Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow. Love those Funkos of Namor and the original Human Torch. I will have to be on the lookout for those at Gamestop.

Just wanted to stop by this thread to mention that I finally saw AquaMan on HBO the other night and I was impressed. And I don't even like Aquaman that much. The last time I remembered him being mentioned it was as a joke, like when the lead character in the HBO series Entourage got cast in an Aquaman movle.

In the DC movie, I like that they went full out with the mythos of Atlantis instead of some kind of cop out. The underwater scenes were beautiful. Why can't Marvel Studies get busy on doing a treatment like this of Namor?
    I love the funkos alot! I can't wait for the Doom and Fantastic Four funkos to be available for preorder! I also watched the Aquaman movie last month and after waiting so long to see it bc I was salty that they borrowed stuff from Namor, I have to say that I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. There were some pacing issues imo, and way to many explosions that just happened randomly, but the underwater scenes were BEAUTIFUL and I wish Marvel/Universal would just give Namor the same super star treatment DC gives Aquaman.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Got my funkos today! I'm very happy with them (: Now I just have to wait until Marvel realizes they can take all money for a line of Namor funkos in different outfits XD

Those are awesome! Namor is so ... grumpy! LOL!

I would totally buy every Namor costume change Funko. I can't believe we've had to wait till the 500th Marvel Funko to get him, but he is well worth the wait.

Wow. Love those Funkos of Namor and the original Human Torch. I will have to be on the lookout for those at Gamestop.

Just wanted to stop by this thread to mention that I finally saw AquaMan on HBO the other night and I was impressed. And I don't even like Aquaman that much. The last time I remembered him being mentioned it was as a joke, like when the lead character in the HBO series Entourage got cast in an Aquaman movle.

In the DC movie, I like that they went full out with the mythos of Atlantis instead of some kind of cop out. The underwater scenes were beautiful. Why can't Marvel Studies get busy on doing a treatment like this of Namor?
    That's the 1.150 Billion Dollar question, isn't it? Marvel had the original character and mythos -- who is way more interesting -- and they treat it like dirt, and basically surrendered the whole concept, for decades, but especially in the last decade and a half, to DC. Meanwhile, at DC, Geoff Johns has treated TWO Namor rip offs like they were A-list characters, Aquaman and Black Adam, and over that same time, made them money winners and great sellers. Even when Marvel knew Universal was working on a movie, they certainly didn't do much to support that in the comics. It is beyond my comprehension WHY Marvel has so dropped the ball on this character.

Well, DCU also went full out stealing Namor's stuff. :mad : But I too thought the underwater scenes were amazing. They certainly showed what can be done, instead of the lame excuses Namor fans get from Marvel.

I love the funkos alot! I can't wait for the Doom and Fantastic Four funkos to be available for preorder! I also watched the Aquaman movie last month and after waiting so long to see it bc I was salty that they borrowed stuff from Namor, I have to say that I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. There were some pacing issues imo, and way to many explosions that just happened randomly, but the underwater scenes were BEAUTIFUL and I wish Marvel/Universal would just give Namor the same super star treatment DC gives Aquaman.
    I'd settle for Marvel COMICS giving Namor some star treatment.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Happy for you that you got your Funko's today, Rev! Hope you enjoy them. Will you be taking them out of the box?

Hey I don't know if you all have seen this yet, but I just came across it on twitter. A Namor the Sub-Mariner RPG google doc! It seems to have been made by fans and I haven't read all of it yet, but it looks interesting. But here is a link. MHL3 IMPERIOUS REX RPG

Thanks Phoenix! I'll probably open one Namor for sure, but not sure if I'm gonna open Torch. I'm definitely keeping one Namor in the box, but the other I want to take pics with my other Namors with XD, 5 action figures and the funkos so far, my little Namor figure collection is growing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope to find a Namor soon. I want my tribute to Super Villain Team Up. I usually do that when I buy actions figures and stuff. I already have a couple of versions of a Triumph and Torment tribute with Eaglemoss and Bowen Designs Doom, Dr. Strange and Mephisto. I have a Namor to pair up with Doom also in Bowen Designs, EagleMoss and a Superhero Squad Doom and Namor

I have only one Doom Pop Funko and wish I had bought the Metallic finish Doom also. Mine goes for near $200 on ebay while the Metallic Doom can get as high as $500! If I get Namor I won't open that. I have a hunch he may increase in collector value also.

I hope to find a Namor soon. I want my tribute to Super Villain Team Up. I usually do that when I buy actions figures and stuff. I already have a couple of versions of a Triumph and Torment tribute with Eaglemoss and Bowen Designs Doom, Dr. Strange and Mephisto. I have a Namor to pair up with Doom also in Bowen Designs, EagleMoss and a Superhero Squad Doom and Namor

I have only one Doom Pop Funko and wish I had bought the Metallic finish Doom also. Mine goes for near $200 on ebay while the Metallic Doom can get as high as $500! If I get Namor I won't open that. I have a hunch he may increase in collector value also.
    I've been looking for a good Doom action figure, I really want my fave duo and also I wanted to expand my collection! I tried to buy a Doom Funko but when I saw the price I clicked back so fast, lol, he is really expensive! I can't wait to see what the new one looks like!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There will be a new Doom Marvel Legends figure coming out soon and last year there was a Namor Marvel Legends with a second head that was bearded. I regret not getting that.

