Page 75 of 182 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2721

What happened to Llyra, where is she now? Who is currently ruling Lemuria? Last time I saw a pic of her she was a snakewoman.
    Last edited by Doombot; 05-19-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Comic Geek in General

Have they had Namorita (who’s back thanks to time travel shenanigans, thank Nova) reconnect with Namor yet?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    In truth is better to keep her alive cause she is one of the most evil cunning villains Namor has which always ups the stakes in any Namor story. And speaking about Dorma, I just checked out a story in Defenders classic #93 were Nebulon tricks Namor and the Defenders passing as Dorma. But the real treat was finding how the MCU used Nebulon's true shape for the creature in the opening sequence of Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 as I hadn't seen his true shape before I checked that issue.
    Llyra is totally Namor's biggest foe, I mean Attuma is a threat but he is all brute force while Llyra is very cunning and tricky, so I want to see her back again for some time, and build her up as a big bad once more before Namor finally ends her, but you know comics, it wouldn't be long till she was back again, if Namor had an ongoing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What happened to Llyra, where is she now? Who is currently ruling Lemuria? Last time I saw a pic of her she was a snakewoman.
    I think Snakewoman Llyra was in Mystic Arcana right? Just one panel of her I saw, and she was in a few flashback panels since then just whenever Namora spoke of her or Namor thought of her but nothing new. Her last real on panel confrontation with Namor was in Fantastic Four Unlimited #11 at least that is what I know.

llyra 2.jpg

llyra.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Have they had Namorita (who’s back thanks to time travel shenanigans, thank Nova) reconnect with Namor yet?
    Didn't that Nita go back to her own time? And there hadn't been any sighting of Nita since then until this recent Fantastic Four series where we see a glimpse of Nita in the background, who hasn't reconnected with Namor yet, and is probably a alternate universe Nita? Or was Nita once again recently shown with Nova? I don't keep up with Nova to know for sure but if you could tell me the issue so I could check it out?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

In truth is better to keep her alive cause she is one of the most evil cunning villains Namor has which always ups the stakes in any Namor story. And speaking about Dorma, I just checked out a story in Defenders classic #93 were Nebulon tricks Namor and the Defenders passing as Dorma. But the real treat was finding how the MCU used Nebulon's true shape for the creature in the opening sequence of Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 as I hadn't seen his true shape before I checked that issue.

Nebulon is a good Defenders foe.

Lol, Namor just seems mad there because he kissed a man and liked it!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nebulon is a good Defenders foe.

Lol, Namor just seems mad there because he kissed a man and liked it!
    Lol, but nah! For all he knew he was kissing his long lost wife. He has a good reason to be mad, he was tricked and he would have killed that thing by render it limb from limb with his bare hands and would have enjoyed it more than that kiss.

Lol, but nah! For all he knew he was kissing his long lost wife. He has a good reason to be mad, he was tricked and he would have killed that thing by render it limb from limb with his bare hands and would have enjoyed it more than that kiss.
    Haha, true. Nebulon is so golden-handsome, but his true form is so slimy! Yuck! Just makes you want to punch it!

Mighty Member

Haha, true. Nebulon is so golden-handsome, but his true form is so slimy! Yuck! Just makes you want to punch it!
    Nebulon handsomeness wouldn't have gotten him any free pass, would have gotten trashed pretty bad or most probably killed by Namor, but that's just my interpretation. It was a good story and as a Dorma fan really good to see her back even when it wasn't really her. There are some hidden gems in those Defenders back issues, specially the first story arcs. Usually the later years are not that good so this being issue #93 surprised me, artwork wasn't that terribly either.

True, but in his humanoid form, Nebulon has powers. His power blasts have taken out Hulk. I never saw him use them in his amoebic form though.

Totally agree with those Defenders Gems.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Didn't that Nita go back to her own time? And there hadn't been any sighting of Nita since then until this recent Fantastic Four series where we see a glimpse of Nita in the background, who hasn't reconnected with Namor yet, and is probably a alternate universe Nita? Or was Nita once again recently shown with Nova? I don't keep up with Nova to know for sure but if you could tell me the issue so I could check it out?
    I hadn't seen that anywhere, but since she was in Dan Slott's new FF run, I don't think that's the case.

Hadn't seen anything about Nova, either.

I could be mis-remembering, but I did think she went to some surface world group. For some reason, Project Pegasus comes to mind, but I'm sure that's wrong. It was back in the DnA stuff ... maybe the Cancerverse stuff? Quite a while ago. Someone should ask Slott on Twitter if he knows, since he's the last who used her.

I did see on Twitter, that Busiek was talking recently about Nita.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

OMG! He's adorably angry! I love it!

Thank you for posting this, Crimz!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

THANKS FOR POSTING! I'm really excited to have Namor and Jim, and I don't even like funkos but I gotta have them!

Marvel Comics is is celebrating its 80th birthday all year long, and Funko is getting in on the action with a new series of Pop figures commemorating the first appearance of classic heroes and villains.

The very first Funko Pop figures in the Marvel 80th anniversary wave are Namor the Sub-Mariner and Human Torch (Jim Hammond), who made their comic book debuts in 1939. You can reserve the Namor Pop figure here and the Human Torch figure here with shipping slated for September.
    link
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I love the little Namor figure. Even without a mouth, he is angry! And regal--just look at that pose!

Mighty Member

True, but in his humanoid form, Nebulon has powers. His power blasts have taken out Hulk. I never saw him use them in his amoebic form though.

Totally agree with those Defenders Gems.
    Don't know much about Nebulon other than this story but if he has taken out Hulk then must be a worthy opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    THANKS FOR POSTING! I'm really excited to have Namor and Jim, and I don't even like funkos but I gotta have them!

link
    I'm not too much of a Funko fan but these two I cannot pass, will be my first Funkos.

Mighty Member

Love and hate that McNiven cover for History of the Marvel universe #2, for one thing is one of the best Captain america cover I've seen in a long time full of interesting characters but then there's a big picture of Namora omitting the Sub-mariner entirely from that cover, as a consolation he is in a little corner flying in the alternate cover.