Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2721

By the way, anyone know when Sinister became a mutant? From what I remember he was a victorian age human who was transformed by Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    By the way, anyone know when Sinister became a mutant? From what I remember he was a victorian age human who was transformed by Apocalypse.
    He used Proudstars' DNA to make his mutant clone, so it must have happens sometime around the new Xmens recruitment.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I can't remember which issue of PoX or HoX it is, but Magneto is seen sitting on that same throne with the octopus head and clamshell backrest.
    Really? Hmmm. I need to catch up on those books before the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, I'm still not quite on boar about him saying lines like ""they will never accept you or love you -- not because you don't deserve it -- but because they envy you." in spite of the mudslinging the humans have done.
    Hickman writes Namor as far more arrogant and ...pragmatic than I'm used to. But given his experiences with the surface world, I could see him saying that.

I haven't followed Sinister closely, but I think his origin has changed a few times over the decades.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He used Proudstars' DNA to make his mutant clone, so it must have happens sometime around the new Xmens recruitment.
    I'm surprised he didn't used the Summers or Grey DNA ... or hasn't he done things with Gambit, too?

I enjoyed the story set in WWII where he tried to clone Namor and tangled with the Invaders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hickman writes Namor as far more arrogant and ...pragmatic than I'm used to. But given his experiences with the surface world, I could see him saying that.
    And quite a contrast to how Roger Stern wrote him in 1985. Despite his background, Namor still felt so... human:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And quite a contrast to how Roger Stern wrote him in 1985. Despite his background, Namor still felt so... human:
    While one of my favorites issues, and more in line with how I see Namor, that was a while ago, and probably, outside of the horrible time Lady Dorma and his father died and The Hobo Era, probably one of the lowest of times for Namor. He'd lost his kingdom, in part, due to his own flaws. But even so, on this page (and many others), he understands, he will NOT be accepted by the surface world.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I have to agree -- but Hickman usually gives Namor some great lines and dialogue.

At one time, when he was writing New Avengers, he said Namor was one of his favorite characters.

I'm still torn about Namor on the X-Men though. Especially given the events of the Invaders. But it would be great exposure and it would give Hickman a chance to finish up / fix what he did to Namor in the New Avengers story.

I'm curious about that last line, though.

Thanks for the scans, IW! Reminds me of the scene you recently posted with Namor and Shaw and the eyebrow line. LOL!

Hickman also had him his FF run. He really had to at least mention Namor, given he is the first mutant. And some great art of that throne!
    You're welcome! The last page was by itself, I cut it a bit since it was mostly white space but there is this whole alphabet/language now for the xmen that i still have to figure out but maybe that symbol means its namors symbol? i dont know but i have to catch up later. lol, I love that issue because Namor is so great there and that eyebrow joke was funny. Hey maybe now that emma and namor are on a team together we get to see them interact again. i always loved their dynamic.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    You're welcome! The last page was by itself, I cut it a bit since it was mostly white space but there is this whole alphabet/language now for the xmen that i still have to figure out but maybe that symbol means its namors symbol? i dont know but i have to catch up later. lol, I love that issue because Namor is so great there and that eyebrow joke was funny. Hey maybe now that emma and namor are on a team together we get to see them interact again. i always loved their dynamic.
    Are Namor and Emma on the same team? Did she tell Professor X to take a hike?

I am wondering about that Marauders book with her, that has the X-Men on the oceans??? Like Namor's oceans? How does he NOT have a role in that book?

The center symbol is an N. I'm not sure what the brackets on each side mean? Maybe they are like a cartouche, setting off a name?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...anguage-guide/

Are Namor and Emma on the same team? Did she tell Professor X to take a hike?

I am wondering about that Marauders book with her, that has the X-Men on the oceans??? Like Namor's oceans? How does he NOT have a role in that book?

