Page 55 of 182 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Well I think I'm the only one who thinks that he should keep them, he is the king of the seas, making the ocean literally obey him has a lot of sense IMO, also there is not reason to see less of the brawler Namor, he can still be the powerful hand to hand combatant that we love AND had the ocean at his disposition, that would do it basically unbeatable in water, his element, while still vulnerable on solid ground far away of the water.

Here I agree, damn, Namor can be temperamental, but he is loyal with those few person who he consider his friends and Stingray is one of those few persons, even if crazy he should care for his friends at some extent.
    curious. maybe the power is strongest with a natural body of water (ocean, lake, stream, river). Or maybe salt water only (no lakes, rivers). Controlling the water pressure in a house or building might be another thing entirely. But we'll see.

Certainly by the time that Namor's movie rights get sorted out, he's going to need something to distinguish him from movie Aquaman.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-04-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. maybe the power is strongest with a natural body of water (ocean, lake, stream, river). Or maybe salt water only (no lakes, rivers). Controlling the water pressure in a house or building might be another thing entirely. But we'll see.

Certainly by the time that Namor's movie rights get sorted out, he's going to need something to distinguish him from movie Aquaman.
    We've already seen Namor control the water in a building -- that's how the Roxxon murderers drowned in prison, so I don't think his hydrokinesis is limited to salt water.

But on thinking about it, I think it might be better if the power was either limited or cost something.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Butch is killing me with this art, I have never been so excited for a comic before and all these Namor expressions that he manages to capture so perfectly have me so giddy. It's so lovely, I would love a whole Namor series from him.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Butch is killing me with this art, I have never been so excited for a comic before and all these Namor expressions that he manages to capture so perfectly have me so giddy. It's so lovely, I would love a whole Namor series from him.
    That is gorgeous! Where's it from? The preview isn't up, is it?

I wonder if we are going to get a whole issue of his art, like we had a whole issue of Carlos' art in Invaders #3?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That is gorgeous! Where's it from? The preview isn't up, is it?

I wonder if we are going to get a whole issue of his art, like we had a whole issue of Carlos' art in Invaders #3?
    It is up! Of course you probably saw it now, i just cropped one panel from one of the preview pages. I sure HOPE we get alot of Guice's art since this is a flashback one, and I do like his art for Namor so much.

Saw this posted online from Avengers International Escapades, which I guess was in the Avengers this week? Not sure exactly but it's just a round up of all the teams and the Defenders of the Deep were shown. Link

It is up! Of course you probably saw it now, i just cropped one panel from one of the preview pages. I sure HOPE we get alot of Guice's art since this is a flashback one, and I do like his art for Namor so much.
    Yes! And I agree. I'm loving Guice's Namor enough to wish for him on a solo. Though ... Magno's Atlantis is gorgeous!

Well, that SOUNDS like there might be something for Namor and the Defenders of the Deep to do in future Avengers issues ... but I'm not holding my breath.

They left out Man O' War and the Piranahas! Maybe the Piranahas are Echidna's?

Am I the only one who hates Tigershark's design, or re-design?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! And I agree. I'm loving Guice's Namor enough to wish for him on a solo. Though ... Magno's Atlantis is gorgeous!

Well, that SOUNDS like there might be something for Namor and the Defenders of the Deep to do in future Avengers issues ... but I'm not holding my breath.

They left out Man O' War and the Piranahas! Maybe the Piranahas are Echidna's?
    I bet they did because Namor destroyed them? so it wouldn't make sense to leave them in if the piranaha's are dead.

Edit: Also YES! I love Mango's seascape and details and I love Guice's Namor, imagine if they did the art together for one comic? And with a good writer it would be the best comic ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I find it to be very different, I mean his old suit was just him in a tiger like outfit with sharp teeth, so having him look more sharklike is very cool. I was talking about how Namor needed an updated rogue's gallery before they revealed the new tigershark, but now I want to see Attuma, I haven't seen him in ages and I want the old Namor vs Attuma stuff back.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 04-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Namor by Stephen Segovia art is so beautiful! Link

I find it to be very different, I mean his old suit was just him in a tiger like outfit with sharp teeth, so having him look more sharklike is very cool. I was talking about how Namor needed an updated rogue's gallery before they revealed the new tigershark, but now I want to see Attuma, I haven't seen him in ages and I want the old Namor vs Attuma stuff back.
    They have struggled for years trying to somehow modernize Tigershark (and others) but have never quite been able to do it. Everyone wants so badly to lose the Kirbyesque zig-zags, but they aren't sure what to replace it with, plus that fin is just so iconic. Making him into a toad looking fishman isn't the answer either.

