Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Currently working on a sub-mariner quick reading guide for next month and will post it here when I'm done!
    Reading guide ... like recommended issues or trades?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Reading guide ... like recommended issues or trades?
    Yes! Like how to catch up on a modern Namor guide to help any new readers get into him, I have been getting messages from time to time for reading advice and many say its very confusing, which I know comics are, so I'm trying to organize a golden to modern age reading guide to help people have an easier time, I might use the recs you have in the beginning of this thread for a complete reading list as a second list for people who want ALL of his appearances, and I want to include the omnibus's that are coming out. Hope to get this organized by next month and then I can pin it (keep it at the top post) to my twitter for any new readers!

I'm trying to a simplified list for a how to catch up with what Namor has been up to until now. I hope that if Marvel does give Namor a solo this year then having both a a quick list and comprehensive list might help others. (lol, I keep trying to make new subby fans cause I just think Namor doesn't get enough love) also I want to do something special for Namor's 80th year, since Marvel won't, I mean I see them promoing captain marvel, iron man, etc through these medals things for marvel but no mention of Namor! But I don't know what to do as something special, I might make comic edits for the tumblr and I'm still brainstorming since my art skills are not good enough yet for a good fan art piece.

Also if that is Namor in the suit I NEED to know which issue please! Juding by the art it could have been something like when he was in that ROM comic? it just has that feeling?

edit: also rev, if you have any recs to go on the reading guide please let me know!
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 03-30-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

An interview with Bill Everett about the time had had talks for a Sub-Mariner TV show in the 50s. LINK

I wish Marvel had done some kind of show years ago, then maybe Namor would have a bigger presence now, and I will never give up hope for at least an animated show someday, I really still think animation is the best way to go for his character. It would be so great to be able to show off the underwater settings etc.

An interview with Bill Everett about the time had had talks for a Sub-Mariner TV show in the 50s. LINK

I wish Marvel had done some kind of show years ago, then maybe Namor would have a bigger presence now, and I will never give up hope for at least an animated show someday, I really still think animation is the best way to go for his character. It would be so great to be able to show off the underwater settings etc.
    Great article!

I have to agree with that guy he linked to. Sea exploration shows were popular back then, and had they made a Subby TV show back then... well, everyone would be wondering who Aquaman was, and we'd have gotten a Namor movie back in the 80s or 90s.

A animated show certainly has possibilities ... but it would have to be something pretty unique.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes! Like how to catch up on a modern Namor guide to help any new readers get into him, I have been getting messages from time to time for reading advice and many say its very confusing, which I know comics are, so I'm trying to organize a golden to modern age reading guide to help people have an easier time, I might use the recs you have in the beginning of this thread for a complete reading list as a second list for people who want ALL of his appearances, and I want to include the omnibus's that are coming out. Hope to get this organized by next month and then I can pin it (keep it at the top post) to my twitter for any new readers!

I'm trying to a simplified list for a how to catch up with what Namor has been up to until now. I hope that if Marvel does give Namor a solo this year then having both a a quick list and comprehensive list might help others. (lol, I keep trying to make new subby fans cause I just think Namor doesn't get enough love) also I want to do something special for Namor's 80th year, since Marvel won't, I mean I see them promoing captain marvel, iron man, etc through these medals things for marvel but no mention of Namor! But I don't know what to do as something special, I might make comic edits for the tumblr and I'm still brainstorming since my art skills are not good enough yet for a good fan art piece.

Also if that is Namor in the suit I NEED to know which issue please! Juding by the art it could have been something like when he was in that ROM comic? it just has that feeling?

edit: also rev, if you have any recs to go on the reading guide please let me know!
    Interesting ideas! I have to go, but I'll comment more later -- hopefully tomorrow when I get my INTERNETS!!!

As for the armor ... allegedly it is from Atlantis Attacks. You know, the event that should have starred Namor, except they "killed him off" at the beginning of the event.

You know Marvel just LOVES Namor. /sarcasm

Interesting ideas! I have to go, but I'll comment more later -- hopefully tomorrow when I get my INTERNETS!!!

As for the armor ... allegedly it is from Atlantis Attacks. You know, the event that should have starred Namor, except they "killed him off" at the beginning of the event.

Ugh, Atlantis Attacks, I have to give that a reread then to find that suit. Yeah Marvel adores Namor so much. (also sarcasm)

Ok! Whenever you have time to chat or have any ideas/comic recs let me know! I can't afford anyone to do a really good commission piece for his 80th right now but i hope to at least make an effort and figure out something to do for Namor.

Ok CBR just ran another article about Namor, and its only been like a day since the last one? It isn't a movie rumor or comic book news, just speculation, and I don't know it feels like to me Marvel just keeps nudging Namor's name into view? Link It's about a comic character named Kanu.

Also I found this cute tweet from a fan on twitter. Not sure when this was printed since the twitter account is one that posts comics without context comic panels.

