Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namorita is back, and Namora has been for some time now, and it's been months since Nita was shown alive with the FF. WHEN are we going to have the sub-mariner family reunion? Especially Nita and Namora who haven't seen each other since Nita was a child!

I am really hoping the Invaders run can spin off into Namor getting a solo where we can have them back together. (Does anyone know how long the Invaders series is going to be? Not sure if I asked that already)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namorita is back, and Namora has been for some time now, and it's been months since Nita was shown alive with the FF. WHEN are we going to have the sub-mariner family reunion? Especially Nita and Namora who haven't seen each other since Nita was a child!

I am really hoping the Invaders run can spin off into Namor getting a solo where we can have them back together. (Does anyone know how long the Invaders series is going to be? Not sure if I asked that already)
    It isn't a mini-series, it's an ongoing. So, hopefully, the Invaders book will be a high seller and can continue on of decades. I'm not holding my breath for that, but I am hoping it is the most successful Invaders book ever!

I think people need to keep asking Marvel editorial (NICELY) to give us a Namor solo in his 80th year. Cite the success of Aquaman movie. That sucker is going to make a BILLION dollars world wide real soon.

Tom Brevoort
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort?lang=en

CB Cebulski EiC
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski

CB CEBULSKI tweet on Aquaman movie!

Bill Roseman at Marvel Games
    https://twitter.com/BillRosemann

If there's an editor of a book you like, ask about getting a Namor book. Waiting to see who is editing the Invaders book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It isn't a mini-series, it's an ongoing. So, hopefully, the Invaders book will be a high seller and can continue on of decades. I'm not holding my breath for that, but I am hoping it is the most successful Invaders book ever!

I think people need to keep asking Marvel editorial (NICELY) to give us a Namor solo in his 80th year. Cite the success of Aquaman movie. That sucker is going to make a BILLION dollars world wide real soon.

Tom Brevoort
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort?lang=en

CB Cebulski EiC
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski

CB CEBULSKI tweet on Aquaman movie!

Bill Roseman at Marvel Games
    https://twitter.com/BillRosemann

If there's an editor of a book you like, ask about getting a Namor book. Waiting to see who is editing the Invaders book.
    Thanks! I'm still a bit too shy to ask them directly, (though I can try to work up the courage to send a tweet in the future), I was wondering if there was a way to send a letter to print for the upcoming Invaders comic? Do they still do that for all of their books? I feel I could do better with that, but I've never sent one into Marvel before and I think that if more people send letters then we might have a chance of being noticed or at least getting some kind of reply.

Thanks! I'm still a bit too shy to ask them directly, (though I can try to work up the courage to send a tweet in the future), I was wondering if there was a way to send a letter to print for the upcoming Invaders comic? Do they still do that for all of their books? I feel I could do better with that, but I've never sent one into Marvel before and I think that if more people send letters then we might have a chance of being noticed or at least getting some kind of reply.
    I'm not that familiar with Twitter, but can't we add their handle / address onto a retweet, so they would get? Something that puts Namor in front of them, NICELY, like gorgeous fan art or a good cosplay or even some cool comic panels, and shows there is interest out there.

Yes! They probably will have an letters page, if they get letters. That's a great idea. We could even write them in advance if we got an address. Let me see if I can find an address. Though, now that I think about it, the first issue probably has already gone to print -- it's only two weeks away, right? So we will have to shoot for the second one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm not that familiar with Twitter, but can't we add their handle / address onto a retweet, so they would get? Something that puts Namor in front of them, NICELY, like gorgeous fan art or a good cosplay or even some cool comic panels, and shows there is interest out there.

Yes! They probably will have an letters page, if they get letters. That's a great idea. We could even write them in advance if we got an address. Let me see if I can find an address. Though, now that I think about it, the first issue probably has already gone to print -- it's only two weeks away, right? So we will have to shoot for the second one.
    I personally think the problem with Twitter and asking creators there directly is they have to be very noncommittal and vague in their replies until its been confirmed and ok to talk about. Other wise I could totally reply to one of there tweets or @ them in a message which would show up in their notes, however I'm sure that since they have so many hundreds of followers then their notes might be so full and Twitter is very fast moving, they could miss it, or ignore it and never reply. Also I would feel a bit awkward in messaging them directly since I don't want to seem to be harassing the creators.

