recent times. It is no coincidence that most of the "new" fans know Namor as only a villain when in his earliest depictions he was always marketed to be standing among the likes of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and so on.

But again maybe you are right. Trust me I want you to be. Having a new diverse character that does not leech off of any other character to gain popularity would be something I would not only be pumped for but it would something I openly push and support. However, in the same vein I'm not blind to the companies track record or to clearly defined pattern's, thus skepticism. I mean we have seen this exact same marketing, news push, and so on before and it didn't end so well for certain characters or their fans.

Sidebar: I sat on this post for a bit to think about it some more and to reconsider my stance, I really don't think I'm off the mark here. I know it is probably an unpopular opinion for this site and the mods here, if not just because the characters in question but I stand by what I said. Hopefully I'm wrong, even though I severely doubt that I am.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

OMG! That's so awesome! And like I said, Namor has the best fans. While Marvel FAILS, we step up and support Namor with our own creative abilities. Great work, IW!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The idea for some is that if Namor is going to be in it, he should lose. I don't want to even see him lose in a BP film. I'm becoming less fond of that entire storyline as more people talk about it and I don't think it did both characters a service.

In fact, everything from that report sounds like rubbish. Why would Namor want Wakanda for himself to rule? That sounds so unlike him. The rivalry in the comics was personal, and not about some petty "I want!" stuff like this. If they so badly want to do it, it needs to be built, almost like a better version of the Civil War film where we've come to know both sides very well and seeing them fight is hard to watch. Doing it in a single film wouldn't do it justice. Also, the report also contradicts itself. It says Namor is going to be the villain that attacks Wakanda and wants to rule it, but then also says it's unclear what his role will be. Like, what?? YOU JUST SAID IT!

I'm not gonna believe this thing.
    Exactly the bolded. This is why I said true Namor fans (and I'm not fond of those exclusionary 'distinctions'), fans who love the character and want to see him shine, don't want him anywhere near a Black Panther movie. There's no plus side to getting trashed and abused to support another character's movie. Yes, it would get him in the MCU and give him exposure, but at what cost?

Namor DID get more exposure and probably won a few fans with Hickman's run, but what has it gotten his fans? Not even a big fat zero. It got Namor sunk in a giant negative hole of character abuse with labels like villain, mass murderer and genocide, with absolutely NO serious attempt to fix the character. In the TEN years since AvX we didn't even get a mini-series, much less an ongoing -- while characters like Solo and Slapstick (yes, freaking SLAPSTICK) were given chances, and other characters were given multiple chances at ongoings.

Even his appearances started drying up and all we Namor fans got were promises of future arcs in team books that never appeared and then the final ignominy, getting decapitated to boost sales of freaking DC knock off team! Really?!! Thanks a lot Hickman. I had to LOL bitterly when he recently revealed his cardinal rule:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    The cardinal rule beyond that is at the end of the day, after you’ve torn up the playroom and scattered all the toys, you put everything all back on the shelf. Don’t be an a—hole and leave a mess.”

He added, “You want to tell stories that matter, but the way you write things that matter in Marvel is that you’re not destructive, you’re additive. Yes, I may do things where I destroy the entire Marvel Universe, but I always put it back together, and in putting it together you add to it in a way that puts the characters in an interesting place and you haven’t ruined anybody else’s job.”
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/hickman-p...an-x-men-sdcc/

TEN YEARS later, I'm still waiting for Hickman (or SOMEONE that cares) to clean his own damn mess as far as Namor is concerned. Yes, bitter much. So, no, I don't think Hickman's storyline did Namor any good. And Black Panther didn't exactly cover himself in glory in it either, and for me personally, it soured me on the character. But BP has the support of Marvel's editorial and the MCU, so he's getting all the help needed for recovery.