Link

Also on twitter, actor Rick Yune, liked and retweeted a fan made Namor FanEdit of him! I personally think it would be a great choice since Rick Yune is a good actor, and could totally wear the speedo with those abs of his

Link

(Also if I am being too annoying with all these twitter tweet links please let me know, I don't want to clog up the thread!)

Ugh, Atlantis Attacks, I have to give that a reread then to find that suit. Yeah Marvel adores Namor so much. (also sarcasm)

Ok! Whenever you have time to chat or have any ideas/comic recs let me know! I can't afford anyone to do a really good commission piece for his 80th right now but i hope to at least make an effort and figure out something to do for Namor.
    Namor's "faked death" armor appeared in Avengers Annual #18 during Atlantis Attacks, which had its moments. I still have a certain affection towards the scene where Iron Man swears to uncover the conspiracy and vows that: "Namor's death will not have been in vain!"

Happy April Fools Day! I couldn't think of any Namor prank that wouldn't have been hope dashingly cruel, so, I'll just wish everyone a warning about Namor news today.

Also, since I don't know the exact date of 'publication' of Namor's first appearance in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, I declare the entire month of April as Namor's unofficial 80th Anniversary Month! Hmmm. I think that needs a thread.

Oh, and yes! I got the Internets back! Though moving and settling in continues with many misadventures, as my truck wouldn't start. arrrrrh.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Namor's "faked death" armor appeared in Avengers Annual #18 during Atlantis Attacks, which had its moments. I still have a certain affection towards the scene where Iron Man swears to uncover the conspiracy and vows that: "Namor's death will not have been in vain!"
    Thanks for the issue number!

Happy April Fools Day! I couldn't think of any Namor prank that wouldn't have been hope dashingly cruel, so, I'll just wish everyone a warning about Namor news today.

Also, since I don't know the exact date of 'publication' of Namor's first appearance in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, I declare the entire month of April as Namor's unofficial 80th Anniversary Month! Hmmm. I think that needs a thread.

Oh, and yes! I got the Internets back! Though moving and settling in continues with many misadventures, as my truck wouldn't start. arrrrrh.
    April fools joke would be Marvel giving Namor the attention and respect he deserves as their first character. lol. Yay! All of April is Namor's 80th month! I saw on the Wiki that it's supposed to be April 1st, 1939 Link but I couldn't find it anywhere else so I'm just going to say that is right?
    Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was a 36 page promotional book that was given out to movie theaters in April 1,1939. It was the very first comic publication associated with what would later become Marvel Comics.

April fools joke would be Marvel giving Namor the attention and respect he deserves as their first character. lol. Yay! All of April is Namor's 80th month! I saw on the Wiki that it's supposed to be April 1st, 1939 Link but I couldn't find it anywhere else so I'm just going to say that is right?
    If you mean Marvel SAYING they were going to do it, and then of course, not do it, yep, that would be an evil April Fools joke.

Ah, well, as usually, it is up to us fans to give Namor his celebration. We need to start a hashtag on twitter, even if it is for all 13 of us Namor fans. ;p Let's see ... Namor80inApril? Maybe keep it simple with Namor80? I really need to get on twitter.

Hmmm. Thanks for that link. April 1 in 1939 would have been Saturday, which I guess would have worked out, if the book was aimed at kids. Regardless, I'm going for the WHOLE MONTH April Anniversary! Actually, it may be a bit a longer, depending on how I organize it.

Happy Birthday, Namor! Here's to another 80!

If you mean Marvel SAYING they were going to do it, and then of course, not do it, yep, that would be an evil April Fools joke.

Ah, well, as usually, it is up to us fans to give Namor his celebration. We need to start a hashtag on twitter, even if it is for all 13 of us Namor fans. ;p Let's see ... Namor80inApril? Maybe keep it simple with Namor80? I really need to get on twitter.

Hmmm. Thanks for that link. April 1 in 1939 would have been Saturday, which I guess would have worked out, if the book was aimed at kids. Regardless, I'm going for the WHOLE MONTH April Anniversary! Actually, it may be a bit a longer, depending on how I organize it.
    I just saw this but I had already started something on my fantwitter! I'm using the #submariner80th and all month I will be tweeting about my favorite moments and here is the link if anyone wants to join in! Also namor80 is a good hashtag, and I hope by the end of the month I can put up the Namor reading guide to help new readers find it easier to navigate his comics. I will think about other things I can do the celebrate him since Marvel has not shown one hint of even caring.

Twitter Link

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Happy Birthday, Namor! Here's to another 80!
    Happy Birthday Namor!

Heading for my home Internets!!! Will catch up later on.

Here's the CBR Namor's 80th Anniversary Thread.

Heading for my home Internets!!! Will catch up later on.

Here's the CBR Namor's 80th Anniversary Thread.
    Swwweeeeet.