Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1841
  1. #76
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Hey everyone! I've been out of the loop on CBR for a while now and just catching up. Hope everyone had a spectacular New Year!
    OMG!!! Of Atlantis!!! It's so good to see you! I was just bemoaning your absence a few posts back! Hope everything is going well for you.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  2. #77
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm glad to see Namor being used by Marvel more often these days. I know it's something we've all be waiting for. Good to see a new thread pop up and an amazing job by Rev (good to see you active again) for their work summarizing some Namor points of interest in the first few pages. Hopefully, we'll be seeing an influx of fans flood in soon!
    Yes, the new thread/s were sprung on us without notice on New Years. I basically copied and pasted like heck for a few threads I was interested in, and am trying to update little by little.

    Thanks! It was a rough 2018 outside of fandom, and with some of the trolling that was going on at the time, I just had to take a break. Fortunately, Marvel decided to do some stuff with Namor, and it inspired me to return to the FUN side of fandom.


    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    As for X-Men: Red... I found it super disappointing. Found his role terribly minor and honestly, he could've been excluded from the book and it really wouldn't have missed much of a beat at all. I could live with the fact if Namor wasn't involved in the X-verse moving forward. I feel like his time prior to AvX with them was a pinnacle that won't be topped any time soon.
    I too was disappointed by Namor in X-Men Red. I thought we'd get more sea stuff, because Taylor likes that sort of stuff. I've got his animated series THE DEEP on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. Instead, we get a very ... neutered Namor, who appears to only be there to support Jean, for Reasons. Oh, and Seabro pun. ouch I get the feeling that Taylor hasn't actually read many Namor stories. But it does appear Namor is being moved away from the X-Office with the Invaders and Aaron's use in Avengers. So, we'll see if he gets any more respect there.


    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    But yeah Taylor pretty much left Namor out of the book. Not sure why he even asked for him outside of giving Jean a base. However, I'm pretty confident that X-Men Red will be forgotten by the end of the year. That book was pretty bad all things considered.
    X-Men Red did get love -- from Jean fans. LOL! But it's to be expected, I guess. I just thought it was a wasted opportunity.


    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I was super excited for X-Men Red and so very disappointed. This was a chance to have Namor interact with a whole group of people some of whom he hadn't ever done more than share panel time with. I was hoping Kurt and Namor would at least speak to each other in German since they both know that language but Taylor really only used Namor because he wanted Atlantis and then when it was the one issue that featured Namor nearly had it destroyed AGAIN. This book was totally Jean's book and everyone else was just her support which is why I prefer Namor not to be on a team book. Also though I do enjoy him for X-Books and being on the X-Men, there just isn't enough time to get to all of the characters and he doesn't really get much out of them.

    What Taylor could have done was play on how the Phoenix still affected Namor. It would have given us something and since Jean was the Phoenix too she and him could have made a friendship. I totally agree that even though Namor and Storm could have made a good couple it would only feed into more Namor vs Black Panther stuff, so no thanks for that.
    That was another complaint about X-Men Red. Sure, the focus is going move from team member to team member -- but WHY the heck would add MORE background team members, when you aren't giving the ones you got any attention? I mean, Gambit?? Storm??? Why are they suddenly appearing. Taylor could have cut that team in half, and done a much better job on the characters, and still made it a Jean book.

    And yes, that was again, a total waste of opportunity, between Jean and Namor on the Phoenix possession. I'd have LOVED to see Jean help Namor reconcile and get past the possession, so that we would NEVER MENTION IT AGAIN. That would have been such a great thing to help 'fix' what AvX did to the character. It would have also helped explain why Namor was helping the X-men again, considering what their alliance cost them the last time as far as Atlantis.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-06-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  3. #78
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I can explain that lol. What happened was my new job allowed me less access in front of a desktop computer. I was actually thinking I could hijack a Reddit thread for us at some point so we could freely discuss Namor through mobile quickly an easily. CBR has terrible mobile capabilities, and Twitter is honestly just has a toxic community.
    A new job sounds good! Congrats! I understand about the computer access at work, though. I also changed positions at work, and my computer time went away back in May.

    Don't say that. I've been contemplating getting on Twitter. haha. Haven't tried Reddit or done much with my phone. You'll have to let me know how that works.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Of Atlantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG!!! Of Atlantis!!! It's so good to see you! I was just bemoaning your absence a few posts back! Hope everything is going well for you.
    Can't complain! 2018 was rough, but 2019 is looking very bright!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    A new job sounds good! Congrats! I understand about the computer access at work, though. I also changed positions at work, and my computer time went away back in May.

    Don't say that. I've been contemplating getting on Twitter. haha. Haven't tried Reddit or done much with my phone. You'll have to let me know how that works.
    Thanks! And don't get me wrong, if you follow the right people, Twitter can be extremely enjoyable, but the comic fandom of Twitter in general can be obnoxious. Things become very politicized fast. Tread carefully!

    It's so great to see users new and old in this thread! Missed you guys.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

    Upcoming Reading:

    Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

  5. #80
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Sadly I think Abira isn't coming back, and the only Atlantean from his old crew (that is still alive and remembered cause Marrina isn't coming back into Namor's story unless a writer remembers they were married once) is Lady Andromeda, who I think they are just friends. I would love it if in a Namor book we could get more Andromeda, she has a good base to work off of, daughter of Attuma, turning her back on her father to be a warrior and serve Atlantis and its ruler. We could use that to have more Namor vs Attuma interactions and do more of the Atlantean court and introduce a new character (or bring back dorma) to serve as a love interest for Namor.
    I'm holding out for Abira! Not as a love interest, but she really should be on the Defenders of the Deep -- they need a magic user. I don't get the Andromeda love, though Aaron and Hickman obviously like her, but I'll take it. At least she's part of Namor's history, as you said. The Attuma connection could definitely be explored.

    You know, if they bring back Lady Dorma, I'd like her to make Namor really work for her affections. She deserves that.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-06-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #81
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Can't complain! 2018 was rough, but 2019 is looking very bright!



    Thanks! And don't get me wrong, if you follow the right people, Twitter can be extremely enjoyable, but the comic fandom of Twitter in general can be obnoxious. Things become very politicized fast. Tread carefully!

    It's so great to see users new and old in this thread! Missed you guys.
    I felt the same on returning.

    I haven't seen dzub around, though. And slowly going through the old thread, I haven't seen Chief Jon or Cold Water in even longer. I hope everything is going all right for them.

    Yes, there is that on Twitter -- but I guess it's to be expected in today's environment. Plus, of course, as you said, some people just abusing social media to be mean and obnoxious. Approach with blinders and hazmat suit, I guess. LOL!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #82
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Can't complain! 2018 was rough, but 2019 is looking very bright!


    Thanks! And don't get me wrong, if you follow the right people, Twitter can be extremely enjoyable, but the comic fandom of Twitter in general can be obnoxious. Things become very politicized fast. Tread carefully!

    It's so great to see users new and old in this thread! Missed you guys.
    Hello! Nice to meet you!

    And yeah the only reason I joined Twitter was to follow Namor stuff and I follow Magno and Chip to see if they have news about the Invaders. Chip seems to be in the right track and I was overjoyed to see him say that he wasn't interested in showing Namor as a villain so I'm really hoping for good things from this new series!


    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, the new thread/s were sprung on us without notice on New Years. I basically copied and pasted like heck for a few threads I was interested in, and am trying to update little by little.

    Thanks! It was a rough 2018 outside of fandom, and with some of the trolling that was going on at the time, I just had to take a break. Fortunately, Marvel decided to do some stuff with Namor, and it inspired me to return to the FUN side of fandom.


    I too was disappointed by Namor in X-Men Red. I thought we'd get more sea stuff, because Taylor likes that sort of stuff. I've got his animated series THE DEEP on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. Instead, we get a very ... neutered Namor, who appears to only be there to support Jean, for Reasons. Oh, and Seabro pun. ouch I get the feeling that Taylor hasn't actually read many Namor stories. But it does appear Namor is being moved away from the X-Office with the Invaders and Aaron's use in Avengers. So, we'll see if he gets any more respect there.


    X-Men Red did get love -- from Jean fans. LOL! But it's to be expected, I guess. I just thought it was a wasted opportunity.


    That was another complaint about X-Men Red. Sure, the focus is going move from team member to team member -- but WHY the heck would add MORE background team members, when you aren't giving the ones you got any attention? I mean, Gambit?? Storm??? Why are they suddenly appearing. Taylor could have cut that team in half, and done a much better job on the characters, and still made it a Jean book.

    And yes, that was again, a total waste of opportunity, between Jean and Namor on the Phoenix possession. I'd have LOVED to see Jean help Namor reconcile and get past the possession, so that we would NEVER MENTION IT AGAIN. That would have been such a great thing to help 'fix' what AvX did to the character. It would have also helped explain why Namor was helping the X-men again, considering what their alliance cost them the last time as far as Atlantis.
    Exactly!!! I was like this would have been perfect to have Namor finally come to terms with his possession and then we could move forward, the opportunity was so wasted that I feel he shouldn't have been in the book at all, he could have just been in the first issue and given them a base which was all they really used him for.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  8. #83
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm holding out for Abira! Not as a love interest, but she really should be on the Defenders of the Deep -- they need a magic user. I don't get the Andromeda love, though Aaron and Hickman obviously like her, but I'll take it. At least she's part of Namor's history, as you said. The Attuma connection could definitely be explored.

    You know, if they bring back Lady Dorma, I'd like her to make Namor really work for her affections. She deserves that.
    Dorma deserves it and so much more!!! I feel Namor and Abira could be friends since it was made clear that she wasn't going to pursue any romantic stuff by the end of the series.

    Lady Andromeda! How I LOVE her, such a small underrated character and just hasn't been used well enough imo. She could connect more of the Atlantean Court and its people, since her mother was an unnamed Atlantean noblewoman, and her turning from her father Attuma's side and to find the rightful Ruler and pledge to fight for the people of Atlantis is so good. She could be the ally that Namor needs, he has zero people on his side and that needs to change.

    People I would love to see make a comeback:

    - Vashti (old uncle/foster father/paternal adviser figure and friend)
    - Argos. (battle hardened and old warrior/trainer and keeper of weapons)
    - Lady Andromeda (she could become the captain of the guard for Namor's army/and become dorma's peersonal guard and friend)
    - Dorma (love interest and I would want to see more from her eyes in the Atlantean court)
    - Jian (Namor's personal guard/warrior)
    - Attuma (Namor's enemy)
    - Krang (also an enemy and I would not mind seeing Dorma fight him for what he has done in the past, lol)
    - Abira (logomancer, teacher, court wizard, and friend)

    Marvel needs to give Namor more allies on his side to fight whatever enemies he has and mixing the ones from Sub-Mariner (2007) argos, with the old crew (dorma, vashti, andromeda) and the new mutant one (Jian, abira) would be such a good mix and I do want to see more lady atlanteans, and these three (dorma. abira, and andromeda) would be so different, each would have their own roles, magic user, warrior and potential queen.

    And of course we need the royal princesses back with Namora and Namorita!

    A good cast and new adventures would be the right way to put Namor back on track, and if we could limit any and all surface interactions it would be so much better too.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-06-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  9. #84
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Exactly!!! I was like this would have been perfect to have Namor finally come to terms with his possession and then we could move forward, the opportunity was so wasted that I feel he shouldn't have been in the book at all, he could have just been in the first issue and given them a base which was all they really used him for.
    It is just annoying that the character gets trashed in an event, or two really, and we don't get to see it get fixed -- worse, it isn't fixed. But again, we NEED a solo. Nothing is going to happen to advance the character specifically without one.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  10. #85
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Dorma deserves it and so much more!!! I feel Namor and Abira could be friends since it was made clear that she wasn't going to pursue any romantic stuff by the end of the series.
    I don't know. Dorma can be very ... jealous. Besides, IIRC, being a Logmancer makes one, less of social, cuts a person off from their emotions.


    [QUOTE=ImperiusWrecked;4120119Lady Andromeda! How I LOVE her, such a small underrated character and just hasn't been used well enough imo. She could connect more of the Atlantean Court and its people, since her mother was an unnamed Atlantean noblewoman, and her turning from her father Attuma's side and to find the rightful Ruler and pledge to fight for the people of Atlantis is so good. She could be the ally that Namor needs, he has zero people on his side and that needs to change.[/QUOTE]

    Obviously, I need to read more about Andromeda. I thought she was entirely barbarian.


    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    People I would love to see make a comeback:

    - Vashti (old uncle/foster father/paternal adviser figure and friend)
    - Argos. (battle hardened and old warrior/trainer and keeper of weapons)
    - Lady Andromeda (she could become the captain of the guard for Namor's army/and become dorma's peersonal guard and friend)
    - Dorma (love interest and I would want to see more from her eyes in the Atlantean court)
    - Jian (Namor's personal guard/warrior)
    - Attuma (Namor's enemy)
    - Krang (also an enemy and I would not mind seeing Dorma fight him for what he has done in the past, lol)
    - Abira (logomancer, teacher, court wizard, and friend)

    Marvel needs to give Namor more allies on his side to fight whatever enemies he has and mixing the ones from Sub-Mariner (2007) argos, with the old crew (dorma, vashti, andromeda) and the new mutant one (Jian, abira) would be such a good mix and I do want to see more lady atlanteans, and these three (dorma. abira, and andromeda) would be so different, each would have their own roles, magic user, warrior and potential queen.