The center symbol is an N. I'm not sure what the brackets on each side mean? Maybe they are like a cartouche, setting off a name?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...anguage-guide/
    Eariler in the comic spoilers:
    Xavier and Magneto go to Emma to convince her to join their Council of 12, they tell her they need her to release Shaw and bring him back as the king of the hellfire club because they want to use him as the face of the hellfire club pushing their drugs and they want Emma to run the operation because the Hellfire club has a long reach. They tell Emma she will have two seats on the council but she counters (not happy about bringing back shaw) and says she needs three seats) I beleive the third seat is for Namor, since Emma has a history of going to Namor for help when she is on a team she doesn't trust
    end of spoilers

Eariler in the comic spoilers:
    Xavier and Magneto go to Emma to convince her to join their Council of 12, they tell her they need her to release Shaw and bring him back as the king of the hellfire club because they want to use him as the face of the hellfire club pushing their drugs and they want Emma to run the operation because the Hellfire club has a long reach. They tell Emma she will have two seats on the council but she counters (not happy about bringing back shaw) and says she needs three seats) I beleive the third seat is for Namor, since Emma has a history of going to Namor for help when she is on a team she doesn't trust
    end of spoilers
    Hmmmm. I don't know. Namor doesn't want to work with Shaw, and Emma's already tricked him once on that -- though I didn't think that was done right. Namor should be resistant to telepathy. Yet another dangling plotline that was never resolved.

Though, I'm all for Namor and Emma on a book together. They would snark at everyone.

Hmmmm. I don't know. Namor doesn't want to work with Shaw, and Emma's already tricked him once on that -- though I didn't think that was done right. Namor should be resistant to telepathy. Yet another dangling plotline that was never resolved.

Though, I'm all for Namor and Emma on a book together. They would snark at everyone.
    I agree, but also I think this might be Hickman's way of setting up a Shaw vs Namor plot?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

While one of my favorites issues, and more in line with how I see Namor, that was a while ago, and probably, outside of the horrible time Lady Dorma and his father died and The Hobo Era, probably one of the lowest of times for Namor. He'd lost his kingdom, in part, due to his own flaws. But even so, on this page (and many others), he understands, he will NOT be accepted by the surface world.
    Maybe, but assuming many writers won't never shift the development and complexities of the world more in favor of viewing Namor with more acceptance for his noble deeds in spite of his past transgressions, it still feels nice when I see Namor written in what I feel is in a more human manner, further emphasized by him being melancholic after losing everything, but being cheered up by the friends he still does have in an act of kind friendship. Such friendships may not be big as the world's acceptance, but if you ask me, I'd rather let hope and the desire to be productive be the main guide for one's life than hopelessness and cynicism, even if only accomplishing the smallest of differences. Maybe feelings like that may be reflected in Namor's writing in the near future, maybe they won't, but either way, I hope to never lose sight of the impactful hero Namor has the potential and capability to be, as with superheroes in general I suppose, and not just for Atlantis either.

I agree, but also I think this might be Hickman's way of setting up a Shaw vs Namor plot?
    You mean, for Duggan? I think he's the guy writing Marauders. I haven't seen anything hinting at that in the first 4 issues of covers / solicits.

You know what we need? A big 80 page, 80th Anniversary issue for Namor with nothing but unresolved and dangling plotlines being resolved. They could have a page for each plotline with 80 different artists. And it could be nothing but punching the heck out of his opponent and yelling Imperius Rex!

No, no, wait. Some of the pages would have to deal with the dangling plotlines of unresolved romances. But Namor could still be yelling Imperius Rex! ;p

I'd totally buy the heck out of that book. MULTIPLE copies.

X-Men SPOILERS

IW, you cropped out the important part of this page! At the bottom it says:

PRINCE OF ALL

IW, you cropped out the important part of this page! At the bottom it says:

PRINCE OF ALL
    XDDD my mistake for reading too fast, sorry!!! (I'm at work so I try to sneak in my comic reading to know what happens then later reread it when I get home)