Page 52 of 182 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm totally going to give this a read later, thanks! I am very glad that they didn't make it if they were just going to go the aquaman route. Even though the what if namor grew up on land one shot is one of my favorite comics it just is that, an AU, and his story is far better where he has grown up in the ocean. I wouldn't be surprised if they did since I have been a bit critical about how much they have taken from Namor's whole look. Seriously in some Aquaman stills all they had to do was slap on some wings and pointed ears and there was Namor. (lol, I'm going to have to rent Aquaman and give a watch soon)
    Yes, there were alot of comparison pics of Momoa and 90s Jae Lee Namor posted when he was announced.

I just don't think it would be a Namor story if he was raised on land. Yes, that AU was a good story, but it's AU. 80 years of Namor stories revolve around him being raised undersea, privileged, yet never truly accepted. And on the surface, he's the alien, the Other-- the commentary on the craziness of our own culture, the magic or myth that is missing from it. At least they didn't steal that for the Aquaman movie.

This link is for Marvel covering their 80 years history in articles, I'm keeping an eye on it to see if Namor is featured in April, since that was the time his comic was first created.

Marvel's 80 Year History
    There were a few articles at the beginning of the year. They seem to be progressing in a chronological fashion, for the most part.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yet another interview where Kevin Feige blows off using Namor in the MCU.

Could The Eternals introduce some new locations like Atlantis, Olympus, allowing for characters like Namor or Hercules to make their way into the MCU?

Kevin Feige: Could it or will it are two very different things. One of the things we like about The Eternals and have started thinking about how we could do something with it are The Eternals themselves. Not as a way to introduce any other characters, and there are a lot of Eternals that are all very distinct and different from one another and that that's our focus.
    I swear. The man just does NOT like Namor.

https://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-c...vel-interview/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Agreed, he has been dodging namor questions for years, its crazy, they got use of the Hulk ages ago! They should have cut some deal for namor. *sighs*

Yes, there were alot of comparison pics of Momoa and 90s Jae Lee Namor posted when he was announced.

I just don't think it would be a Namor story if he was raised on land. Yes, that AU was a good story, but it's AU. 80 years of Namor stories revolve around him being raised undersea, privileged, yet never truly accepted. And on the surface, he's the alien, the Other-- the commentary on the craziness of our own culture, the magic or myth that is missing from it. At least they didn't steal that for the Aquaman movie.
    I agree, I did give the script a read, and poked some fun at it, but ultimately it gave me a headache. Its so muddled and completely ignores everything that makes Namor great! If we ever do get a namor movie he has to be born/raised in Atlantis, the surface world is the alien world to him and please give him the ankle wings!!! Only a few things, like Namor having an extra set of eyelids etc. were ok but I would not call that a good Namor movie in a million years! We need a writer who understands the character!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Agreed, he has been dodging namor questions for years, its crazy, they got use of the Hulk ages ago! They should have cut some deal for namor. *sighs*
    Seriously. What kills me, besides the 'we COULD, but WILL we' nonsense, is his stance that the MCU focus is going to be any number of those "distinct and different" Eternals. WTF? The MU is NOT founded on Kirby's take on the Greek gods, which have like maybe 35 books. It's founded on the flawed outsider, and Namor is the OG. It's just like the comic side editorial, giving lip service to Namor and refusing to give him his own book, while giving characters like Deathshead (no slur to Deathshead fans) a book. Really???

It is just so annoying.

I agree, I did give the script a read, and poked some fun at it, but ultimately it gave me a headache. Its so muddled and completely ignores everything that makes Namor great! If we ever do get a namor movie he has to be born/raised in Atlantis, the surface world is the alien world to him and please give him the ankle wings!!! Only a few things, like Namor having an extra set of eyelids etc. were ok but I would not call that a good Namor movie in a million years! We need a writer who understands the character!
    Yes, there were some cool things in the script, but unfortunately, Namor wasn't one of them. LOL! When KRANG is the most interesting character, and I bet he gets the most pages / scenes, there are seriously problems with the script.

I did like the extra set of eyelids.

Seriously. What kills me, besides the 'we COULD, but WILL we' nonsense, is his stance that the MCU focus is going to be any number of those "distinct and different" Eternals. WTF? The MU is NOT founded on Kirby's take on the Greek gods, which have like maybe 35 books. It's founded on the flawed outsider, and Namor is the OG. It's just like the comic side editorial, giving lip service to Namor and refusing to give him his own book, while giving characters like Deathshead (no slur to Deathshead fans) a book. Really???