I think its great that creators are more readily available to speak to these days, (I've asked Leah Williams questions she writes some of the x-men for marvel and she is a Namor fan too) and ask them questions, but also across the fandoms not just in comics I've seen creators get very harassed by fans and I would hate to do that to anyone/put them in an awkward position about their reply.

If you do find a letter page address or even e-mail I will totally write in and express my fangirling desire to have a Namor solo!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

To be honest I wasn't that interested in Namor because the two things I know about him from what people said is that he's arrogant and a homewrecker XD

b1feac968a8848fb293ef6d459cc76a5.jpg

Talking about Sue of course

I am interested in his relationship with Dr. Doom, though, because I saw that meme panel where Doom grabbed an Atlantean horn and blew it just because Namor said he shouldn't, and when Doom drew a painting of Namor that people say "dude that's gay" XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    To be honest I wasn't that interested in Namor because the two things I know about him from what people said is that he's arrogant and a homewrecker XD

b1feac968a8848fb293ef6d459cc76a5.jpg

Well, I don't think anyone will deny that Namor has a certain arrogance.

But people who call Namor a homewrecker don't know anything about Namor ... or Sue. First off, Namor met Sue BEFORE she married. In fact, he actually proposed to Sue as soon as he met her, long before Reed did. And Namor has actually done more than anyone else I can think of to SAVE Reed and Sue's marriage. Twice, he went through elaborate ruses to get Reed and Sue back together again. For several decades, it was pretty much a past relationship and both characters had moved on, though they were friends. But some writers just can't let it go, and use Namor to ... enliven Reed and Sue's relationship.

I am interested in his relationship with Dr. Doom, though, because I saw that meme panel where Doom grabbed an Atlantean horn and blew it just because Namor said he shouldn't, and when Doom drew a painting of Namor that people say "dude that's gay" XD
    Ah yes, the TOOT horn. LOL! That's from an all ages book, that's not part of continuity, but Doom and Namor have a very interesting relationship -- and it has been played in many different ways.

LOL, Honestly I still have issues every time Sue/Namor comes up because its all people really know him for, but his time with the Fantastic Four (if we include all their comics of which there are A LOT) Namor doesn't show up every two issues to try and seduce Sue. He comes and goes and is mostly used in my opinion as a contrast to Reed.

Here we have Reed: A smart scientist more interested in his work than human connection (though i do know he has a good relationship with his family) focusing more on the brainy aspects, a nice guy compared to Namor and one of the heroes of the Fantastic Four. He is the guy Marvel wants you to root for, the underdog compared to Namor.

Then we have Namor: A handsome, arrogant, brash, prince from the far off magical underwater city of Atlantis strutting around showing off his riches and muscles and saying he wants a queen, the dream fantasy for most girls, and the bad boy compared to Reed.

I once read something, where their relationship was compared to Namor being Catwoman to Susan's Batman, he would swoop in to distract and seduce the main hero in a tight fitting garment and then be on his merry way to do whatever he wants. Which made me laugh honestly.

Namor was never going to end up with Sue, it was just a love triangle that Marvel dragged on for years and teased fans with. If it was going to happen then it would have happened way back in the early fantastic four comics but now its far too late and really I am pretty tired of him only being remembered for susan storm and black panther. I really really hope that Marvel doesn't bring it up again. If you see the times when Namor and Sue were just friends and where writers were not trying to force them together they have this great friendship. The thing that bothers people most is that Namor always gets along better with female characters than he does males, and he is really only Susan's friend, not Reed or Ben or Johnny. IMO he tolerates them because Susan is a good person and he values her and her friendship.

thanksgivingdinner.jpg

I found Namor while reading back issues of the x-men and avengers, specifically the Maximoff thanksgiving in the scarlet witch and vision mini, then I went on to read his stories first, Namor the first mutant, etc. so when I came to the FF comics I was less than pleased to see Namor, Reed, and Sue since in other comics Namor is really good, in my opinion he works better when he is away from the avengers and the fantastic four. Teams he works best on are defenders, invaders, and the x-men, but he really works best alone in a solo.

