Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, I don't know when was the last time I bought a physical comic. Probably more than 4 years ago since I have 3 big bookcases filled with back issues and more stacked in my closet. So it has been digital for a long time for me. I really don't want to occupy more real estate with comics but this Invaders book was something special. So I went to pickup my Alex Ross Invaders #1 cover today at my LCS and looked at that Invaders #1, took a glance at the inside pages and decided to have it. I'm glad I did, the work inside is real special, excellent story and excellent handling of our dear Namor. Really looking forward to the second issue. I'll probably get it digital too when Comixology has it on sale.
    Doesn't it come with a free digital code? Or do you not want to remove the sticker? Or have they stopped doing that? I can't keep up with Marvel's marketing anymore.

And yes, I thought it was very special too. Well worth having in multiple editions.

I LOVE my poster also!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Doesn't it come with a free digital code? Or do you not want to remove the sticker? Or have they stopped doing that? I can't keep up with Marvel's marketing anymore.

And yes, I thought it was very special too. Well worth having in multiple editions.

I LOVE my poster also!
    Glad you got the poster too!! I gotta buy a frame to hang it in my walls which is starting to look like an Alex Ross museum. Even though I'm running out of space to hang more I'm still hoping Alex Ross makes more Invaders covers. I already left a couple messages on his instagram requesting it.

About the digital code, I don't see anything in my comic. Marvel's page says: "WHAT TITLES INCLUDE A DIGITAL CODE? To check if a title has a Digital copy included check for the “Bonus Digital Copy Included” sticker on the front of the title." But nothing in my comic.

Hmm, I can see it now too, don't know what happened yesterday, maybe a glitch?! :P
    Could be. Or maybe a browser thing. And when I'm logged out I can't see some things or it looks different. Regardless, I'm glad they are showing up, because they are great fun!

From that awesome 60s Namor cartoon: To Destroy a Tyrant--A time displaced Namor refuses to kill a defeated gladiator in Nero's arena in ancient Rome. Nero orders Namor to be chained and taken to be sacrificed to the fire demon.

Namor in chains. It's a thing. I'm sure he doesn't ... wait, is the fire demon Torch?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Could be. Or maybe a browser thing. And when I'm logged out I can't see some things or it looks different. Regardless, I'm glad they are showing up, because they are great fun!

Namor in chains. It's a thing. I'm sure he doesn't ... wait, is the fire demon Torch?
    LOL. I wish the fire demon was Torch but no, it looks like a human size Surtur.

Mighty Member

Now I wish I had gotten the Alex Ross variant cover, that regular cover I got with Namor in the horrendous current getup really detracts from an otherwise almost perfect comic.

Glad you got the poster too!! I gotta buy a frame to hang it in my walls which is starting to look like an Alex Ross museum. Even though I'm running out of space to hang more I'm still hoping Alex Ross makes more Invaders covers. I already left a couple messages on his instagram requesting it.

About the digital code, I don't see anything in my comic. Marvel's page says: "WHAT TITLES INCLUDE A DIGITAL CODE? To check if a title has a Digital copy included check for the “Bonus Digital Copy Included” sticker on the front of the title." But nothing in my comic.
    I see no downside to looking like an Alex Ross museum.

I wish more of his Avengers / Invaders covers were made posters.

Aaaah. That's annoying. It used to be all the books had a digital code -- once they made all the books 3.99. I'll double check mine and let you know.

LOL. I wish the fire demon was Torch but no, it looks like a human size Surtur.
    That would have been awesome if it was a Torch ... with amnesia!

Now I wish I had gotten the Alex Ross variant cover, that regular cover I got with Namor in the horrendous current getup really detracts from an otherwise almost perfect comic.
    LOL! Though, I have to agree with you on that. As much as I love Guice's art inside, his 'modern' Namor on the cover is ... not as good. I'll have to check and see if any of the variants were regular price or close to.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHH. Magno's art is breathtaking! I am more in favor of how Guice depicts Namor, but Magno's background and buildings and everything is so beautiful! I even tweeted about it telling people just to get the book for that alone.