And I agree, it makes no sense. Plus, for Namor to be introduced in a BP film, that's probably half the film, if not more, introducing the character, his world and his motivation. I would have thought "true" BP fans wouldn't care for that either. And don't even get me started on the optics of casting an Asian Atlantis / Namor as an aggressive world menace AND tossing in the racial conflict also. I swear. Both Marvel and their MCU / TV divisions are complete idiots when it comes to the Asian and Asian American markets. I don't have much hope for Shang Chi, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Twitter and social media in general will take any rumor as fact and spread it. Ryan mentioned over a year ago he wanted to use Kraven in the first one and ever since then people been claiming their "inside sources" said Kraven will be the main villain and it kicked up again a week or two ago when Boss Logic said his source claimed Kraven will be the villain and will be Wakandan. The people who want to see Namor are the ones that skim a wiki page or see any BP vs Namor image and claim that it's the best idea because they saw it online.
    Yes. When I see a reputable source, like Variety or Hollywood Reporter talking about Namor in a movie, then I'll believe it. I'm not sure WHO is geeking out over having Namor in a BP movie, maybe the rumbles folks, but it if is fans of the characters, I don't think they are actually thinking about what that would mean.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-03-2019 at 10:24 AM.

OMG! That's so awesome! And like I said, Namor has the best fans. While Marvel FAILS, we step up and support Namor with our own creative abilities. Great work, IW!
    Thanks so much!

Exactly the bolded. This is why I said true Namor fans (and I'm not fond of those exclusionary 'distinctions'), fans who love the character and want to see him shine, don't want him anywhere near a Black Panther movie. There's no plus side to getting trashed and abused to support another character's movie. Yes, it would get him in the MCU and give him exposure, but at what cost?

Namor DID get more exposure and probably won a few fans with Hickman's run, but what has it gotten his fans? Not even a big fat zero. It got Namor sunk in a giant negative hole of character abuse with labels like villain, mass murderer and genocide, with absolutely NO serious attempt to fix the character. In the TEN years since AvX we didn't even get a mini-series, much less an ongoing -- while characters like Solo and Slapstick (yes, freaking SLAPSTICK) were given chances, and other characters were given multiple chances at ongoings.

Even his appearances started drying up and all we Namor fans got were promises of future arcs in team books that never appeared and then the final ignominy, getting decapitated to boost sales of freaking DC knock off team! Really?!! Thanks a lot Hickman. I had to LOL bitterly when he recently revealed his cardinal rule:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/hickman-p...an-x-men-sdcc/

TEN YEARS later, I'm still waiting for Hickman (or SOMEONE that cares) to clean his own damn mess as far as Namor is concerned. Yes, bitter much. So, no, I don't think Hickman's storyline did Namor any good. And Black Panther didn't exactly cover himself in glory in it either, and for me personally, it soured me on the character. But BP has the support of Marvel's editorial and the MCU, so he's getting all the help needed for recovery.

And I agree, it makes no sense. Plus, for Namor to be introduced in a BP film, that's probably half the film, if not more, introducing the character, his world and his motivation. I would have thought "true" BP fans wouldn't care for that either. And don't even get me started on the optics of casting an Asian Atlantis / Namor as an aggressive world menace AND tossing in the racial conflict also. I swear. Both Marvel and their MCU / TV divisions are complete idiots when it comes to the Asian and Asian American markets. I don't have much hope for Shang Chi, at all.

Yes. When I see a reputable source, like Variety or Hollywood Reporter talking about Namor in a movie, then I'll believe it. I'm not sure WHO is geeking out over having Namor in a BP movie, maybe the rumbles folks, but it if is fans of the characters, I don't think they are actually thinking about what that would mean.
    I agree with all of this, and the simple fact is Namor is not a villain, and framing him as such for his first wide spread appearance ever, I mean ever. This would be his introduction to a whole world who has never heard of him. We all know Namor has never been in a movie or show and has had so little animated stuff as well. This is gonna be him being presented to the world as a villain, and that is gonna further throw him down this hole of: using Namor for another character's development. Which is what Marvel has been doing for so long. Even if this does happen and he is a villain, it won't matter what redemption arc comes later in any movie, and no Namor is NOT loki, it will hurt his character. Who is even going to guarantee that Namor would get a redemption arc? In another BP movie? In an Avengers movie?

I will stick to my guns and continue to repeat: Namor is not a Black Panther supporting character and does not NEED BP to be in any movie. There are so many better ways of showing how Namor can be an anti-hero in a movie that is not a BP movie. He deserves his own movie and his own time to shine. Namor is not a villain.

Twitter is hell, I need to stop arguing with fans who jump on my, I don't think namor should be in BP posts to tell me im wrong. I just have to start blocking them bc they don't care about anything except namor being beaten to a pulp by bp. I really really hope that namor doesn't show up. If he does, then at least let it be like rise of the black panther #2 where they had a misunderstanding fight and not let it be like AvX. like my standards are so low right now. I really would have preferred Namor in FF and i hope these rumors are not true.

