Page 28 of 182 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The thing I fear about Lady Dorma that I voiced before is that she will be brought back only to die again. I really think Marvel writers don't see much use for her even though she is a great character except to forever be that tragic lost love for Namor. I love this pair a lot though.

I love Andromeda, and really want more focus for her, being a warrior noble woman she would make a good match for Namor however I also like the warrior friendship bond she and Namor have, knowing they can count on the other to always fight etc. I would love a writer to focus on more friendship for them but for a romance I'm about 50/50 cause I don't want Namor and her to hook up only to be broken off a few issues later or never mentioned again.
    Thanks for posting that graphic from Puzzle Quest, IW, very cool.

The thing I like about Lady Dorma is how cunning and manipulative she could sometimes be, she seemed to always be one step ahead of Namor too, she would get Namor into trouble but always in the name of love, it made for some pretty crazy dysfunctional love on occasions but made for interesting and funny stories. Of course Namor would always end up forgiving her and realize he had pushed her into bad decisions by way of his obstinate character as they were both aristocratic divas with very impulsive temperaments. She would defy Namor multiple times but was always to be at his side and help him out and even save him, Namor being such a hotheaded hero tends to want to carry the entire battle over his shoulders and overestimate his own strength, Dorma would always find a way to participate and help Namor claim his victory. The perfect flawed partner with great potential for conflicts and stories.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-29-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOL. Here is a link to know more about him and his stats and attacks etc. It looks like he is going to be expensive 7,000 points to recruit him and also he is a 4 star character. I am not sure if he is limited or not but all the info is there and recruiting doesn't start until the end of January. LINK

I did find this at the link.

Oh my. So very nice.

I have no idea what any of that means.... except the 7000 points to get him. Ouch!

Actually, I have no idea how to play this game. I just keep poking at things and following the BIG ARROWS. LOL! I finally figured out I'm supposed to line up three of a kind as soon as I see them, instead of waiting for the game to point them out to me. And I'm not sure how to get rid of those Doombot tiles before they blow up on me. Oh, I did figure out I can change out characters. And somehow, I got a high level Human Torch -- Johnny, I think. I'd gladly trade Storm and Spidey and Iron Man for Namor.

Maybe I should read some instructions. ;p

I'm so very happy to see Namor in a game.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Agree. No Andromeda relationship unless they are committed to a real one (so.... how long on Thor and She-Hulk?)

Perhaps it would be better to just make strong characters like Andromeda be a part of Namor's story, whether in these issues or his own comic or feature, someday.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks for posting that graphic from Puzzle Quest, IW, very cool.

The thing I like about Lady Dorma is how cunning and manipulative she could sometimes be, she seemed to always be one step ahead of Namor too, she would get Namor into trouble but always in the name of love, it made for some pretty crazy dysfunctional love on occasions but made for interesting and funny stories. Of course Namor would always end up forgiving her and realize he had pushed her into bad decisions by way of his obstinate character as they were both aristocratic divas with very impulsive temperaments. She would defy Namor multiple times but was always to be at his side and help him out and even save him, Namor being such a hotheaded hero tends to want to carry the entire battle over his shoulders and overestimate his own strength, Dorma would always find a way to participate and help Namor claim his victory. The perfect flawed partner with great potential for conflicts and stories.
    No denying the awesomeness of Lady Dorma! She had her own motivations and reasons for doing things, and I just love this dramatic pair a lot. You also can't forget the number of times she saved Namor's butt. Seriously ignoring his orders to follow him and showing up to help him out. Both Namor and Dorma are very passionate people, and their adventures were always fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh my. So very nice.

I have no idea what any of that means.... except the 7000 points to get him. Ouch!

Actually, I have no idea how to play this game. I just keep poking at things and following the BIG ARROWS. LOL! I finally figured out I'm supposed to line up three of a kind as soon as I see them, instead of waiting for the game to point them out to me. And I'm not sure how to get rid of those Doombot tiles before they blow up on me. Oh, I did figure out I can change out characters. And somehow, I got a high level Human Torch -- Johnny, I think. I'd gladly trade Storm and Spidey and Iron Man for Namor.

Maybe I should read some instructions. ;p

I'm so very happy to see Namor in a game.
    haha, I got Johnny too, I think everyone did to promo the Fantastic Four. I don't have nearly enough coins for Namor though I am trying at least to see if I can get anymore art out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Agree. No Andromeda relationship unless they are committed to a real one (so.... how long on Thor and She-Hulk?)