I was so confused tbh with how much Namor kept calling Machan his friend and I'm like, since when does Namor make friends easily? Seriously we fans were in a drought and Chip made it rain.
    That city! Yes! I was like, this is a hidden outpost of raiders??? Wow. What must he think Atlantis looks like. I adore the richness of his sea scapes.

I love that building that sort of looks like a Fabrege egg one way, but when you look at another, it looks like an octopus body / head that's banded.

Machan just creeped me out from the beginning. All that hand holding and how Namor acted like he was such a good friend. Weird.

Chip Z the Rain Maker. ;p

So, now we know why this arc is called "War Ghost." Now my question is ... is Namor mad? Or is the ghost something else wearing a face? Cause, there's still the weirdness going on with Namor and his powers and his eyes, etc.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So, now we know why this arc is called "War Ghost." Now my question is ... is Namor mad? Or is the ghost something else wearing a face? Cause, there's still the weirdness going on with Namor and his powers and his eyes, etc.
    My theory is that Machan must be some kind of entity bent on using Namor to get what they want, they are playing mind tricks on him and getting him to rally an army, they need something, also I would say that Charles Xavier must be involved somehow because he was shown in the picture and he is one of the strongest telepaths out there. I lean more towards evil entity manipulating Namor and giving him a power boost or access to more power somehow. It is obviously using old memories like Tommy's face to present an image to Namor that he can trust.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    My theory is that Machan must be some kind of entity bent on using Namor to get what they want, they are playing mind tricks on him and getting him to rally an army, they need something, also I would say that Charles Xavier must be involved somehow because he was shown in the picture and he is one of the strongest telepaths out there. I lean more towards evil entity manipulating Namor and giving him a power boost or access to more power somehow. It is obviously using old memories like Tommy's face to present an image to Namor that he can trust.
    Yes, the sea has secrets... and one of them is what's using Machan! There's definitely alot more than we've been given going on. And that isn't even getting to Xavier. I'm wondering how much co-ordination there is between Zdarsky and Aaron?

sigh.

WHY are people bothering me while I'm having a fannish celebration???

I'll be back. Have to deal with more RL.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Invaders was great this week but, to be honest, I think the Namor Marvel Comics Presents story was even better. That story packed a hell of a punch.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yes, the sea has secrets... and one of them is what's using Machan! There's definitely alot more than we've been given going on. And that isn't even getting to Xavier. I'm wondering how much co-ordination there is between Zdarsky and Aaron?

sigh.

WHY are people bothering me while I'm having a fannish celebration???

I'll be back. Have to deal with more RL.
    Now I am not totally caught up with x-men, I am using my money for Invaders LOL. But wasn't Xavier still dead? Is he still? Do you think that this could lead to Prof. X returning?! I KNOW he had something to do with Namor's memories. Namor meets Xavier for the first time when Magneto tries recruit him in Uncanny x-men #6.

The thing that gets me is that Namor is trying to raise a massive army force, BUT how much of that is HIM and how much of that is someone using him to get what they want? Is someone using Namor (who has a history of mental health issues and trying to invade the surface world) to raise an army for them and destroy humanity? It would make sense to cover their actions by using Namor and everyone would go 'oh it's that crazy namor trying to invade the surface world again' .

I really hope Aaron and Zdarsky are doing their own things, and I really would enjoy it more for Namor to stop being in Avengers.

(it's ok come back when you can! lots of things to think about!)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Invaders #1 does have a digital code. It's on the page opposite the burial page. It's under a Guardians of the Galaxy ad with Thanos head on it.

I stopped into a second comic book store while I was out and picked up almost all the Invaders variants except the two expensive ones, the Mico Suyan and the black and white Quesada one -- and the Alex Ross one! They were sold out. But I have the poster, so it's all cool.

I also picked up the second printing of Namor the Best Defense. Didn't need it, but I couldn't resist Silver Surfer Namor. LOL!