Page 72 of 182 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It's was posted last week on the new fyeahinvaders blog and I hope the new followers there will write in, I will be posting it again this week and trying my best to get some kind of interest going. The email address is: mheroes@marvel.com and I totally agree that Namor needs a series now, he should have had one already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks for posting this address. Just added my voice, erm e-mail. Marvel's first superheroe deserves to have his solo series.
    You guys are the best!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thor-El and whoever else is interested. The Free Comic Book Day Marvel books, with the cameo of Namor and the Defenders of the Deep, are now free on Comixology ... and probably their own site.

https://www.comixology.com/Free-Comi...kl1oIxmuVsB0c0
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thor-El and whoever else is interested. The Free Comic Book Day Marvel books, with the cameo of Namor and the Defenders of the Deep, are now free on Comixology ... and probably their own site.

https://www.comixology.com/Free-Comi...kl1oIxmuVsB0c0
    Thanks, Rev, you are the best! Thanks for this link. Namor actually is in a couple more panels and the artwork is pretty great. Seems like his battle with the squadron might continue in the Avengers title. I was a bit disappointed by that silly Brood Thor character, all the other avengers look pretty cool but Thor. Hopefully this team won't be too important in the story but I must confess I haven't been reading Avengers so meh. I'll be picking it up if Namor story continues there. I have been reading the new Invaders and the issue that came out today was awesome. They also had in the store a $1.00 reprint of Invaders #1 by Thomas and Robbins which I grabbed too. I had forgotten that the Invaders first story was in a Giant Size though, so that #1 wasn't exactly their first appearance as I thought when I picked this reprint.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Awesome! Thanks Rev! I do hope that if Namor's story is continued we can see him mop the floor with Hyperion.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks, Rev, you are the best! Thanks for this link. Namor actually is in a couple more panels and the artwork is pretty great. Seems like his battle with the squadron might continue in the Avengers title. I was a bit disappointed by that silly Brood Thor character, all the other avengers look pretty cool but Thor. Hopefully this team won't be too important in the story but I must confess I haven't been reading Avengers so meh. I'll be picking it up if Namor story continues there. I have been reading the new Invaders and the issue that came out today was awesome. They also had in the store a $1.00 reprint of Invaders #1 by Thomas and Robbins which I grabbed too. I had forgotten that the Invaders first story was in a Giant Size though, so that #1 wasn't exactly their first appearance as I thought when I picked this reprint.
    Awesome! Thanks Rev! I do hope that if Namor's story is continued we can see him mop the floor with Hyperion.
    I was looking for the issue myself, and am always happy to share.

I agree entirely, IW!

I usually like Caselli's art and his Namor. I think he drew a couple of the Hickman New Avengers issues.

It does look like Aaron is going to use Namor to fight the SS. I just hope he isn't using Namor to give the SS someone to trounce. The way things are going now, I'm more than happy for the SS to trounce the Avengers instead. LOL!

I'm okay with an occasional alternate dimension / time travel story, but that seems to be something Aaron is overusing. I mean, we've got those prehistoric Avengers, which I don't care for, and we've had future Avengers repeatedly, including future Phoenix Wolverine, and now this weird Space Avengers, and yes Brood Thor is just wrong --- it just seems Aaron is more interested in writing a What If book rather than an Avengers book. And Corsair Cap is also, just wrong -- for both characters.

I also picked up that Invaders reprint! As well as the Defenders facsimile reprint. But I want to know why getting a reprint of the ads costs me $5 for the Defenders and getting a straight reprint of the Invaders costs me a $1. What's up with that, Marvel?

A recently finished Namor gif you can see it move here since I can't seem to make it work.

snownamorgif.jpg

Also I see a lot of creators have been announced for marvels 80th, 1000 thing in august but I have no clue what they are going to be doing, does anyone? Chip was also a part of that and I hope we can have SOMETHING for Namor cause if they ignore him for this big thing then I will be very salty.

Russell Dauterman posted lineart of Namor vs the lava sharks. twitter

I would love a namor solo book with their art.

A recently finished Namor gif you can see it move here since I can't seem to make it work.

snownamorgif.jpg

Also I see a lot of creators have been announced for marvels 80th, 1000 thing in august but I have no clue what they are going to be doing, does anyone? Chip was also a part of that and I hope we can have SOMETHING for Namor cause if they ignore him for this big thing then I will be very salty.
    Haven't heard anything yet on the Marvel #1000 yet. But there better be at LEAST one page with Namor. There should be plenty more, but if there isn't one, I'm tossing a table! ;p

I LOVE that gif! One of my favorite panels. He may be an evil scientists, but he is speaking the TRUTH there now.

Russell Dauterman posted lineart of Namor vs the lava sharks. twitter

I would love a namor solo book with their art.
    This is the only reason why I want Namor in Aaron's War of the Realms. Dauterman draws gorgeously!

Haven't heard anything yet on the Marvel #1000 yet. But there better be at LEAST one page with Namor. There should be plenty more, but if there isn't one, I'm tossing a table! ;p

I LOVE that gif! One of my favorite panels. He may be an evil scientists, but he is speaking the TRUTH there now.
    Thanks! It's probably my favorite Jae Lee panel Also here is a link that was announced today from newsarama that says:

Marvel Comics has announced Marvel Comics #1000, an August one-shot celebrating the publisher's 80-year history which kicked off with October 1939's Marvel Comics #1.

