Page 64 of 182 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

I'm curious, if you were able to have control of a Sub-Mariner book as an ongoing, what would be the first thing you would do? Say you had at least 3 main story arcs and however many subplots and themes you wished to explore. What would you do, what happens to the world of the Sub-Mariner in your hands?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm curious, if you were able to have control of a Sub-Mariner book as an ongoing, what would be the first thing you would do? Say you had at least 3 main story arcs and however many subplots and themes you wished to explore. What would you do, what happens to the world of the Sub-Mariner in your hands?
    I really really want a new Namor ongoing, and if I had any kind of control, I would freaking WORLD BUILD. I have a ton of ideas but this is one of them. We need to rebuild Namor's main cast in Atlantis again.

1. Arc 1: As far as we currently know Namorita is alive in the pages of the FF it may have been an au Nita but that still means she hasn't shown up in the main verse (OR SAW HER MOTHER). SO the first story arc would start with Namor trying to repair his broken home and family. We could have the focus on Namora finally saying 'enough is enough' and going to Namor to declare she is bringing her daughter home, then she and Namor teaming up with Vashti and Abiria to find a way to bring Nita back home. We could have Nita in a hell scape or after life world, trying to come back, Namor finally gets to save his little cousin the way he wasn't able to before. This would include Namor coming in touch more with Atlantean gods, bring in Cleito and Neptune, and Namor trying to navigate the spiritual side of Atlantis. We don't have much for their beliefs and customs and this would be a great way to showcase their culture and magic. Nita is finally home but at the cost of the trust of Namor's people who don't believe the dead should have been disturbed, maybe its taboo to bring back people since so many others have lost people but they never came back?

2. Arc 2: It would focus on the real world side, Namora at this point was called away to help the agents of atlas and was sad that nita hadnt wanted to join her but we do get some family time. Nita is back and acting strangely, maybe something happened to her while she was gone, and meanwhile Namor is being distracted by Attuma hearing that Namor had gone off to save Nita and tried to overtake Atlantis, the rift in his people who think he did something wrong maybe its stirred up by Krang whispering in people's ears. I would focus on Andromeda trying to navigate her loyalty to the crown and maybe have her going on a quest to finally end her father's terror once and all. Namor is pulled into her quest to and they are both beaten by Attuma, this arc ends with Attuma taking control of Atlantis and the ocean by trying to marry Nita who has a claim to the throne so he can legitimize himself, I would have Namor thrown into the depths or something, maybe going up against the faceless ones, and having to work with Andromeda to survive.

3. Arc 3: Would be Namor's big comeback, we could find out more about what is going on with Nita (idk maybe bad magic or something from being revived), Namor fighting Attuma in ritual combat to take control of the throne. I would have other storylines working as well but this would be the main focus. I really think that having more time in Atlantis and making us care about the characters is important to make this series work.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Not an easy question to answer for a variety of reasons. I shall think on a reply.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I really really want a new Namor ongoing, and if I had any kind of control, I would freaking WORLD BUILD. I have a ton of ideas but this is one of them. We need to rebuild Namor's main cast in Atlantis again.

1. Arc 1: As far as we currently know Namorita is alive in the pages of the FF it may have been an au Nita but that still means she hasn't shown up in the main verse (OR SAW HER MOTHER). SO the first story arc would start with Namor trying to repair his broken home and family. We could have the focus on Namora finally saying 'enough is enough' and going to Namor to declare she is bringing her daughter home, then she and Namor teaming up with Vashti and Abiria to find a way to bring Nita back home. We could have Nita in a hell scape or after life world, trying to come back, Namor finally gets to save his little cousin the way he wasn't able to before. This would include Namor coming in touch more with Atlantean gods, bring in Cleito and Neptune, and Namor trying to navigate the spiritual side of Atlantis. We don't have much for their beliefs and customs and this would be a great way to showcase their culture and magic. Nita is finally home but at the cost of the trust of Namor's people who don't believe the dead should have been disturbed, maybe its taboo to bring back people since so many others have lost people but they never came back?