Attuma doesn't need much of an overhaul imo, just update his armour a bit, make him and his horde look more like weird high-tech warriors of the Eurasian steppe.

They have struggled for years trying to somehow modernize Tigershark (and others) but have never quite been able to do it. Everyone wants so badly to lose the Kirbyesque zig-zags, but they aren't sure what to replace it with, plus that fin is just so iconic. Making him into a toad looking fishman isn't the answer either.

Attuma doesn't need much of an overhaul imo, just update his armour a bit, make him and his horde look more like weird high-tech warriors of the Eurasian steppe.
    Hmm looking closely I'm not too fond of the face, I mean I like that he looks more shark like but maybe with a different artist I would have liked it more? idk how to pin it down exactly, but I just don't want Namor's foes to be constantly written as weak, I want them to be badass. I think a slightly updated look for Attuma and his tribe would be very good. The fin is still there but its really the way the head is now designed that makes me see what you mean, I think if a different artist took a shot at making him not exactly like a shark head but still terrifying it would be good. Idk, I loved the old designs but I really wanted some development in his enemies and to have Namor face them instead of constantly fighting the avengers etc.

Well, I think John Buscema's costume is classic. You can't go wrong with that. But of course, seems to want to update it, and it seems like everyone that draws Tigershark tries to draw him 'more scary,' as if a crazy human shark wasn't scary enough. There's a trend to make him more bestial, as if his altered genetics are morphing / evolving / degenerating. There was even that horrific TWO HEADED Tigershark! Though, I think that was due to magic.

One my big problems with bestial Tigershark is it usually makes him dumber -- and that's never a good thing for a rogue.

You know, now that I think of it, Jae Lee may have been the first to turn Tigershark bestial in his Namor run. Anyone remember seeing him that way before?

The last time we saw Attuma was in Fear Itself, wasn't it? Of course, he wasn't himself there. No, wait, we did see him recently! In Squadron Supreme! Where for some unexplained reason, he was allegedly allying with Namor! Yet another totally unexplained and a plot thread that was dropped, especially by James Robinson.

Which is sort of how Buscema and Kirby represented Attuma's horde.

The overhaul Attuma needs isn't his costume, so much, but his personality / motivation, and we got hints of that in a few of his past appearances. There was another cool dropped plotline where Dr. Doom resurrected Attuma during Dark Reign, when he and Namor were part of the Cabal, because Doom KNEW Namor and him would turn on each other. LOL!

There was also a short story in one of the Fear Itself the Fallen books that explained a bit of Attuma's motivation.

And of course, the previously mentioned Robinson story that went nowhere.

Hmm looking closely I'm not too fond of the face, I mean I like that he looks more shark like but maybe with a different artist I would have liked it more? idk how to pin it down exactly, but I just don't want Namor's foes to be constantly written as weak, I want them to be badass. I think a slightly updated look for Attuma and his tribe would be very good. The fin is still there but its really the way the head is now designed that makes me see what you mean, I think if a different artist took a shot at making him not exactly like a shark head but still terrifying it would be good. Idk, I loved the old designs but I really wanted some development in his enemies and to have Namor face them instead of constantly fighting the avengers etc.

Looking at this image, I have to agree with Doombot. This design of Tigershark is not the best. Cause it looks like he's wearing torn, Hulk like pants, and his 'stripes' are now ... tattoos? Plus the face IS more frog face than shark face.

I agree, giving them better motivations and not making them dumbed down would do wonders for Namor's rogues. Also Jae Lee made everyone look more savage in his run but yes, his tiger shark did have huge claws and teeth and reddish eyes, but still looked human enough.

Sharing this comic that was posted from a blog I follow that is just funny, it's a parody of Namor and the Hulk.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures - Spider-Man - Web Designers #1 (2019)