Perhaps it would be better to just make strong characters like Andromeda be a part of Namor's story, whether in these issues or his own comic or feature, someday.
    heh. I'm not a fan of Thor/She-Hulk the writing hasn't drawn me in and maybe because I just like Hercules/She-Hulk better, they were fun together. Also Namor needs a solid base of allies again and I would start with Andromeda for sure, maybe even upgrade her to being Namor's right hand and a Warlord.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Is it just me or did Death Battle have extremely less information to give on Namor then they did for Aquaman?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Is it just me or did Death Battle have extremely less information to give on Namor then they did for Aquaman?
    Yeah they did, the video was a whole minute shorter :/ I feel like Aquaman is gonna win but then again what else is new? These things have always been more of popularity contest and whoever is more popular at the time is going to win.

Yeah they did, the video was a whole minute shorter :/ I feel like Aquaman is gonna win but then again what else is new? These things have always been more of popularity contest and whoever is more popular at the time is going to win.
    Namor has been historically physically stronger than Aquaman. But DC has been trying so hard to make Aquaman cool and their history is as fickle as a leaf in the wind I wouldn't be able to tell you who should actually win. I never really followed Aquaman that much.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

They don't always show the full breakdown before the battle itself. It might be longer in the full video.

Namor is available in puzzle quest today. It seems like he is a limited time character unless you have a crazy amount of points or spend like $100 real cash to buy.
    Screenshot_20190131-092243.jpg
    Still you have a chance to play him free, you go to the story mode tab and click shield to play. It's Namor vs Sentry:
    Screenshot_20190131-094643.jpg
    Screenshot_20190131-092443.jpg
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-31-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Namor's Mercy is one of his plays:
    Screenshot_20190131-092555.jpg
    Edit: One more picture I had taken from the game
    Screenshot_20190131-092321.jpg
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-31-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Namor's Mercy is one of his plays:
    Screenshot_20190131-092555.jpg
    Edit: One more picture I had taken from the game
    Screenshot_20190131-092321.jpg
    THANK YOU for posting these. I knew he was going to be available today, but I had no where near the points ... I think I have a 1000. I'm going to grab him for the story. I still have no idea what all the other stuff means or how to play the game, but I can pick three in a row. ;p

He looks awesome. I hope he trounces Sentry. : )
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks for posting the Death Match video!

Didn't watch the Aquaman one, but I'll try to get to it today.

Sadly true. I mean, that's what happened in the JL / Avengers match-up. It was voted on by fans, so the defeat had to be manufactured, and was ludicrous to say the least. And I know some fans are going to say that Aquaman can control sea life, but they forget that Namor is resistant to mental attacks. He broke Puppet Master's control over him, and I remember in Defenders, he was one of the first to see through hallucinations caused by an enemy or two, amongst other things. Of course, we can't get the Marvel writers to consistently write that, so I don't expect much on that front.

Lots of abilities that weren't mentioned, but I'm thinking they are going by animated versions. Of course, the latest in Marvel Comics Presents should be the trump move for Namor if push comes to shove.

Namor has been historically physically stronger than Aquaman. But DC has been trying so hard to make Aquaman cool and their history is as fickle as a leaf in the wind I wouldn't be able to tell you who should actually win. I never really followed Aquaman that much.
    I haven't either, but I've always seen Namor as more of a fighter and ruler, with a spiritual connection / blessing from Neptune, and Aquaman as a superhero whose main power was controlling sea life. I know they've been changing things for Aquaman, though, trying to make him an important and integral part of the DCU. I only wish Marvel valued Namor as much.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They don't always show the full breakdown before the battle itself. It might be longer in the full video.
    I hope that's the case. Because this was sparse, to say the least.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Sadly true. I mean, that's what happened in the JL / Avengers match-up. It was voted on by fans, so the defeat had to be manufactured, and was ludicrous to say the least. And I know some fans are going to say that Aquaman can control sea life, but they forget that Namor is resistant to mental attacks. He broke Puppet Master's control over him, and I remember in Defenders, he was one of the first to see through hallucinations caused by an enemy or two, amongst other things. Of course, we can't get the Marvel writers to consistently write that, so I don't expect much on that front.
    Namor can control sea life too, at least in the cartoons they always made a big deal of that ability. In the chapter where he goes against the Thing from space he sends lots of marine life against the robot, including an octopus and a whale.

Another thing to remember is that on more then one occasion Namor has resisted and/or overcame attempts of mind control. Purple Man and Puppet Master both saw first hand that Namor's strength of will can overcome incredible odds.