2. Arc 2: It would focus on the real world side, Namora at this point was called away to help the agents of atlas and was sad that nita hadnt wanted to join her but we do get some family time. Nita is back and acting strangely, maybe something happened to her while she was gone, and meanwhile Namor is being distracted by Attuma hearing that Namor had gone off to save Nita and tried to overtake Atlantis, the rift in his people who think he did something wrong maybe its stirred up by Krang whispering in people's ears. I would focus on Andromeda trying to navigate her loyalty to the crown and maybe have her going on a quest to finally end her father's terror once and all. Namor is pulled into her quest to and they are both beaten by Attuma, this arc ends with Attuma taking control of Atlantis and the ocean by trying to marry Nita who has a claim to the throne so he can legitimize himself, I would have Namor thrown into the depths or something, maybe going up against the faceless ones, and having to work with Andromeda to survive.

3. Arc 3: Would be Namor's big comeback, we could find out more about what is going on with Nita (idk maybe bad magic or something from being revived), Namor fighting Attuma in ritual combat to take control of the throne. I would have other storylines working as well but this would be the main focus. I really think that having more time in Atlantis and making us care about the characters is important to make this series work.
    Namor as the warrior king he is, Namora, Namorita and Attuma! I'm in!

There is a new article on the upcoming one shot Invaders. And Roy Thomas is definitely interested in writing an Invaders ongoing.

"Trust me on this: This story is not going to rewrite or undercut any INVADERS stories I wrote or edited in the 1970s or ’90s. Eventually, if Marvel ever decided on a new INVADERS reprint edition with this special added to the front of the series, it would fit relatively seamlessly in place."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...utm_content=PN

Sword and Sorcery style epic with hints of Lovecraft.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Namor was mentioned in Spider-Man Life Story #2. In that AU, Sue dumped Reed for him!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

For sure I would establish Namor as one of the strongest heroes, if not the strongest in the Marvel Universe. A rematch with Hyperion and then a fight with the Immortal Hulk would for sure be in the cards. Then develop the old school supervillains like Attuma, Krang, Orka, Tiger Shark, Tyrak, bring some continuity from the Golden Age to the present trying to find interesting characters from those comics. I also love the ideas from Imperius Wrecked of incorporating Namora and Namorita, I would have Namor depend on them more for administration of the realm letting him concentrate on the battlefront and superheroics that extend to the land, of course them being warriors on their own right would be helping Namor on adventures on and off.

This panel in today's War of Realms explains how Roxxon was on the bad guy's side, Malekith, so I'm just happy to say, Namor was right to kill them. Sorry Avengers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    For sure I would establish Namor as one of the strongest heroes, if not the strongest in the Marvel Universe. A rematch with Hyperion and then a fight with the Immortal Hulk would for sure be in the cards. Then develop the old school supervillains like Attuma, Krang, Orka, Tiger Shark, Tyrak, bring some continuity from the Golden Age to the present trying to find interesting characters from those comics. I also love the ideas from Imperius Wrecked of incorporating Namora and Namorita, I would have Namor depend on them more for administration of the realm letting him concentrate on the battlefront and superheroics that extend to the land, of course them being warriors on their own right would be helping Namor on adventures on and off.
    Namor totally needs a family support system or something with the courts that would handle things when he gets called away on adventures!

How does Roxxon even function as a company? Meaning how are they still operating? They do the most blatantly illegal ####. Always.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namor was mentioned in Spider-Man Life Story #2. In that AU, Sue dumped Reed for him!
    From what I was told Namor didn't appear, but then usually in AU's Namor and sue always get paired up.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    How does Roxxon even function as a company? Meaning how are they still operating? They do the most blatantly illegal ####. Always.
    I don't even know. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Sword and Sorcery style epic with hints of Lovecraft.
    Yup, 100%

I agree with Imperius in that my first instinct would be world building. I can't think of a character that comes from a unique corner of the MU that has been around so long and had so little development in terms of society and environment. Marvel's oceans and Atlantis need serious attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Interesting. What do most people think about Namor's strength these days? Has he diminished as other powerhouses continue to become more powerful? Should he be on Thor/Hulk levels of sheer strength? Over the years both Hulk and Thor's powers have not only expanded, with all kinds of variations and expansions of power sets, but their basic strength has as well. Where does poor ol' Subby stand, and where should he stand in your opinion?

I think in terms of raw strength Thor and Hulk should be stronger, however Namor should be much more agile, and since he's used to moving in fully 3D environment he should be much more unpredictable.

That said, when you get into that level of strength I'm not sure raw physical power means all that much, so it would mostly be an "any given Sunday" situation if they faced off.
    Pull List: