Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Back at the subject of casting Namor. I have mentioned before Roman Reigns the wrestler that is getting his acting day view with Dwayne Johnson in Hobbs and Shaw. I mean even his name is Namor spelled backwards.
    I've seen Roman Reigns suggested before, also. But I haven't actually seen him in anything but pictures. I'll keep an eye out for him in Hobbs and Shaw, which I intend to see. It's funny, all three, the Rock, and Roman Reigns, and Jason Statham --- oops, I think Vin Diesel too, have either mentioned Namor as a possibility or have been rumored for the role. Statham actually took a meeting about the role when Universal was doing the movie. And of the four, he's actually the one who probably can handle the underwater scenes, as he was a competitive diver.

https://www.slashfilm.com/jason-stat...e-sub-mariner/

I think looks can be dealt with if the actor can act and has the presence.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Statham actually took a meeting about the role when Universal was doing the movie. And of the four, he's actually the one who probably can handle the underwater scenes, as he was a competitive diver.
    Wow never knew he was a competitive diver!

Wanted to drop this image I did this morning in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So cool to see Namor being added to MFF. I am an avid player of that game, so it will be great to have the Sub-Mariner in my line-up. It sucks he is hidden behind a paywall... but it will be worth it!

I must admit, Namor has become my favorite male Marvel character (Well, it's between him and Moon Knight...) so it's nice to see him being advertised more in games and media. I love how he is a complex character, one who walks a line of morality all his own. And yes, its also nice that his a muscular guy who has little on... ahem...

Anyway, I asked in the old thread about good Namor books, which I am slowly reading, but I am curious how fans are reacting to Chip Zdarsky's current Invaders book. I only read issue one, but I really liked it. Also, a random question if I may... when was Namor's first encounter with the X-Men? I know he is the 'first mutant' and all, but that seems like a later retcon, and I am curious when it was first explored.

Yes, the speedo is very much appreciated.

Sorry, I meant to answer about Zdarsky also, but got interrupted.

In part, because we are in a Namor drought as far as comic book appearances are concerned, I'm thrilled with Zdarsky's use of Namor. But even without that situation, I'm enjoying the story. I've got a few things I'm worried about, but for the moment, I'm going to trust Zdarsky to do right. I realized some of my complaints were me picking up the fact that something is wrong with Namor -- which tells me that Zdarsky has a pretty good understanding of the character, and is more subtle about his writing than many other comic writers. I love, love, love the WWII flashbacks. And I love the art for both eras. To be honest, I don't understand why this book is not selling better. I haven't really seen any negative reviews.

I'll have to pick your gaming skills later, when Namor drops in MFF. One of the advanced reviews wasn't that good ... I think he may be getting nerfed.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Wow never knew he was a competitive diver!

Wanted to drop this image I did this morning in the forum.

Whoa! Impressive, Thor-El! Besides Namor, whose skin looks even more realistic, that is an excellent job on the water!

And yes, Statham did the diving for a number of years, IIRC. That video was from the 90s I think. He was like 20 or something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Whoa! Impressive, Thor-El! Besides Namor, whose skin looks even more realistic, that is an excellent job on the water!

And yes, Statham did the diving for a number of years, IIRC. That video was from the 90s I think. He was like 20 or something.
    Thank you. And I didn't know Statham had interviewed for the job. He is 5 years older than the Rock so between him and the Rock I honestly would prefer the Rock to play Namor. But I think Roman is a more realistic choice because he is a very young unknown actor, much like Hemsworth was when he was cast as Thor.

The question always is, is the human side (father) where the mutant x-gene comes from?

Or is it his Atlantean side, no matter if those genes be deviant, inhuman or ?

Is the mutation an effect of the two sets of DNA interacting. Like maybe there are other interbreeds (not Namora, obviously) who didn't get some extra mutation or

is it causes because of the different DNAs combining.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namora appears in Agents of Atlas (2019) #1 and its a good comic so far, I won't post spoilers but the issue I have is how Namora is shown with her ankle wings in the first panel but in every panel after there is no ankle wings but she is still flying. I know the subject of Namora's wings have been back and forth over the decades but since her return its been pretty consistent. Don't know what happened here but its more than just a small panel where it might have been forgotten.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The question always is, is the human side (father) where the mutant x-gene comes from?