I'm not sure and Henry Golding either, I would have thought Daniel Henney more of a Namor type, he is even 6'2'' tall so he is Namor's height as well.

Oh wow Henney would be so amazing. I wonder who will play Namor’s human dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh wow Henney would be so amazing. I wonder who will play Namor’s human dad?
    O_O

Oh my. An excuse to post pics of Scotsmen????

I could see any of these guys playing Namor's dad.

sam heughan

Gerard Butler

Richard Armitage
    Okay, he's not Scottish, but he is shirtless. ;p

Of course, the real question is WHO would play Princess Fen?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-03-2019 at 08:49 PM.

I agree with all of this, and the simple fact is Namor is not a villain, and framing him as such for his first wide spread appearance ever, I mean ever. This would be his introduction to a whole world who has never heard of him. We all know Namor has never been in a movie or show and has had so little animated stuff as well. This is gonna be him being presented to the world as a villain, and that is gonna further throw him down this hole of: using Namor for another character's development. Which is what Marvel has been doing for so long. Even if this does happen and he is a villain, it won't matter what redemption arc comes later in any movie, and no Namor is NOT loki, it will hurt his character. Who is even going to guarantee that Namor would get a redemption arc? In another BP movie? In an Avengers movie?

I will stick to my guns and continue to repeat: Namor is not a Black Panther supporting character and does not NEED BP to be in any movie. There are so many better ways of showing how Namor can be an anti-hero in a movie that is not a BP movie. He deserves his own movie and his own time to shine. Namor is not a villain.
    Yes. I agree, especially with the bolded.

Marvel really needs to figure out the rights and get Namor his movie. Besides the popularity of ocean shows (it's Shark Week!) and merfolk (who else has an entire month or art like Mermaid May), Marvel needs a smart ass to replace Tony Stark ...and Namor could definitely fill that spot.

O_O

Oh my. An excuse to post pics of Scotsmen????

I could see any of these guys playing Namor's dad.

sam heughan

Gerard Butler

Richard Armitage
    Okay, he's not Scottish, but he is shirtless. ;p

Of course, the real question is WHO would play Princess Fen?
    These are great choices!!! Of course Namor's dad should be very hot and handsome and shirtless I thought about actors/actresses for a Namor movie and here's my choice for Princess Fen who I think brings a great royal arrogance that I think Princess Fen would have:

Gong Li as Princess Fen

Alo my choice for Attuma would be Uli Latukefu, he is a big and tall actor and if you google him, he played a part in netflix's Marco Polo, and I think Attuma should be physically imposing. He definitely has the muscles to play him and I know the Rock would be a good choice too but I was also thinking of not well known actors to play the part.

I have other fancasting choices too here

Yes. I agree, especially with the bolded.

Marvel really needs to figure out the rights and get Namor his movie. Besides the popularity of ocean shows (it's Shark Week!) and merfolk (who else has an entire month or art like Mermaid May), Marvel needs a smart ass to replace Tony Stark ...and Namor could definitely fill that spot.
    If Universal would only have faith and make a whole trilogy of Namor movies! My idea for the first one would be: Set in 1939, its basically Namor going to the surface for the first time, meeting betty dean, and going to war and then the war is over and he returns to the sea, I would have a side plot with the og human torch and their first fight before teaming up to fight hitler. Also the beginning before opening credits scene would be a small fen meeting leonard scenes. With Thakorr, Dorma as supporting characters.

For a second movie it would show Namor returning to Atlantis after having been gone (he would make a reference to his amnesia since there wouldnt be any FF characters) only to find krang there and he would have to go on a quest to find the trident of neptune and then dorma would have a bigger role, also Namor might see betty as an old woman, and meets vashti, and it would be set in the 1960s. Maybe Attuma as a big bad and finally ends with namor taking the crown to be king.

For a third movie I imagine that it would be the wedding of namor and dorma, with llyra as the big bad, and a threat to atlantis from the surface. Or maybe the suma-ket storyline!

Like there is so much one can do for a Namor movie without involving any other characters outside of his comics! He doesn't need to be in group movie and if Universal still holds rights to a solo then why aren't they doing anything with it?

Also found this on tumblr, lol, if Namor had a sports team then I would get interested in sports very quickly XD