Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Happy Birthday, Namor! Here's to another 80!
    As Stan Lee would say: Excelsior!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-01-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Happy Birthday Namor. I didn't know were else to ask, but he hey explained why Namor eye's are black now? Or why he attacked Stingray like he did?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Happy Birthday Namor. I didn't know were else to ask, but he hey explained why Namor eye's are black now? Or why he attacked Stingray like he did?
    We have an Invaders 2019 thread where we discuss everything that's happened and where spoilers are, but so far nothing about why his eyes go black has been revealed unless its related to his new powers (which were already revealed where he got that from in issue #2), it looks like the next issue (#4) we are going to have some kind of answer as to what Namor has been up to during his amnesic years.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

How does everyone feel about the Hydro-man powers? Will he keep them, would you like him to? I don't think I'm a fan of him keeping them permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    We have an Invaders 2019 thread where we discuss everything that's happened and where spoilers are, but so far nothing about why his eyes go black has been revealed unless its related to his new powers (which were already revealed where he got that from in issue #2), it looks like the next issue (#4) we are going to have some kind of answer as to what Namor has been up to during his amnesic years.
    Thanks. It’s appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    How does everyone feel about the Hydro-man powers? Will he keep them, would you like him to? I don't think I'm a fan of him keeping them permanently.
    Namor is a brawler and he has always been a brawler, he doesn't use his trident, which has magic, as much as he uses his fists. I actually LOVE water based powers but i wouldn't want to have every scene use that, I don't mind him keeping it cause it makes sense for him to have something like that. However I would still want Namor to punch things and people while screaming IMPERIUS REX!

Simone Bianchi MM 2018 Art of Namor: LINK

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    The Stingray stuff was just crap, IMO. Especially considering it had Namor taking in Tiger Shark who murdered his father, while almost killing one his most loyal allies and friends, Stingray.

I'm guessing that this is Jason Aaron's thing, and that it is something similar to what is happening to She-Hulk. I think there was some speculation that it was Celestial related. It could possibly be related to his prehistoric Avengers, as I recall at one point there was a cave image of a prehistoric Atlantean.

I don't think it has been addressed at all in Invaders, though you would think one of the Invaders would mentioned Namor's eyes, at the very least.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor is a brawler and he has always been a brawler, he doesn't use his trident, which has magic, as much as he uses his fists. I actually LOVE water based powers but i wouldn't want to have every scene use that, I don't mind him keeping it cause it makes sense for him to have something like that. However I would still want Namor to punch things and people while screaming IMPERIUS REX!
    I'm torn about the hydrokinesis, though, as I said elsewhere, I think Namor is having a great time using them, right now. I think it is kind of cool to see him use it, and would be pretty amazing if he got some finesse with it, especially against people with weapons. He'd be pretty unbeatable if either over hydrated people or dehydrated people. Especially the later. After all the times people have used that against him, it would be RICH if he did it to them, and kept himself hydrated instead.

I have a question ... doesn't Hydroman actually turn into water? I didn't know he could actually control other bodies of waters. I guess I need to look up his powers.

That said, as ImperiusWrecked pointed out, Namor is a brawler. I think he genuinely loves to get in fight and punch out his opponent out. There's tons of range Atlantean weapons he could use, but he'd rather go physical. It would definitely be a change to have him also basically be an elemental magic user, and maybe a bit of overkill. I'm still undecided on whether I'd like him to keep it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Simone Bianchi MM 2018 Art of Namor: LINK

I love Simon Bianchi's art. I definitely need to pick up that trading card. It's cool that Bianchi chose that card to post. Of course, it is pretty amazing, with all the sea life surrounding Namor. Thanks for posting it.

I think the hydrokinesis is an interesting part of this story, it's a cool twist, but I wouldn't want him to keep it. It's a power that is essentially so far beyond physically powerfully characters like Namor of the Thing, and he's a brawler just like you guys mentioned. Why bother duking it out with the Hulk if you can just drop a million tons of water on is head or swallow him up in a monsoon? Namor is way more fun as a guy that loves getting in a fist fight.

Well I think I'm the only one who thinks that he should keep them, he is the king of the seas, making the ocean literally obey him has a lot of sense IMO, also there is not reason to see less of the brawler Namor, he can still be the powerful hand to hand combatant that we love AND had the ocean at his disposition, that would do it basically unbeatable in water, his element, while still vulnerable on solid ground far away of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Stingray stuff was just crap, IMO. Especially considering it had Namor taking in Tiger Shark who murdered his father, while almost killing one his most loyal allies and friends, Stingray.
    I'm guessing that this is Jason Aaron's thing, and that it is something similar to what is happening to She-Hulk. I think there was some speculation that it was Celestial related. It could possibly be related to his prehistoric Avengers, as I recall at one point there was a cave image of a prehistoric Atlantean.
    Here I agree, damn, Namor can be temperamental, but he is loyal with those few person who he consider his friends and Stingray is one of those few persons, even if crazy he should care for his friends at some extent.

I'm torn about the hydrokinesis, though, as I said elsewhere, I think Namor is having a great time using them, right now. I think it is kind of cool to see him use it, and would be pretty amazing if he got some finesse with it, especially against people with weapons. He'd be pretty unbeatable if either over hydrated people or dehydrated people. Especially the later. After all the times people have used that against him, it would be RICH if he did it to them, and kept himself hydrated instead.

I have a question ... doesn't Hydroman actually turn into water? I didn't know he could actually control other bodies of waters. I guess I need to look up his powers.

That said, as ImperiusWrecked pointed out, Namor is a brawler. I think he genuinely loves to get in fight and punch out his opponent out. There's tons of range Atlantean weapons he could use, but he'd rather go physical. It would definitely be a change to have him also basically be an elemental magic user, and maybe a bit of overkill. I'm still undecided on whether I'd like him to keep it.
    Could he turn Ice Man into a marionette the way Magneto can with Wolverine? Or atomize him? I like taking these kind of discussions to their extreme conclusions, just as thought exercises.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Honestly, I think it would be fun if he doesn't really use it to fight. Personally I'd just have him do cool stuff like make seas part, or rise and his command, or use it to fling someone away. Or perhaps just make the sea mirror his mental state, so when he's angry the water is turbulent, and when he's in a good mood the seas are calm.

The idea there being that as King of the Seas, he actually commands the sea.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Boisterously Confused

You know, I've never thought about that before. WHY does he have that red star / sun burst on his chest? And the white spade shape on his helmet? I can understand why his suit is white -- most sea creatures have a white or pale underside.
    I never understood Stingray's red sunburst, but I always took the design of his mask as some sort of stylized representation of a manta ray's shape.