Page 12 of 182 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Perhaps some of it is due to Namor being younger than -- depending on WHEN this takes place, Namor could be 19 - 24.

The action is good, but I found the emotional impact to be even better. And it showcases how much Namor cares about others, and his perseverance. I'm not sure if it is because I've been thinking about DD #7 alot lately, but it sort of reminds me of DD in that issue.

This is a mini-review of sorts from the preview at AV Club. The bolded is exactly what some of us, fans of the speedo, have been saying.

The second bold is something I was wondering about. It IS a tragic few pages. The sort of stuff I can remember in reading in some of the Bronze Age war comics. It's odd how Cap comes off as ... sort of tone deaf to the tragedy.

Needless to say, the pages have me seriously hyped about the book.
    Couldn't agree more. And I noticed about the speedo too when I read this review.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Perhaps some of it is due to Namor being younger than -- depending on WHEN this takes place, Namor could be 19 - 24.

The action is good, but I found the emotional impact to be even better. And it showcases how much Namor cares about others, and his perseverance. I'm not sure if it is because I've been thinking about DD #7 alot lately, but it sort of reminds me of DD in that issue.

This is a mini-review of sorts from the preview at AV Club. The bolded is exactly what some of us, fans of the speedo, have been saying.

The second bold is something I was wondering about. It IS a tragic few pages. The sort of stuff I can remember in reading in some of the Bronze Age war comics. It's odd how Cap comes off as ... sort of tone deaf to the tragedy.

Needless to say, the pages have me seriously hyped about the book.
    A lot of people tend to foget that Namor IS a teenager/young man during the war and I couldn't agree more with the whole speedo thing, it shows something more when he is in one and it should be brought back asap. I am more than hyped for this to come out!

I feel a lot of people who write steve tend to gloss over how he must have killed people in war? I feel maybe he was just trying to to get Namor's spirits up?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

FINALLY Greg Pak mentions his story on Twitter. Maybe he was waiting for the preview ... but it is waaaay past pre-order date, and that's so important to a book's success nowadays. Regardless, I love what he did say. MAGNETO TESTAMENT is a classic. And of course, the bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pak
    Loved writing Namor for this story. Would love an extended run with him some day. If you like angry-Namor-who's-sick-of-the-lung-men-and-their-murderous-ways, you'll like this story. If you liked MAGNETO TESTAMENT and RED SKULL INCARNATE, you'll like this story.
    https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1083931600549826560
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A lot of people tend to foget that Namor IS a teenager/young man during the war and I couldn't agree more with the whole speedo thing, it shows something more when he is in one and it should be brought back asap. I am more than hyped for this to come out!

I feel a lot of people who write steve tend to gloss over how he must have killed people in war? I feel maybe he was just trying to to get Namor's spirits up?
    People forget that MOST the men fighting in WWII were teenagers or in their early 20s. Very young men in the worst of situations doing their best.

Preaching to the Speedo Choir! I agree 100%

Yes. Especially when they write Cap as Ideal. I don't know if Cap was trying to do that, or if he just didn't realize what happened. And there could be more on the next page that we don't see yet. But it feels like the tragic irony of a pyrrhic victory, at least for Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

FINALLY Greg Pak mentions his story on Twitter. Maybe he was waiting for the preview ... but it is waaaay past pre-order date, and that's so important to a book's success nowadays. Regardless, I love what he did say. MAGNETO TESTAMENT is a classic. And of course, the bolded.

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1083931600549826560
    Thanks for the link! I just fangirled in his comments and if he ever writes a Namor book my heart will stop. His writing is the best for Namor!

People forget that MOST the men fighting in WWII were teenagers or in their early 20s. Very young men in the worst of situations doing their best.

Preaching to the Speedo Choir! I agree 100%

Yes. Especially when they write Cap as Ideal. I don't know if Cap was trying to do that, or if he just didn't realize what happened. And there could be more on the next page that we don't see yet. But it feels like the tragic irony of a pyrrhic victory, at least for Namor.
    It's very true and yeah we have to wait to see how Chip writes Steve.

I just can't wait, a few more days now and we get it. I saw Zdarsky say in one of his comments to a fan (I was reading them earlier today) that so far this book 'is an ongoing and he would love it to last' (I'm paraphrasing here but I am glad this so far isn't a limited series)

Thanks for the link! I just fangirled in his comments and if he ever writes a Namor book my heart will stop. His writing is the best for Namor!
    He's written some interesting and fun stuff with Namor. That What If story was very good. The Herc stuff was hilarious. He's done well with mini-series -- but I'm not sure how his longer term stuff has gone. Actually, I'm wondering if Marvel even does longer runs anymore. But it is always nice to a pro expressing an interest.