As announced in the New York Times, Marvel Comics #1000 will be 80 pages in length, with each page assembled by a different creative team - announced in a string of teasers earlier this week. This one-shot appears to be the "idea" Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski was referring to when he declared his plans to sell a million copies of a comic book.

“This is by far the most complex and complicated and difficult book I’ve ever had to assemble,” said Marvel Comics Executive Editor Tom Brevoort.

“Our characters are mentioned in so many different ways and in so many different mediums and we always keep track," added Cebulski. “Now these distinguished individuals are able to contribute back to the comics they grew up on."

Al Ewing will write multiple pages of the one-shot, which is described as an "intricate jigsaw puzzle," and was one of the architects of the issue's overarching story, which involves an artifact called the "Eternity Mask."

Credit: Alex Ross (Marvel Comics)
    “This is the kind of honor that doesn’t really come that often,” said Ewing.

The "Eternity Mask" does not appear to be a previously mentioned aspect of Marvel lore, though the cosmic being Eternity has played a key role in stories throughout Marvel history.

Marvel Comics #1 debuted in October 1939, and its title was quickly changed to Marvel Mystery Comics with the second issue. With issue #93, the title was changed again to Marvel Tales, and the series ultimately ended in 1957 with Marvel Tales #93. The titles Marvel Comics, Marvel Mystery Comics, and Marvel Tales, have been brought back intermittently over the decades for one-shots and short runs.

Marvel has not shown their 'math' for the one-shot's "#1000" numbering, but according to Brevoort, the title is "symbolic."

“More than anything, it was a symbolic thing,” he explained.

The #1000 numbering seems based on the recent successes of DC's Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000.

Marvel Comics #1000 is due out in August.
    So even though neither Namor who was Marvel's first superhero, nor the Fantastic Four, who is Marvel's first family and the start of the silver age and beginning of the modern marvel are shown or featured on the cover they will most likely show up in the book. Here is the cover by Alex Ross:

Honestly I am salty but not surprised that Namor was totally ignored for the cover, but we can five xmen, and others and not a single fantastic four member? not even doom? *sighes* they better do good inside the book especially with Namor!

This is the only reason why I want Namor in Aaron's War of the Realms. Dauterman draws gorgeously!
    Agreed!!!

Thanks! It's probably my favorite Jae Lee panel Also here is a link that was announced today from newsarama that says:

So even though neither Namor who was Marvel's first superhero, nor the Fantastic Four, who is Marvel's first family and the start of the silver age and beginning of the modern marvel are shown or featured on the cover they will most likely show up in the book. Here is the cover by Alex Ross:

Honestly I am salty but not surprised that Namor was totally ignored for the cover, but we can five xmen, and others and not a single fantastic four member? not even doom? *sighes* they better do good inside the book especially with Namor!
    The fact that Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Gwen, and Miles are on a #1000 cover in of itself is an insult to tons of core Marvel characters. They seem so out of place.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Agreed!!!
    Yes, its sad and looking as it was Alex Ross the one making this promo you know that Namor would have looked badass. In Marvelocity, Ross says Namor is one of his favorite childhood Marvel characters, so much that he has used his own face as the template for some of his Namor paintings.

Looks like Namor has an appearance in War of the Realms: Strikeforce: War Avengers #1 coming out next week, I think. Preview here:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ar-avengers-1/

The important page. ;p

This seems to explain how the WoR actually got to Atlantis. Courtesy of one my not so fave characters.

However, the rest of this 'team' has several of my favorites, so I wouldn't mind seeing them interact with NuNamor.

Plus, Dennis Hopeless is another fan of Namor, I believe. He always tries to sneak Namor into things. And I think one of the artists is the same guy who did Secret Wars House of M.

Looks like Namor has an appearance in War of the Realms: Strikeforce: War Avengers #1 coming out next week, I think. Preview here:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ar-avengers-1/

The important page. ;p

This seems to explain how the WoR actually got to Atlantis. Courtesy of one my not so fave characters.
    Thanks rev!!! I was super excited to see the shorter hair on Namor, he almost looks like himself, except for the black eyes and dark armor, lol, can't wait until he is back in his green speedo. I will be looking forward to this to see if there is more of him.

Comic Geek in General

I wonder.....will the X-Men encounter Namor after July (Either in a guest appearance in say Avengers or Invaders, with say Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Charles Xavier (who’s back, but in hiding for now) confronting him or maybe in House of X? Or will Uncanny continue in the tactic of bridging the gap between the end of Age of X-Man/ Uncanny #22 and House of X #1, and the inevitable confrontation between Namor and more of his former teammates happen?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I wonder.....will the X-Men encounter Namor after July (Either in a guest appearance in say Avengers or Invaders, with say Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Charles Xavier (who’s back, but in hiding for now) confronting him or maybe in House of X? Or will Uncanny continue in the tactic of bridging the gap between the end of Age of X-Man/ Uncanny #22 and House of X #1, and the inevitable confrontation between Namor and more of his former teammates happen?
    There doesn't seem to be any space for the X-men meeting Namor any time soon. And there's a decent chance that the X-men are going off-world, and if that's the case I don't see how Namor would even meet them.