It is just so annoying.

Yes, there were some cool things in the script, but unfortunately, Namor wasn't one of them. LOL! When KRANG is the most interesting character, and I bet he gets the most pages / scenes, there are seriously problems with the script.

I did like the extra set of eyelids.
    I liked the eyelids too, but still very much would say no to this script! lol. I think that Marvel thinks they are going to get another GotG where some obscure characters are used and then made popular? That is the only explanation I can give for them using the Eternals, after they messed up the Inhumans. But with the Xmen and FF now back they should be focusing on them and also NAMOR. I hope Marvel does right by him, it's so disheartening to see how Batman (I know he is a popular character) is the same age as Namor yet he is being celebrated so much this year while Marvel ignores their oldest character.

While I'm iffy about Namor being involved in the MCU, if freakin' Corsair gets an on-screen adaptation before him, I'll throw my hands up lol.

And I don't think I can name a single Eternal other than the one who fought Namor during All-New Invaders. You know that guy... uhh... Icky Thump.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I am in the middle of moving, and of course, COMCAST MAY THEY ROT IN HELL, is screwing me over and I am without internet from Wednesday to SUNDAY. So, I can only post from work ... or maybe from a parking lot. LOL!

I am in the middle of moving, and of course, COMCAST MAY THEY ROT IN HELL, is screwing me over and I am without internet from Wednesday to SUNDAY. So, I can only post from work ... or maybe from a parking lot. LOL!
    That sucks! Hope you can at least try to queue up things on your tumblr blog, I love you 365 days of namor posts! The namor tag there is just me, talking in the wind, and not much else. lol. But there are a few more subby fans around now than there was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    While I'm iffy about Namor being involved in the MCU, if freakin' Corsair gets an on-screen adaptation before him, I'll throw my hands up lol.

And I don't think I can name a single Eternal other than the one who fought Namor during All-New Invaders. You know that guy... uhh... Icky Thump.
    Good to see you Of Atlantis!

Heh. The Eternals haven't been used much, but I'm sure we should prepare for that to change. Maybe if they slap, Eternal on an ongoing, we could get a Namor book? Maybe Leonard McKenzie was really an Eternal. You know, like NAMOR THE FIRST DEMI-ETERNAL! Hmmm. Maybe HALF-ETERNAL. DEMI-ETERNAL kind of looks like a skin disease.

Oh, prepare for some throwing of hands. Feige seems to love the cosmic, and with the return of the X-Men to the Marvel Studios fold, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Corsair Real Soon Now.

That sucks! Hope you can at least try to queue up things on your tumblr blog, I love you 365 days of namor posts! The namor tag there is just me, talking in the wind, and not much else. lol. But there are a few more subby fans around now than there was a few years ago.
    I've never cued up stuff on Tumblr, as that interferes with my procrastination habit, but I'm probably going to try and do so, if I things are slow today.

Yep. I understand what you mean. But I think there a lot of watchers who appreciate Namor and your efforts and conversations. I know I do!

I've never cued up stuff on Tumblr, as that interferes with my procrastination habit, but I'm probably going to try and do so, if I things are slow today.

Yep. I understand what you mean. But I think there a lot of watchers who appreciate Namor and your efforts and conversations. I know I do!
    Thanks! I try to keep the twitter and tumblr fanblogs going when i can and life/work doesnt make it easy, but I have seen more people interacting now than about 2 or even 3 years ago. I appreciate your efforts too! It's nice to see new content of Namor pop up.

Just learned that Ken Bald passed away, here is an article, may he rest in peace and thank you for your work!

Currently working on a sub-mariner quick reading guide for next month and will post it here when I'm done!

Just learned that Ken Bald passed away, here is an article, may he rest in peace and thank you for your work!

That's sad news indeed!

I met an artist at a con who was a friend of his and considered him something of a mentor. He was quite enthusiastic about the man. And encouraged me to ask him about a commission. This was a few years ago, and I've been meaning to ask him about getting a Namor and Namora commission.

Here's a costume I am totally unfamiliar with. Allegedly this is Namor, but I don't recall him wearing this, so I guess I better go back and read those issues. Any guesses where this costume was worn?