Page 115 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I said this before in this thread. But my accusation is that it will eventually be Namor. I wish I could be more optimistic about the company/brand I most enjoy but any good will I had is gone for them.

Currently, only reading Invaders for Marvel after that ends I might be out for good. Depending on what happens next for Namor or Nova. Any hopes for my other favorites, Iron Fist and Black Panther, is pretty much abolished due to poor writing and terrible character directions.
    I wish I could disagree. So many corners of the MU have been a favourite place to visit since I was a little kid, but it mostly just makes me sad now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And for something different… your thoughts?

Marvel’s ‘She-Hulk’ Disney+ Series Is A Blueprint of How To Get Namor In The MCU

The FF and Doom are mentioned as well.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's a interesting article but She-Hulk hasn't even aired yet. How do we know if it will be a solid blueprint for anything?

For pure speculation .... if it's John Byrne She-Hulk it will be a home run, foolish to miss, and could bring hope for a possible Namor show. However, just by appearances its more then likely will be or will become current She-Hulk and I personally would probably get more entertainment out of taking a hammer to my hand. At the very least I would save some money.

Not for nothing...when we got news of the MCU shows coming to the Disney Plus scene I was really excited. However, seeing how things are playing out on social media and in other forums I'm not entirely certain it is something I will give my money to yet. I stopped reading most of the new books from Marvel due to the content and then finding out/seeing the behavior of creators/company, the Disney Plus venture is beginning to look much of the same. *Fingers Crossed To Being Pleasantly Surprised.*
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-24-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The TV series may be a way to get around film rights, but I'd much rather have a film. Namor has a gigantic hurdle to overcome, one is the much stronger cultural presence of Aquaman, both on film and in the minds of the average person, and secondly, climbing out of the pit of unloved, underused Marvel characters. Namor should have always been an A-lister but the powers that be at Marvel seem almost afraid to use him, as if he's incomprehensible to modern readers. He'll face the same issue with a TV series or film. Ultimately I don't care whether it's film or a series, the casting and character portrayal are of paramount importance in bringing Namor to the modern audience. This is a feat I just feel Marvel isn't up to. Marvel is too busy trying to bend over backwards and pander to the agendas of Twitter mobs to really get my confidence up with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The TV series may be a way to get around film rights, but I'd much rather have a film. Namor has a gigantic hurdle to overcome, one is the much stronger cultural presence of Aquaman, both on film and in the minds of the average person, and secondly, climbing out of the pit of unloved, underused Marvel characters. Namor should have always been an A-lister but the powers that be at Marvel seem almost afraid to use him, as if he's incomprehensible to modern readers. He'll face the same issue with a TV series or film. Ultimately I don't care whether it's film or a series, the casting and character portrayal are of paramount importance in bringing Namor to the modern audience. This is a feat I just feel Marvel isn't up to. Marvel is too busy trying to bend over backwards and pander to the agendas of Twitter mobs to really get my confidence up with anything.
    A lot of this is how I feel as well.

However, I now feel/know the reason why Namor has been getting the short end of the stick since AvX and it has more to do with the companies "atmosphere" shift then it has to with the reader. In short all the things that make Namor a great character directly stands against what the "atmosphere" of the new Marvel is about.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    A lot of this is how I feel as well.

However, I now feel/know the reason why Namor has been getting the short end of the stick since AvX and it has more to do with the companies "atmosphere" shift then it has to with the reader. In short all the things that make Namor a great character directly stands against what the "atmosphere" of the new Marvel is about.
    Yes, this problem is nuclear already at Marvel Comics, and increasing in the MCU. Namor's defining qualities stand directly in the face of this atmosphere. They shouldn't, but they do.

Mighty Member

Wow, no Namor announcements in D23, just a bunch of series and characters I really don't care for. Of everything Marvel has announced so far only Love & Thunder, Wanda Vision, the Dr. Strange movie and the Loki series interest me. I'm also a bit curious about the Eternals. Everything else, specially Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel I have the least interest on.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I totally thought of Tiger Shark when I read Wave's origins, I have faith that Greg Pak won't job Namor, he is a good writer and its clear he does have a fondness for the character, I haven't read a Namor I hated with him at the helm. Also his one shot this past year in Marvel Comics Presents was one of the best Namor's I've read in a while. Since he is co writing, if Namor does show up in a cameo I hope it will be good and not used as a way to prop up his own Wave by disrespecting Namor.

As for D23 news, I really hadn't thought Marvel would announce anything, so far I'm just hoping that BP2 won't have any mention of Namor. She Hulk getting a series might mean Marvel worked out a deal with Universal? I would take a Namor tv show if it means we can get a comic solo. Because we all know the sad fact is that these days, Marvel only focuses on characters who have the potential to be movie/tv marketable and unless Marvel begins to see Namor that way then we can't really hope for them giving the character anything good in the comics.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 08-25-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jim Lee revisits a Namor pose after 23 years! I love seeing the difference in his art style. link to his Instagram

Jim Lee, to me, is an artist that never really progressed. His figures still feel stiff and weird all these years later. He was an absolute favourite back in the day. I still love his X-men trading card series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Jim Lee revisits a Namor pose after 23 years! I love seeing the difference in his art style. link to his Instagram

So Jim Lee shows us that Namor likes to practice his stomach vacuum while seating in his throne.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

That's so cool! I love it. That old one from the Heroes Reborn FF was always a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Jim Lee, to me, is an artist that never really progressed. His figures still feel stiff and weird all these years later. He was an absolute favourite back in the day. I still love his X-men trading card series.
    I think you can say that about most of the Image / 90s guys, as far as their drawings stiffness. They were more interested in drawing the characters in "bad-ass" poses than in the graphic story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    So Jim Lee shows us that Namor likes to practice his stomach vacuum while seating in his throne.
    LOL! I"m afraid to ask. It sounds painful. LOL!

I guess some of you will appreciate this then, from Tim Townsend's house ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1olyMsB...on_share_sheet
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And for something different… your thoughts?

Marvel’s ‘She-Hulk’ Disney+ Series Is A Blueprint of How To Get Namor In The MCU

The FF and Doom are mentioned as well.
    To be honest, I'd love to see a well done TV series about Namor over a film. You'd get hours and hours more of him! And plenty of room to expand and explain stuff. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't get the budget to Altantis justice, however.

But hey, if the only way to get Namor on the screen is a TV series, I'm all for it. If only so we can FINALLY get the comics to give the chances and pushes all these other MCU characters are getting.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Target has a Marvel 80th Anniversary display on the end of some of their toy shelves. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the Torch and Namor Funkos, thought it does have some other Funkos on it. But it had a backpack where the material was printed with various classic Marvel covers ... including two of the 1968 Subby books! I found one that actually had been cut in sewn in such a way that these Subby covers were front and center! I didn't get it then, in part because I'm going to a con this weekend and am hoping to find some more wholly Namor stuff there. But I'm definitely returning for it. So, if you are at Target, check out the display if you are looking for a backpack.

It was these two covers.

OH now I definitely have to check out my target when I'm on my work break tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up Rev!