Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OH so glad to be here at the beginning this time! I can't wait for the great posts!
    Well, now, I'm only attempting posts, not greatness. ;p

But I'm thinking this Page A Day calendar will be inspiring as far as the posting. I feel every day I turn without Namor will only make me preserve more.

I love this art a lot and Everett's Namor is the best! I really hope Marvel does something for Everett and of course Namor for the 80th! I'm hoping we get an anniversary solo comic or *fingers crossed* a Namor ongoing solo comic! (Please Marvel give him something that lasts a few years!)
    I'm hoping for a solo. With plenty of support, i.e. talent and publicity. I really don't understand why they haven't given him more chances. It's been almost TEN years since the last one.

And yes, Everett's Namor is amazing, but that piece he did for his son shows alot of love. It is gorgeous.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really do wish they’d push Namor as much as they do other characters. There’s so much potential in an underwater kingdom. So much of our world is unexplored, and the mythology that writers could play with is near limitless.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hi everyone.....here's hoping for a great 2019 for Namor!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hi everyone.....here's hoping for a great 2019 for Namor!
    Hello, Iron Maiden! We need to hold out for that Supervillain Team Up in 2019!

Last edited by Reviresco; 01-02-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really do wish they’d push Namor as much as they do other characters. There’s so much potential in an underwater kingdom. So much of our world is unexplored, and the mythology that writers could play with is near limitless.
    I wish they would also, since it has been almost TEN years since we got a Namor solo. But I think the movies and the TV dictate the comics now. Plus, the editors seem to have some odd, to me, notions about Namor, like he works best as a supporting character - which is completely untrue. Or that the underwater stuff is unrelatable -- again, untrue. I'm hoping the Aquaman movie can show editorial just how wrong they are.

I will always love Namor and his world. I don't always get to the threads or the books regularly, but I try to follow as best as possible.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Fantastic character! And I always loved his fights with Hulk! They are my favourites!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I would absolutely die for a Namor and Doctor Doom team up!!! They have such a great frenemyship and are so entertaining together!

Also what really makes me scratch my head is; the further I dived into past stuff about Namor and seen just how many writers, or artist want to do a Namor solo, (even drawing up stuff for marvel and expressing their interests in getting on a solo book) and Marvel keeps denying them. Like out of the number of people who want to write Namor he should have had more comic on goings?

If Marvel had said yes each time then we would have had more sub-mariner comics, but they keep pushing him as a side or supporting character, deflecting him to team books etc. It really has been almost ten years since Namor the First Mutant and I worry that after Invaders he will be put in the background again.

From what I see it's not that there is NO ONE willing to write Namor over the years, it's just that Marvel and the powers that be don't want to invest in his character at all.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I will always love Namor and his world. I don't always get to the threads or the books regularly, but I try to follow as best as possible.
    Glad you found the new thread, Oberon! Without the solo, it is sometimes hard to follow Namor's appearances, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Fantastic character! And I always loved his fights with Hulk! They are my favourites!
    Their fights were some great slugfests, and I loved their bickering in Defenders.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw Namor... I don't remember. I know it was before Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and I already know about his attraction to Sue before then, but that game was my most memorable first experience with his character and world.

Namor.jpg

I don't remember who was the boss in the Atlantis stage, but now that I read DC, the name that came to mind is just Orm, because the story is the same. Throne and heritage fight.

The name has something that has to do with Shark. Maybe.

I would absolutely die for a Namor and Doctor Doom team up!!! They have such a great frenemyship and are so entertaining together!
    I love them when they get together, they are so much fun -- though it does usually come to an rather ... disagreeable end.

Also what really makes me scratch my head is; the further I dived into past stuff about Namor and seen just how many writers, or artist want to do a Namor solo, (even drawing up stuff for marvel and expressing their interests in getting on a solo book) and Marvel keeps denying them. Like out of the number of people who want to write Namor he should have had more comic on goings?

If Marvel had said yes each time then we would have had more sub-mariner comics, but they keep pushing him as a side or supporting character, deflecting him to team books etc. It really has been almost ten years since Namor the First Mutant and I worry that after Invaders he will be put in the background again.

From what I see it's not that there is NO ONE willing to write Namor over the years, it's just that Marvel and the powers that be don't want to invest in his character at all.
    That is pretty much it, IMO. Especially when you see other characters repeatedly get solos. Or seeing Prowler, Slapstick and Foolkiller getting solos, no slam on those guys, but they have never supported an ongoing, while Namor languishes without a book -- it is clear it's editorial. Again, I think that's going to be the biggest benefit of the Aquaman movie. It will change the minds of the PtB about what people will actually buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I saw Namor... I don't remember. I know it was before Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and I already know about his attraction to Sue before then, but that game was my most memorable first experience with his character and world.

Namor.jpg

I don't remember who was the boss in the Atlantis stage, but now that I read DC, the name that came to mind is just Orm, because the story is the same. Throne and heritage fight.

The name has something that has to do with Shark. Maybe.
    Welcome to the thread, Restingvoice! I've always thought that far more people are introduced to Namor for the first time in a game than in the comics. Which is why I'm repeatedly disappointed that Marvel won't find a way get his rights back for at least the games. He's been a part of several comic book based campaigns that the games use, and they always substitute someone for him.

It may have been Attuma, though one of Namor's rogues IS Tiger Shark. Oh, wait. Is this him in the game?

The Big Comixology Marvel Collections Sale that DragonsChi gave us the heads up on is ending tomorrow! Get those great deals now! Here's a few collections I found and posted in the old thread.

Arrgh. I can copy the text, but not the links from a locked thread. Here's the links to those two posts, which has live links, as I probably won't have time to fix this before the sale is over.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4095320

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4095978

Namor the First Mutant two collections are $2 and $4

Both John Byrne collections are 6 bucks each.

All 8 Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner are on sale for 5.99 a piece! That's the entire Silver / Bronze run of Subby. They are like 50 to 75 each in print. And the 3 Golden Age Marvel Masterworks are only 2 bucks each.

The 3 Golden Age Human Torch Masterworks are also 2 bucks each. The infamous Namor / Torch battle with the flooding of the entire world is in the second on of these. There is a Subby story in each individual issue, so there's a few in a each book.

All 7 of the Golden Age Marvel Comics Masterworks are also 2 bucks each.

4 volumes of Golden Age Marvel Masterworks All-Winners Squad for $2 and $4

NON-GOLDEN AGE INVADERS STUFF

Marvels at $3

Marvels Project at $5

2 volumes covering the Classic Invaders series at $9 each -- normally $30 each.

Invaders Eve of Destruction at $4

Alex Ross Avengers / Invaders - Trilogy 1 at $7

The Torch - Trilogy 2 at $5

Invaders Now - Trilogy 3 at $3
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-03-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Welcome to the thread, Restingvoice! I've always thought that far more people are introduced to Namor for the first time in a game than in the comics. Which is why I'm repeatedly disappointed that Marvel won't find a way get his rights back for at least the games. He's been a part of several comic book based campaigns that the games use, and they always substitute someone for him.

It may have been Attuma, though one of Namor's rogues IS Tiger Shark. Oh, wait. Is this him in the game?

Thank you for welcoming!

Attuma and Tiger Shark! Yes! They're fought together.

What about his rights? Oh is it Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Thank you for welcoming!

Attuma and Tiger Shark! Yes! They're fought together.

What about his rights? Oh is it Sony?
    More like Universal. But Marvel says different things. Basically they don't seem to have the full rights to Namor for other media, like games and movies, and worse, don't seem interested in pursuing them.

Yep, Attuma and Tiger Shark are some early Silver Age rogues for Namor, though some interesting things have been done with both. Doctor Doom made a deal with Attuma and resurrected him one time, IIRC. Oh, and oddly enough, Marvel DOES seem to have the rights to those two. They were in the Quest for the Black Panther cartoon recently, though modified.