There will be a new Doom Marvel Legends figure coming out soon and last year there was a Namor Marvel Legends with a second head that was bearded. I regret not getting that.
    Its one of the better namor figures, and i swooped it up asap. Maybe you can still find some online? I will totally be getting that doom figure! I cant wait until its out, because doom is one of my all time faves, also he is getting a comic this year! What I wouldn't give for another Namor and Doom team up comic, both are so entertaining!

Mighty Member

Its one of the better namor figures, and i swooped it up asap. Maybe you can still find some online?
    I agree and I'm sure you can still find one online. There's still one left at Walmart online.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Bl...hoCp0YQAvD_BwE

Mighty Member

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

F
    O
    R

I
    N
    V
    A
    D
    E
    R
    S

Finally read the latest Invaders. And Zdarski just redeemed Namor of all the killings Jonathan Hickman made Namor an accomplish during his run with this revelation about Namor being mind controlled since somewhere in the John Byrne run. Hopefully we can get a heroic Namor when all the dust settles back to his silver age self. Also one thing good about Namor wearing the serpent crown in this issue is that it hides the Carlo Magno given mullet and he looks more like Namor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I thought this was going to be released on the 80th anniversary, i.e. August 31st, but it appears some stores already have the Funko Namor! So, keep an eye out, your store may have it tomorrow... or maybe at the end of the month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1IK3GPn...on_share_sheet

I think they both look great! And yes, that is a 500 on Namor's box. It's taken 499 Funko Pops for us to get a Namor.
    People are getting their Funkos and mine says the delivery date is still set for mid September. I need those Funkos next to my Marvel Comics #1 and Alex Ross Invaders #1 2019 framed posters.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    People are getting their Funkos and mine says the delivery date is still set for mid September. I need those Funkos next to my Marvel Comics #1 and Alex Ross Invaders #1 2019 framed posters.
    I asked my comic book store owner, and he said Funko didn't really have any kind of order to their releases, so it may be September before gets his, too. I'm going to try and get to the GameStop in town and pick up one, if they have them in stock. I figure I can bring the 'extra' one to work.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

F
    O
    R

I
    N
    V
    A
    D
    E
    R
    S

Finally read the latest Invaders. And Zdarski just redeemed Namor of all the killings Jonathan Hickman made Namor an accomplish during his run with this revelation about Namor being mind controlled since somewhere in the John Byrne run. Hopefully we can get a heroic Namor when all the dust settles back to his silver age self. Also one thing good about Namor wearing the serpent crown in this issue is that it hides the Carlo Magno given mullet and he looks more like Namor.
    If anything comes out of this run, Namor being absolved of all the last ten years of bad writing since AvX would be a great thing. Not that I hated the Hickman run or anything, but I just feel since AvX and the whole Black Panther vs Namor stuff, we've seen a trend where Namor is just used over and over for plot drama even if its ooc for him. Like I said before, Namor and T'challa would be better off as allies. Also I have another theory:

spoilers:
    what if this whole invaders run, Namor being redeemed for his past, and Chip "wiping the slate clean" is a way of setting up Namor for his own solo? When I thought about this, I remembered the Hickman run and how at the end of it, Doctor Doom was "restored" and then set out to be a hero in his Infamous Ironman solo. Chip expressed great interest in writing a Namor solo, he had to adapt his story for Invaders but what if he is still trying to convince the powers that be at Marvel to give him a Namor spin off solo after Invaders? (I'm not sure how long this run will last, I'm hoping for some time but if it ended and we got a solo out of it, I would be ok with that )
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

If anything comes out of this run, Namor being absolved of all the last ten years of bad writing since AvX would be a great thing. Not that I hated the Hickman run or anything, but I just feel since AvX and the whole Black Panther vs Namor stuff, we've seen a trend where Namor is just used over and over for plot drama even if its ooc for him. Like I said before, Namor and T'challa would be better off as allies. Also I have another theory:

spoilers:
    what if this whole invaders run, Namor being redeemed for his past, and Chip "wiping the slate clean" is a way of setting up Namor for his own solo? When I thought about this, I remembered the Hickman run and how at the end of it, Doctor Doom was "restored" and then set out to be a hero in his Infamous Ironman solo. Chip expressed great interest in writing a Namor solo, he had to adapt his story for Invaders but what if he is still trying to convince the powers that be at Marvel to give him a Namor spin off solo after Invaders? (I'm not sure how long this run will last, I'm hoping for some time but if it ended and we got a solo out of it, I would be ok with that )
    end of spoilers
    Wouldn't it be nice if we got an 80 years Marvel Anniversary celebration were we get a Chip Zdarsky/Alex Ross Namor ongoing. With Alex Ross painting the first arc and alternating with Ariel Olivetti to give Ross time for the next story. LOL, one can always dream. I know Namor is a favorite of Alex Ross because he has said it in interviews, even put his face in the character on more than one painting.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well if this invaders run is truly trying to redeem Namor like you speculated, It's gonna take some top tier writing in order for Namor and T'challa being allies seem believable. Attacking a country and killing tons of innocent people isn't something that's easily forgivable. Even he was under the influence of the Phoenix force.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"