Page 63 of 182 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

I love the Invaders as much as the next guy, but I feel like maybe you can only mine those handful of years for stories so much.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

NAMOR IS GETTING A FUNKO POP! Jim too!!! Twitter Link

I remember we talked about how Namor should have a line of Funko pops or more merch and I just saw this. This is great!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHHH. MORE INVADERS. This is a great year to be an Invaders fan. Link

I've been reposting this everywhere cause I am excited!!!
    Hmmmm. I am wondering where this site got this information. I haven't seen anything about it elsewhere. And I'm STUNNED, that Marvel would put out two Invaders books at one time, especially since I don't see them pushing the wonderful one they have now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, because I'd love to see more of Namor and the Invaders, but color me skeptical.

Also, WHERE IS MY NAMOR BOOK????
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love the Invaders as much as the next guy, but I feel like maybe you can only mine those handful of years for stories so much.
    Yeah, and I love Invaders but I really do want a Namor solo, but we can't have that then Invaders is the next best thing.

NAMOR IS GETTING A FUNKO POP! Jim too!!! Twitter Link

I remember we talked about how Namor should have a line of Funko pops or more merch and I just saw this. This is great!
    Okay, THIS is long overdue. FINALLY!!!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmmm. I am wondering where this site got this information. I haven't seen anything about it elsewhere. And I'm STUNNED, that Marvel would put out two Invaders books at one time, especially since I don't see them pushing the wonderful one they have now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, because I'd love to see more of Namor and the Invaders, but color me skeptical.

Also, WHERE IS MY NAMOR BOOK????
    The news was initially announced on the Roy Thomas Appreciation board over on Facebook. Here's a link and I'm happy to say that this news has been confirmed by Roy's agent, John Cimino. It's a good day to be a Roy Thomas fan AND an Invaders fan!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6640...?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    The news was initially announced on the Roy Thomas Appreciation board over on Facebook. Here's a link and I'm happy to say that this news has been confirmed by Roy's agent, John Cimino. It's a good day to be a Roy Thomas fan AND an Invaders fan!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6640...?ref=bookmarks
    Thanks for the link, but that's a closed group. I'll have to see if my Facebook account still works.

However, glad to see it up somewhere else. Did they say if it was an ongoing or a one shot or a mini-series?

I love Roy Thomas work, but I really don't want to see this replace Zdarsky's book.

Yeah, and I love Invaders but I really do want a Namor solo, but we can't have that then Invaders is the next best thing.
    If Marvel is putting out TWO Invaders ongoings, there's something else behind it, i.e. MCU SYNERGY!

If Marvel is putting out TWO Invaders ongoings, there's something else behind it, i.e. MCU SYNERGY!
    An Invaders movie is the best way to get Namor into the movies unless its a solo, cause he isn't cast as a villain like with the FF or Avengers. I'm just hoping this funko pop news, and more Invaders, leads to an ongoing solo. I don't want Zdarsky's book to end either but so far I haven't seen anything for info past issue 6?

An Invaders movie is the best way to get Namor into the movies unless its a solo, cause he isn't cast as a villain like with the FF or Avengers. I'm just hoping this funko pop news, and more Invaders, leads to an ongoing solo. I don't want Zdarsky's book to end either but so far I haven't seen anything for info past issue 6?
    Me either.

But from the title of this Invaders book (The Bahamas sub-title), I'm thinking this is probably a mini-series, rather than an ongoing. But again, there's never been a time when there were TWO Invaders books, mini-series or not, at the same time.

Also we have the Avengers Endgame Invaders reprint issue that came out .... Hmmmmmm.

Mighty Member

Here is the full comic of Wings on his Feet! I thought you might like to read it Thor-El.

Attachment 81227

Attachment 81228

Attachment 81229
    Thank you, this story and art are fantastic! Some of the best Everett I've seen! Also the page from Saga of the Submariner is also pretty good, now I wonder why I never finished this mini series.

Mighty Member

Me either.

But from the title of this Invaders book (The Bahamas sub-title), I'm thinking this is probably a mini-series, rather than an ongoing. But again, there's never been a time when there were TWO Invaders books, mini-series or not, at the same time.

Also we have the Avengers Endgame Invaders reprint issue that came out .... Hmmmmmm.
    The way everybody is talking about how good Zdarsky Invaders is Marvel would be very dumb to cancel this book, unless Zdarski wants to pursue other projects which would really be heartbreaking. Of course a Namor ongoing would be better.

About that second Invaders series, Roy Thomas, the Invaders creator, very old school and very knowledgeable and respectful of the golden age so this Invaders second series could be interesting t but like you I still want Zdarsky Invaders to continue.

Mighty Member

Are you guys sure this report of a second Invaders book is accurate? Marvel is making a bunch of one shots books with classic Writer/artist from the past like Claremont with Sienkiewicz on a New Mutants one shot, there is a Roy Thomas one shot on that group. I bet its this Invaders comic with Ordway. That sounds more real than a second Invaders ongoing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...utm_content=PN

Oh man, i was hoping for at least a miniseries with the new Invaders but if its a one shot that is still good, just I got very excited over it and it does seem to be confirmed its happening but just not what it is exactly? A mini or a one shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The way everybody is talking about how good Zdarsky Invaders is Marvel would be very dumb to cancel this book, unless Zdarski wants to pursue other projects which would really be heartbreaking. Of course a Namor ongoing would be better.

About that second Invaders series, Roy Thomas, the Invaders creator, very old school and very knowledgeable and respectful of the golden age so this Invaders second series could be interesting t but like you I still want Zdarsky Invaders to continue.
    Like I said, generally, I love Roy Thomas' work, and he was the originator for the Invaders, but I'm not so sure his take would succeed in today's market. I don't know if his last run was intended to be only four issues, back in the 1990s, but I don't think it sold that well. Zdarsky's at least got the critical acclaim and pretty decent numbers for today's market. They definitely have two different approaches, and I wish the market would support both, but sadly, I don't think that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Are you guys sure this report of a second Invaders book is accurate? Marvel is making a bunch of one shots books with classic Writer/artist from the past like Claremont with Sienkiewicz on a New Mutants one shot, there is a Roy Thomas one shot on that group. I bet its this Invaders comic with Ordway. That sounds more real than a second Invaders ongoing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...utm_content=PN
    Yep, that sounds more likely. And I will definitely pick up that trade paperback. Also, I LOVED Roy's Namor story in the 70th Anniversary Subby one shot. Great stuff. I can't wait to see what he and Ordway, who I don't think has ever drawn Namor, will do.

Oh man, i was hoping for at least a miniseries with the new Invaders but if its a one shot that is still good, just I got very excited over it and it does seem to be confirmed its happening but just not what it is exactly? A mini or a one shot?
    I'm thinking it is a one-shot. And yes, I'm very happy to get it!

Now ... WHERE IS MY NAMOR BOOK?!