I love Namor and Doctor Doom so much. I actually got into Doctor Doom because of Namor. If you want a rec list of all the times they were together in 616 comics here is a link another fan made and gave me permission to put on my fan blog:

https://namorthesubmariner.tumblr.co...-doom-rec-list

doom namor emperor doom.jpg

That comic you are talking about (doom tooting the horn) happened in SPIDEY SUPER STORIES (1974) #53 which is such a gem. I love it. (I am so sorry for rambling on like that, lol, I really can talk forever about this character cause he is my number one fave)

Just a few panels of my favorite duo:

namor doom panel 2.jpg

namor doom panel 1.jpg

namor doom panel 3.jpg

Honestly if I can't get a Namor solo then another team up between these two would be so wonderful!

And Reviresco, I saw you had started a quotes post at the beginning, that is awesome, Namor has so many great lines!

Doom tooting the Horn:

dont toot.jpg

And the infamous Doctor Doom paints Namor fan edit parody:

namor doom parody.jpg

The original is actually Layla Miller in the comics but the edit was so well done and honestly I love it.
    Doom really does have an obsession with Namor and it's no wonder why. LOL

Just a few panels of my favorite duo:

namor doom panel 2.jpg

namor doom panel 1.jpg

namor doom panel 3.jpg

Honestly if I can't get a Namor solo then another team up between these two would be so wonderful!

And Reviresco, I saw you had started a quotes post at the beginning, that is awesome, Namor has so many great lines!

He does! I may not have enough room. But it will be a work in progress.

I was looking for that first panel! May have to steal it. ;p

That middle panel is so rich. Doom = MELODRAMA!!!

Why choose? Be greedy and ask, excuse me, demand BOTH! A solo AND Super Villain Team Up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

But people who call Namor a homewrecker don't know anything about Namor ... or Sue. First off, Namor met Sue BEFORE she married. In fact, he actually proposed to Sue as soon as he met her, long before Reed did. And Namor has actually done more than anyone else I can think of to SAVE Reed and Sue's marriage. Twice, he went through elaborate ruses to get Reed and Sue back together again. For several decades, it was pretty much a past relationship and both characters had moved on, though they were friends. But some writers just can't let it go, and use Namor to ... enliven Reed and Sue's relationship.
    Oooh... okay. I saw the F4 cover with Namor carrying Sue into the sea chased by the others... this one.

ICO000039._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Was it that one? I didn't know they weren't married at that time, but now that you mention it, in the movie they also haven't married.

That comic you are talking about (doom tooting the horn) happened in SPIDEY SUPER STORIES (1974) #53 which is such a gem. I love it. (I am so sorry for rambling on like that, lol, I really can talk forever about this character cause he is my number one fave)
    No, no, I enjoy reading it. Thank you. ^^

Yeah, I can see how the whole Sue thing can be really annoying if they refuse to let die because the images are very memorable for someone who doesn't know. That Greg Land cover and the old cover of Namor carrying Sue to the sea is what I remember when someone mention Namor and Sue.

I get the land you get the sea, but isn't he already king of the sea? Is that the joke? XD

namor doom parody.jpg
    The original is actually Layla Miller in the comics but the edit was so well done and honestly, I love it.
    Aw, it's a fan edit. I should've known because the painting doesn't match the rest of the panel. XD

He does! I may not have enough room. But it will be a work in progress.

I was looking for that first panel! May have to steal it. ;p

That middle panel is so rich. Doom = MELODRAMA!!!

Why choose? Be greedy and ask, excuse me, demand BOTH! A solo AND Super Villain Team Up.