    And of course we need the royal princesses back with Namora and Namorita!

    A good cast and new adventures would be the right way to put Namor back on track, and if we could limit any and all surface interactions it would be so much better too.
    I'd be happy to see all of those characters back. I really wish Zdarsky had used some of them in the Defenders book, instead of the news ones he made up. Krang is kind of interesting, because IIRC, he was sort of being "redeemed" in Stuart Moore's book. Of course, Robinson was doing something weird with Attuma also, but I'm fine with completely ignoring that mess.

    I'd also add Loa to the cast. Or if not, then have her returned to her air breather status.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  11. #86
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't know. Dorma can be very ... jealous. Besides, IIRC, being a Logmancer makes one, less of social, cuts a person off from their emotions.

    Obviously, I need to read more about Andromeda. I thought she was entirely barbarian.

    I'd be happy to see all of those characters back. I really wish Zdarsky had used some of them in the Defenders book, instead of the news ones he made up. Krang is kind of interesting, because IIRC, he was sort of being "redeemed" in Stuart Moore's book. Of course, Robinson was doing something weird with Attuma also, but I'm fine with completely ignoring that mess.

    I'd also add Loa to the cast. Or if not, then have her returned to her air breather status.
    I honestly forgot about Loa, lol, but yes she would be a good addition too, but she seems to have dropped off into comic limbo, I haven't seen her around for a while, but then I'm not following the X-Men books so much these days.

    Yes, Dorma can get very jealous and while Abira might not be close friends with Namor I feel there would at least be a friendly respect towards one another?

    Andromeda spent some time out of Atlantis too, doing her own adventures, and briefly with the Defenders, (I can't recall the exact issue but I think they do mention her mother at some point while she was on her own, who was a noblewoman of Atlantis) and she confronts her father in battle in X-Factor Annual #4:

    attuma fights andromeda.jpg

    attuma fights andromeda2.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  12. #87
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I honestly forgot about Loa, lol, but yes she would be a good addition too, but she seems to have dropped off into comic limbo, I haven't seen her around for a while, but then I'm not following the X-Men books so much these days.

    Yes, Dorma can get very jealous and while Abira might not be close friends with Namor I feel there would at least be a friendly respect towards one another?

    Andromeda spent some time out of Atlantis too, doing her own adventures, and briefly with the Defenders, (I can't recall the exact issue but I think they do mention her mother at some point while she was on her own, who was a noblewoman of Atlantis) and she confronts her father in battle in X-Factor Annual #4:

    attuma fights andromeda.jpg

    attuma fights andromeda2.jpg
    Those are pretty pages... by John Byrne? Thanks for posting them.

    I just saw her on some Defenders covers, the New Defenders. And I know she was in the later 90s Namor book, the later issues ... with a very short hair cut.

    Oh, I'm sure Lady Dorma would insist on respect, friendly or otherwise. LOL!

    Loa is in comic limbo because she was made a water breather, and we don't have a book for the water breathers. Though, to be fair, I don't think the rest of her X-student class is doing much either. There's just too many mutants and each new teen class seems to get forgotten.

    I was always curious about Loa, though, and if she has any connection to Llyra, who is also from Hawaii. And then, of course, there was that cool connection to Betty Dean.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Tell me about young Namor. Saw this cover a long time ago but not gonna say anything in case it's underage

    DIG019142_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

  14. #89
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tell me about young Namor. Saw this cover a long time ago but not gonna say anything in case it's underage

    DIG019142_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    That particular take on Young Namor, and there have been a few, appeared in something Marvel called the Tsunami line, which was allegedly aimed at manga readers. I'm pretty sure this book was aimed at a younger audience also. It had great art by Salvador LaRocca, and beautiful covers. But I didn't care for the story so much, as I wasn't the target audience -- but I have heard from fans who loved it and were introduced to Namor via the book. I tend to consider it out of continuity, as it contradicts so much that has come before it.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  15. #90
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    8,393

    Default

    I went by the LCB store and found this on the shelf! He didn't have it marked up or anything. I still hope we get a big poster of all 9 interlocking covers Noto did.


    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •