Page 15 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Well. Looks like Marvel just gave Namor a pretty insane high-end feat.
    Where? Please say Invaders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Does anyone know what became of Sybil, the girl Rom left in Atlantis who became their oracle, and Tamara Rahn, the red skinned alien? Seems like they might come in handy right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I LOVED the story about the girl who could see the future and became a water dweller. I've mentioned her before myself. Of course with the many times Atlantis has been decimated since that mid '80s story, she could be easily gone.
    I'm not sure about Sybil. I don't think I've seen anything with her after that. But, I always got the feeling that ROM was sort of out of continuity for some reason. Probably because Marvel lost the rights to ROM. But then again ... I think they used the Dire-Wraths in some cosmic stuff in the last five years or so?

Tamara Rahn is criminally NOT being used at all. I think the last time I saw her, she was still unhappy with Namor, but she was helping out with that terrorist group, Atlantique? It was back in the Thunderbolts revival. I'll have to double check.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

No new images or spoilers, but Adventures in Poor Taste has a great review up on Invaders. They gave it a TEN!!!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...old-beginning/

Lots of praise, but this paragraph made this Namor fan very happy.

Namor very much takes center stage in this saga, as the entire narrative is built around and driven by him. He has a new vision, one to utterly reframe the world and here he begins to set in motion the foundations to accomplish his goals. Meanwhile, the other Invaders contemplate their stance on him and what to do with him, considering their old friendship. Memories and War are key themes the book establishes early on, which is fitting considering its nature as a title with great history and legacy. It directly tackles those notions at the heart of the Invaders title and concept while digging into the leads. Zdarsky, who’s written a defining run on Peter Parker, is once again showcasing his incredible range with the title. Many often simply assume he is only a comedic writer, but Zdarsky is a creator bound by no such labels and Invaders is a mighty mission statement that rings with the potency of a Mark Gruenwald comic. Carrying similar weight and gravitas, the book sets up and begins to explore ideas of memory and how it truly makes us who we are and what place forgetting has in things. Beyond that, it also reminds us to truly take stock of our history, both good and bad so that we may learn from it and move forward. This plays out across our various leads in differing ways, as what one learns can drastically differ from person to person.
    I can't wait to see what Namor's plan / secret is. Plus, the theme of memory and forgetting is an especially perfect one for Namor, with his amnesia problems. There's only been one book that touched on his days as a hobo and you know that's got have made an impression on him, but you rarely see him talk about it.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Where? Please say Invaders.
    MCP. spoilers:
    He survives Nagaski at ground zero.
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...saki-spoilers/
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Tomorrow is going to be heaven.

AIPT also has an early review of Marvel Comics Presents 1 -- not as in depth as the Invaders review, which is by a different author, but it gives the book a 8.5. Again, no new images, but a tiny bit more info about the "Good Guy At Heart."

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ents-1-review/

The pertinent part for this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by David Brooke@AIPT
    The second story by Pak and artist Tomm Coker focuses on Namor and how he was used during WWII. Used by the Americans in 1945, to be more precise. He’s sick of the war and how it is influencing Atlantis. It jives well with the original story of Namor (which is collected this week in Decades: Marvel in the 40s) and shows how he’s a good guy at heart, but is certainly a pawn of sorts. It’s a good story, with an impressive giant Nazi monster rendered by Coker (with colors by Michael Garland) and the overall story has a darker tone that suits the war-time events.
    I love how the question above Namor's page -- "Fine, you have my attention. What’s good about it?" -- makes it look like Namor is the answer to his question. ;p

Also, the caption for Namor's page.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    MCP. spoilers:
    He survives Nagaski at ground zero.
    end of spoilers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...saki-spoilers/
    O_o

Well, that IS impressive. spoilers:
    I guess Wolverine was across the bay.
    end of spoilers

We know the Atlanteans are supposed not effected (unless it is some virus like in Thunderbolts), but there's far more to it than that.

Oh wait. There's plenty of spoilers in that link. Wow.

Boy, it's a busy day, today.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...cs-for-1-each/

Bleeding Cool also reports that there will be a release of True Believer Avengers comics -- the reprints for a buck -- that allegedly have something to do with the new Avengers Endgame movie. And guess what one of them is?

Man, even more news!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-men-spoilers/

Bleeding Cool SPOILS one of the Namor bits here, with a big change / rewrite of Namor's history. They also claim he has new powers. I don't know. They may have given the Sacred Trident more powers. I know that Pak and Van Lente had Namor using a trident that had actual powers that were similar. But I think that one was one that Poseidon was currently using.

As for the rewrite ... I've long contended that there was no way Namor could have been an amnesiac from 1958 to sliding timeline of 13 years ago. Makes. Absolutely. No. Sense.

Neither does the rewrite if I'm reading that right... spoilers:
    Is Professor X to blame for the amnesia!?! What was he doing there?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

In light of the Marvel Comics Presents story I wanted to ask what was the explanation given for what happened to Namor after the war? I know he shows up in Fantastic Four #4 at the beginning of the marvel universe but how did he get his amnesia the first time? I know that something happened to Atlantis, a bomb or something destroyed it.

Edit: wait i forgot about Destiny.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-15-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Happy new year to all Atlanteans!

Just a few words about tomorrow's issues... The story in Marvel Presents is short but interesting. And I love Coker's art (Black Monday Murders...). I decided to trade wait for the Invaders book, but the art is fine and it seems that there's a lot going on in this story... I'm just waiting for you all to tell me more....
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I don't think I mind a history recon during Namor's amnesia days but the added super powers? Guess we have to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully, it will add more depth to the character instead of it being unnecessary additive.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't think I mind a history recon during Namor's amnesia days but the added super powers? Guess we have to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully, it will add more depth to the character instead of it being unnecessary additive.
    Are we talking about the spoilers:
    radiation immunity
    end of spoilers or the spoilers:
    hydrokinesis
    end of spoilers? Because the first isn't an addition, but the second, if he's doing it by himself, yes, is additive. I'm not all that fond of the second, as it smacks of other DC characters, but I wouldn't neccesarily be against it if it was a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Happy new year to all Atlanteans!

Just a few words about tomorrow's issues... The story in Marvel Presents is short but interesting. And I love Coker's art (Black Monday Murders...). I decided to trade wait for the Invaders book, but the art is fine and it seems that there's a lot going on in this story... I'm just waiting for you all to tell me more....
    Happy New Year, Abe! I think of you when I watch the news from Paris. Hope everything is okay with you.

I'm glad you liked the MCP story. What I've seen looks gorgeous!

Oh, we'll keep you apprised of the Invaders. I think it is going to very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    In light of the Marvel Comics Presents story I wanted to ask what was the explanation given for what happened to Namor after the war? I know he shows up in Fantastic Four #4 at the beginning of the marvel universe but how did he get his amnesia the first time? I know that something happened to Atlantis, a bomb or something destroyed it.

Edit: wait i forgot about Destiny.
    I was thinking about all afternoon. You know what would be great? If they said Namor went back to Atlantis and has been doing undersea political or fabulous exploring adventures all those years! What would be even more amazing, is if they gave us a retro book set in that between period! We'd get both Betty Dean AND Lady Dorma -- the originals -- back! They could build all the glorious undersea cities and countries and how they interact.