Is the mutation an effect of the two sets of DNA interacting. Like maybe there are other interbreeds (not Namora, obviously) who didn't get some extra mutation or

IMO the mutation was triggered by the formation of his hybrid DNA. Namor should be completely unique and I have never liked the idea of the "family" characters of Namora and Namorita. They're just typical derivative characters like Supergirl, Superboy, or any number of Spider-people and Wolverine-people. I don't like them and never will. It dilutes the strength of the original character.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namora appears in Agents of Atlas (2019) #1 and its a good comic so far, I won't post spoilers but the issue I have is how Namora is shown with her ankle wings in the first panel but in every panel after there is no ankle wings but she is still flying. I know the subject of Namora's wings have been back and forth over the decades but since her return its been pretty consistent. Don't know what happened here but its more than just a small panel where it might have been forgotten.

Who wrote that story? Either they don't understand what the word Queen means, or I've missed a story somewhere. Namora has never ruled Atlantis, or any underwater city, AFAK.

The art is pretty, but yes, forgetting the ankle wings, especially when she is clearly shown flying, is annoying.

Thanks for posting those images. I was going to pick up that issue, if it was 3.99 for the original team ... will have to take a look when I go to the LCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I'm not sure of the difference ... unless it has something to do with the origins of the Atlanteans? There are other Atlantean mutants -- though not many. There's another side of Atlantis that could be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    IMO the mutation was triggered by the formation of his hybrid DNA. Namor should be completely unique and I have never liked the idea of the "family" characters of Namora and Namorita. They're just typical derivative characters like Supergirl, Superboy, or any number of Spider-people and Wolverine-people. I don't like them and never will. It dilutes the strength of the original character.
    They are derivative, but they are a product of their time, and their fictional longevity has made them part of Namor's world. Plus, Namorita appeals to the more youthful audience and had added an interesting dynamic between her and Namor. Namora ... I like her, but I don't have the attachment to her like I do to Namorita. She was gone and not part of Namor's fictional history for much of my reading life.

I have always wondered, however, why they have the exact same "mutation" as Namor. That never rang right to me.

Thank you. And I didn't know Statham had interviewed for the job. He is 5 years older than the Rock so between him and the Rock I honestly would prefer the Rock to play Namor. But I think Roman is a more realistic choice because he is a very young unknown actor, much like Hemsworth was when he was cast as Thor.
    I didn't know that. Statham looks good for his age! LOL!

Well, that interview was over 10 years ago, maybe even 15, back when the Subby movie had attached directors and crew. Statham would have been in his 40s then?

Another image from the StrikeForce game. I think that's supposed to be Giganto behind him.

https://www.newsarama.com/46398-fant...ike-force.html

OMG. BEST image from StrikeForce yet. It is done by Stefanoterry79, who is an associate Game Designer for Marvel Strikeforce.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B03zp-sh...on_share_sheet

Loving all these images with all these game appearance, Not giving Namor a solo comic soon would be such a waste. Though Marvel seems more interested in how Namor's ankle wings taste than giving him a comic. lol

Twitter Link

About that Mutant question, yes I always think of Namor as a prototype mutant, the ideas were there, the explanation of how he got such a unique power, but the terms just came later. I think Nita's explanation of how she had them is much more plausible than Namora's. Nita was genetically engineered and that was brought forth on purpose but at the time Namora didn't have ankle wings. The subject of Namora's wings just kinda came and went depending on the comic she was in. Still we all know that the second or family type characters are usually just a way for Marvel or DC to have claim to male and female versions of the character. I love Namora with Agents of Atlas stuff, but Nita is the one I want to see back in the main comics especially filling the younger sister role to Namor again.

Invaders #8 preview link here!