Page 120 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have to agree with IW, Thor-El. The Namor stuff is cool, but wow! Those cosplay pics are fabulous!

LOL! That figures. Namor comes out of the box with attitude. Just like Angry Namor Baby.

Thanks! Love angry baby Namor!

Mighty Member

Remembering that time Captain Barracuda bombed the royal chamber toppling a giant Atlantean column on top of Namor's torso and stole the Horn of Proteus in Fantastic Four 219. Great artwork from that period were Bill Sienkiewicz was a Neal Adams clone. Always fun to see assassination attempts on Namor fail due to his super strength.

Last edited by Thor-El; 09-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always liked Marrina with Namor. I was saddened and shocked when they decided to turn her into Leviathan and then kill her!
    Yes, I thought, that Avengers tenure Roger Stern wrote for Namor did a lot of good things. For awhile we saw Namor in superhero bliss: in a stable relationship happily married, as a full fledged hero as part of the Avengers. Very sad that it didn't last longer.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just posted the Invaders preview in the Invaders chat!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Yes, I thought, that Avengers tenure Roger Stern wrote for Namor did a lot of good things. For awhile we saw Namor in superhero bliss: in a stable relationship happily married, as a full fledged hero as part of the Avengers. Very sad that it didn't last longer.
    Agreed. Although there were a few frustrating downturns during this period as well: such as divided public opinion on his Avengers membership, along with being served a summons and sued for property damage.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-06-2019 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Thanks! Love angry baby Namor!
    Also.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Just posted the Invaders preview in the Invaders chat!
    OMG. I'd forgotten that would be up this Friday. Off to see!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Remembering that time Captain Barracuda bombed the royal chamber toppling a giant Atlantean column on top of Namor's torso and stole the Horn of Proteus in Fantastic Four 219. Great artwork from that period were Bill Sienkiewicz was a Neal Adams clone. Always fun to see assassination attempts on Namor fail due to his super strength.

Wow. That looks nothing like Bill Sienkiewicz.

Not so sure about Atlantis getting attacked by Barracuda, of all characters, but I LOVE that expression on Namor's face when he wakes up! And his legs sticking out from under that pillar! LOL! Fun panels, Thor-El!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Also.

Look at that! Even as a toddler, Namor had a the flat top!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Alpha Flight: True North had a Marrina and Judd story! I don't want to give spoilers but its basically them walking on a beach and Judd tells her some of his history that ties into hers, there is one mention of: "the imperious seas breed monsters", and later marrina mentioned the plodex and that she died a couple of times but no Namor or anything more than that. I honestly liked the story is was small and contained but very well written for them.

Attachment 86638
    Thanks for posting that. I may pick it up when I go by next week for my copy of Invaders.

I always liked Marrina with Namor. I was saddened and shocked when they decided to turn her into Leviathan and then kill her!
    I always thought Marrina was atypical for one of Namor's ladies. But I certainly didn't want to see her killed off. O_O

I did enjoy Roger Stern's Avengers run, and his Namor and Herc are classic!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Although there were a few frustrating downturns during this period as well: such as divided public opinion on his Avengers membership, along with being served a summons and sued for property damage.
    I liked that issue where there was divided public opinion on Namor's membership on the Avengers. It was cool to see veterans supporting him.

Thanks for posting that. I may pick it up when I go by next week for my copy of Invaders.

I always thought Marrina was atypical for one of Namor's ladies. But I certainly didn't want to see her killed off. O_O

I did enjoy Roger Stern's Avengers run, and his Namor and Herc are classic!

We're definitely on the same page. Stern's run on the Avengers was most enjoyable.

I liked that issue where there was divided public opinion on Namor's membership on the Avengers. It was cool to see veterans supporting him.
    To the utmost, I agree. Namor even got a chance to rescue two men from a falling helicopter.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 07:08 AM.

I have to agree with IW, Thor-El. The Namor stuff is cool, but wow! Those cosplay pics are fabulous!

LOL! That figures. Namor comes out of the box with attitude. Just like Angry Namor Baby.

This sort of looks like baby Kallark (Gladiator)!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    We're definitely on the same page. Stern's run on the Avengers was most enjoyable.

To the utmost, I agree. Namor even got a chance to rescue two men from a falling helicopter.
    Yep, Stern did a great job on Avengers, and not just Namor. Avengers Under Siege remains one of my favorite stories.

This sort of looks like baby Kallark (Gladiator)!
    LOL! It's the coloring ... but Gladiator does share some traits with Namor. hmmmm

Did anyone pick up the Timely's Greatest Bill Everett Namor omnibus? I believe it came out last Wednesday. I'm ordering mine today from InStockTrades, for half off. Now I just have to decide which cover to go with.

"Daredevil" comic writer @zdarsky will be answering YOUR questions for a new episode of "Ask Marvel"! Tweet your important (and fun!) questions with the hashtag #AskMarvel and stay tuned to see if he answers them.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1171091126037766147

It doesn't exactly say that the question HAS to be about Daredevil. Someone needs to ask if Invaders is supposed to take place BEFORE War of Realms or what?

I HAVE to get on Twitter.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.