It's very true and yeah we have to wait to see how Chip writes Steve.

I just can't wait, a few more days now and we get it. I saw Zdarsky say in one of his comments to a fan (I was reading them earlier today) that so far this book 'is an ongoing and he would love it to last' (I'm paraphrasing here but I am glad this so far isn't a limited series)
    Didn't Zdarsky say something about Cap and Namor being his favorite characters? I hope that means he doesn't go for Holier Than Thou Cap -- and actually, I think, from what he's said earlier, I think it will be more about the Invaders trying to 'save' Namor.

I hope so too. It all depends on sales.

I make icons randomly and I have some saved that I wanted to share. If anyone ever needs an icon or edit just let me know and I can do my best. These are all 250x250:

namor icon water.jpg

namor icon water 2.jpg

namorthrone8.jpg

namorthrone9.jpg

namorthrone5.jpg

namorthrone2.jpg

a few more of him on his throne

Oooh! Thank you! Those are gorgeous. I love the cover that middle one came from.

Reminds me. I have got to fix mine. Been meaning to do so since New Years, but I've been busy with other Namor things. It's supposed be a gif, but it obviously is full of FAIL. ;p

He's written some interesting and fun stuff with Namor. That What If story was very good. The Herc stuff was hilarious. He's done well with mini-series -- but I'm not sure how his longer term stuff has gone. Actually, I'm wondering if Marvel even does longer runs anymore. But it is always nice to a pro expressing an interest.

Didn't Zdarsky say something about Cap and Namor being his favorite characters? I hope that means he doesn't go for Holier Than Thou Cap -- and actually, I think, from what he's said earlier, I think it will be more about the Invaders trying to 'save' Namor.

I hope so too. It all depends on sales.
    Marvel has been soft rebooting almost every year, and it feels like only the lucky ones get longer runs, everyone else is stuck with one year MAYBE and it all depends on sales and popularity and also I feel, if Marvel can somehow use that in the future for the mcu. I wish we could get a 5 or more year series for Namor, just to explore his world more. I hope Chip's writing is good enough for Invaders to continue and maybe we could generate enough interest for Namor to have a solo spin out of that. I am doing my best by trying to interact more with twitter creators, at least dropping a comment here and there and also I did send in a letter and a friend said she would too. So let's see if 2019 is the start of a new age for sub-mariner comics.

Oooh! Thank you! Those are gorgeous. I love the cover that middle one came from.

Reminds me. I have got to fix mine. Been meaning to do so since New Years, but I've been busy with other Namor things. It's supposed be a gif, but it obviously is full of FAIL. ;p
    LOL. I love that cover a LOT and it's SO great to see it finally colored.

Joe did that sketch for a friend on tumblr but I don't know how far back he did it but it's good to see it finally being used. (edit: it was three years ago that he posted that. I just checked.)

joe quesada sketch namor.jpg

http://joequesada.tumblr.com/post/11...uld-share-with
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-12-2019 at 12:10 AM.

LOL. I love that cover a LOT and it's SO great to see it finally colored.

Joe did that sketch for a friend on tumblr but I don't know how far back he did it but it's good to see it finally being used. (edit: it was three years ago that he posted that. I just checked.)

joe quesada sketch namor.jpg

http://joequesada.tumblr.com/post/11...uld-share-with

I remember that, now that you posted it. It really shows you how much the inker adds, though. Nowlan's inks really make a difference. But even the un-inked Quesada piece is much better than the last Namor he drew. It was a variant for Namor the First Mutant ... and I think it ended up on the little action figure.

Marvel has been soft rebooting almost every year, and it feels like only the lucky ones get longer runs, everyone else is stuck with one year MAYBE and it all depends on sales and popularity and also I feel, if Marvel can somehow use that in the future for the mcu. I wish we could get a 5 or more year series for Namor, just to explore his world more. I hope Chip's writing is good enough for Invaders to continue and maybe we could generate enough interest for Namor to have a solo spin out of that. I am doing my best by trying to interact more with twitter creators, at least dropping a comment here and there and also I did send in a letter and a friend said she would too. So let's see if 2019 is the start of a new age for sub-mariner comics.
    Bolded is so true. You can tell which ones the editors are pushing or if there's a TV/Movie coming.

At this point, I'll be happy with a year, especially if it is good. They really need to do a Namor solo, though. It's been almost a decade.

Good on you! I am going to try to get on Twitter this weekend. And I'm definitely sending in a letter ... or ten. LOL! Those previews are very inspiring.

by Kenzie Parrish

Found this on twitter. I had to smile at the first name, so close to MacKenzie.

It reminds me of those panels where Namor goes to visit Princess Fen's tomb.