Yes, he has a lot of good quotes so narrowing them down will be a chore, thank you for doing this! Be my guest to steal whatever panels I post!

Doom is the definition of melodrama XD haha! I shall demand both! I'll write in multiple times and hope for the best!

Oooh... okay. I saw the F4 cover with Namor carrying Sue into the sea chased by the others... this one.

ICO000039._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Was it that one? I didn't know they weren't married at that time, but now that you mention it, in the movie they also haven't married.

No, no, I enjoy reading it. Thank you. ^^

Yeah, I can see how the whole Sue thing can be really annoying if they refuse to let die because the images are very memorable for someone who doesn't know. That Greg Land cover and the old cover of Namor carrying Sue to the sea is what I remember when someone mention Namor and Sue.

I get the land you get the sea, but isn't he already king of the sea? Is that the joke? XD

Aw, it's a fan edit. I should've known because the painting doesn't match the rest of the panel. XD
    Namor and Sue is very memorable, I think that its one of the most memorable cover for the Fantastic Four on par with the introduction of Doctor Doom cover. This was the FF fourth issue and Stan Lee loved the character of Namor so much that instead of remaking him like he did with Johnny and the original human torch Jim Hammond, he just had Namor show up without his memories. Namor makes his appearance just one issue before Doom who comes in #5 and then in #6 they team up for the first time and its the first super villain team up in Marvel. IIRC

doom and namor first meet panels.jpg

LOL also the Land and Sea thing is a very old agreement they have each time they team up, Victor would rule all the land and not interfere/pollute the sea and leave Namor and his people to live in peace. In turn Namor would not interfere with the land. However they never seem to make it to that point mostly because Doom betrays Namor or they fight/don't trust each other. haha! But they do have this old friendship and in a room full of enemies they always team up and actually do respect each other even if they don't agree with the others methods.

doom namor the first mutant panel.jpg

I personally think the problem with Twitter and asking creators there directly is they have to be very noncommittal and vague in their replies until its been confirmed and ok to talk about. Other wise I could totally reply to one of there tweets or @ them in a message which would show up in their notes, however I'm sure that since they have so many hundreds of followers then their notes might be so full and Twitter is very fast moving, they could miss it, or ignore it and never reply. Also I would feel a bit awkward in messaging them directly since I don't want to seem to be harassing the creators.

I think its great that creators are more readily available to speak to these days, (I've asked Leah Williams questions she writes some of the x-men for marvel and she is a Namor fan too) and ask them questions, but also across the fandoms not just in comics I've seen creators get very harassed by fans and I would hate to do that to anyone/put them in an awkward position about their reply.

If you do find a letter page address or even e-mail I will totally write in and express my fangirling desire to have a Namor solo!
    There's a lot of problems with Twitter, which is why I've avoided it as far as using it -- though I do lurk a bit. But I'm planning to jump in this year, mostly for Namor related stuff. We all have our boundaries, though some don't appear to, when it comes to social media. I also prefer not to DM creators, but I definitely am going to be tagging a few.

Not familiar with Leah Williams, but I'll check her stuff out.

I'll see if I can find any info about the letters page e-mail this weekend.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Doom tooting the Horn:

dont toot.jpg

namor doom parody.jpg

The original is actually Layla Miller in the comics but the edit was so well done and honestly I love it.
    Wow...missed a lot of activity.

I really hope that with Doom's new status post-Secret Wars that we do see a reunion. One is never sure what the characters remember from the time on Battleworld but I know Namor got blasted by God Emperor Doom in one of the last issues. I wasn't sure if it was fatal or not. In any case, it hasn't effected his current status.

I think my favorite Doom/Namor story is the multi-part issue written by Gerry Conway and drawn by Gene Colan in the Sub-Mariner series. I always theorized that this might have been their next chapter in Astonishing Tales. It ended rather abruptly in AT #8, with a tease for the next issue's story titled "Doomsmasque". IIRC it was used in the Sub-Mariner stories for the issue title. Maybe Conway just liked the title and wanted to use it again since his AT story never came to be.