Page 77 of 182 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't think Namor should be skinny at all, but he should not be a tank like Hulk either. I've never even seen that cover before lol
    MCWyman was a favorite of mine. He did several Namor comics after John Byrne between Jae Lee and Geof Isherwood. He was the regular penciler in Thor for awhile. MCWyman also did the Atlantis Rising specials.

But even Bill Everett draw him like a tank on more than one occasion.

My Namor is unusually big but the difference between him and Mangog in my story is the same one between him and the Hulk in most drawings.

And then there are these iconic fights were Namor and Hulk physiques are extremely similar:

He should always look like represents physical power, as that's his primary superpower, (though we all know has has many more of course) But his physique should be more representative of a civilized power rather than a bestial power like Hulk. I mean, that's why he's named Hulk. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I've always seen him in my head. Namor always struggles to stay on this side, the human side, of the Hulk line.

I do agree that most artists draw Namor to be too average (comicbook average anyway), but he should never be pushing Hulk size physiques either imo.

Mighty Member

He should always look like represents physical power, as that's his primary superpower, (though we all know has has many more of course) But his physique should be more representative of a civilized power rather than a bestial power like Hulk. I mean, that's why he's named Hulk. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I've always seen him in my head. Namor always struggles to stay on this side, the human side, of the Hulk line.

I do agree that most artists draw Namor to be too average (comicbook average anyway), but he should never be pushing Hulk size physiques either imo.
    I don't think mine looks like Hulk although to some it might. My Hulk, Mangog, Abomination and other characters are much bigger than Namor but he will be as big as Thor and Hercules in size or the same size as a superheavyweight Mr. Olympia. I'd make Namor a bit shorter in height compared to Hercules and Thor though.

I've also put a 5 o'clock shadow on Namor, I don't think that looks as bad as the goatee he has been sporting in the current Invaders but to me makes him look more intimidating than his clean shaven. I took the shadow off the picture I posted.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-24-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, that is really cool! You know I have to see more--especially Namor vs Mangog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think you've made Namor even larger than before, Thor-El!

Count me among those who would love to see your EPIC Namor and Mangog battle.
    Thank you guys for the interest. I've gotten 11 panels done so far but let me start with the first two and see if there's interest. I'll warn it gets pretty violent in some parts and there's a bit of an Alien Prometheus inspired scene in this battle.

Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon - Prologue
    Atlantis has disappeared, empty oceans where once the proud city stood. Just Lady Dorma and Lord Vashti are left behind to give the horrific news to king Namor that returns victorious from waging war against the barbarian hordes of Attuma. But to such predicament only All Father Neptune will have the answers.

Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon Page 1
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants meet.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-27-2019 at 10:25 AM.

I'm not at all knocking your art in any way, I hope I didn't confuse that. I'm an artist as well and would never dismiss or degrade anyone's art. We all just have our own ideas of what Namor looks like in our heads.
    It's funny you mention the 5o'clock shadow as I was just looking at Alex Ross's Namor vs IronMan pages again and thinking how much I dislike the 5o'clock shadow he gives him. It's one of those things, like the wings, ears and eyebrows, everyone sees them differently.

I was looking at the Wyman art that you mentioned and I like Namor at the size he draws him, the problem is he also draws the other characters that size. Cap is as big as Namor is. I'm not familiar enough, but is that Wyman's average superhero physique rather than just Namor?

Mighty Member

I'm not at all knocking your art in any way, I hope I didn't confuse that. I'm an artist as well and would never dismiss or degrade anyone's art. We all just have our own ideas of what Namor looks like in our heads.
    It's funny you mention the 5o'clock shadow as I was just looking at Alex Ross's Namor vs IronMan pages again and thinking how much I dislike the 5o'clock shadow he gives him. It's one of those things, like the wings, ears and eyebrows, everyone sees them differently.

I was looking at the Wyman art that you mentioned and I like Namor at the size he draws him, the problem is he also draws the other characters that size. Cap is as big as Namor is. I'm not familiar enough, but is that Wyman's average superhero physique rather than just Namor?

Don't worry, I never thought you were knocking my art, like you say everyone has their own taste and I understand not everyone will like my style, as an artist you know this too, I',m sure. On MC Wyman style, his heroes all look that big and then you have civilians being really tiny comparatively, regular size next to them which I like. I would have liked if he varied the sizes, like to me Cap would be smaller in bulk than Namor.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-25-2019 at 11:36 AM.

It make's sense and I agree.

A "large" or overly muscular Namor would be a mistake in my opinion.

It's cool for fan art and other stuff but thats where it stops for me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thank you guys for the interest. I've gotten 11 panels done so far but let me start with the first two and see if there's interest. I'll warn it gets pretty violent in some parts and there's a bit of an Alien Prometheus inspired scene in this battle.

Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon - Prologue
    Atlantis has disappeared, empty oceans where once the proud city stood. Just Lady Dorma and Lord Vashti are left behind to give the horrific news to king Namor that returns victorious from waging war against the barbarian hordes of Attuma. But to such predicament only All Father Neptune will have the answers.

Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon Page 1
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants meet.
    I really like these scenes! I don't know how you do it, but they look great! Ok, now you got me hooked for more, lol! I do like the 5 o'clock shadow on Namor as well as the back lighting on Mangog. Very nicely done my friend.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really like these scenes! I don't know how you do it, but they look great! Ok, now you got me hooked for more, lol! I do like the 5 o'clock shadow on Namor as well as the back lighting on Mangog. Very nicely done my friend.
    Thanks Phoenixx9, really appreciated.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Been a bit absent here but finally getting a moment in before work to leave some comments. First: good to see you working on another set Thor-El, sometimes if we want good Namor content, we fans have to make it ourselves. Will you be posting the full work when it's completed like your Namor vs Hyperion set? Which honestly Marvel still owes us a in canon rematch where Namor wipes the floor with him, lol. Loved seeing Vashti and Dorma, especially Vashti since he is a favorite of mine, and honestly I miss his character. I wonder if I should tweet a Zdarsky to see if we can find out where he is? I might try it later. My own art skills are very basic and I need to put more effort into them, I am toying around with a NamorxBetty fan art, however as everything, I need more free time to work on my hobbies. Currently I am beginning work on a Namor edit for a fan since I finally finished up my other edits.

Second: I started a Jim Hammond fan twitter, so I have that and the Namor fan twitter, along with the Namor blog and I'm co running the Invaders fan blog. I'm trying to set up a system where I can put things into a queue for the blogs and working on getting the new Jim twitter active soon. As well as still working on a good reading order for new Namor fans, to make it easier to get up to speed with him. Haven't seen much of a spike in new Namor fans but I'm still hoping we get some.

Third: I came across a Gambit fan website, that is honestly amazing, its got alot of things there about the character and I began to think if maybe we couldn't do something like that for Namor? The best thing about this website is the comic apperances rating scale! Its got a list of comic appearances with a number which indicates how important this is to the character, with the lower number meaning the character is only shown on panel with no speaking role, to a higher number which means this character has an active role. This would have been SO helpful for buying comics cause there is nothing worse imo than buying a comic and finding out that Namor is nothing but background.

I know how to run blogs/post new content/keeps things updated provided I have the free time to do so, but my coding skills would be very stretched to attempt to pull off something on this larger scale. However the thought of having one dedicated site that kept updating monthly and has all the info one would ever need about Namor and his world is so tempting. I am seriously considering it however creating a website from scratch and having a place to host the images etc. would be an undertaking and something I have never done before, though I do have basic HTML skills I know enough to know that this is gonna require a massive effort. I thought to ask everyone what you all thought? and to ask if there was some way to accomplish this? or if anyone knows any website making skills/knows someone who has these skills and is willing to consider planning this out with me?

Well other than the new game info for Namor which I've already posted about the only other news I have is that Namora will be showing up in the New Agents of Atlas comic coming out this summer, Greg Pak said on his twitter that she and the old team would be there for an appearance. I like namora so i will be picking up the new comic.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Been a bit absent here but finally getting a moment in before work to leave some comments. First: good to see you working on another set Thor-El, sometimes if we want good Namor content, we fans have to make it ourselves. Will you be posting the full work when it's completed like your Namor vs Hyperion set? Which honestly Marvel still owes us a in canon rematch where Namor wipes the floor with him, lol. Loved seeing Vashti and Dorma, especially Vashti since he is a favorite of mine, and honestly I miss his character. I wonder if I should tweet a Zdarsky to see if we can find out where he is? I might try it later. My own art skills are very basic and I need to put more effort into them, I am toying around with a NamorxBetty fan art, however as everything, I need more free time to work on my hobbies. Currently I am beginning work on a Namor edit for a fan since I finally finished up my other edits.

Second: I started a Jim Hammond fan twitter, so I have that and the Namor fan twitter, along with the Namor blog and I'm co running the Invaders fan blog. I'm trying to set up a system where I can put things into a queue for the blogs and working on getting the new Jim twitter active soon. As well as still working on a good reading order for new Namor fans, to make it easier to get up to speed with him. Haven't seen much of a spike in new Namor fans but I'm still hoping we get some.

Third: I came across a Gambit fan website, that is honestly amazing, its got alot of things there about the character and I began to think if maybe we couldn't do something like that for Namor? The best thing about this website is the comic apperances rating scale! Its got a list of comic appearances with a number which indicates how important this is to the character, with the lower number meaning the character is only shown on panel with no speaking role, to a higher number which means this character has an active role. This would have been SO helpful for buying comics cause there is nothing worse imo than buying a comic and finding out that Namor is nothing but background.

I know how to run blogs/post new content/keeps things updated provided I have the free time to do so, but my coding skills would be very stretched to attempt to pull off something on this larger scale. However the thought of having one dedicated site that kept updating monthly and has all the info one would ever need about Namor and his world is so tempting. I am seriously considering it however creating a website from scratch and having a place to host the images etc. would be an undertaking and something I have never done before, though I do have basic HTML skills I know enough to know that this is gonna require a massive effort. I thought to ask everyone what you all thought? and to ask if there was some way to accomplish this? or if anyone knows any website making skills/knows someone who has these skills and is willing to consider planning this out with me?

Well other than the new game info for Namor which I've already posted about the only other news I have is that Namora will be showing up in the New Agents of Atlas comic coming out this summer, Greg Pak said on his twitter that she and the old team would be there for an appearance. I like namora so i will be picking up the new comic.
    A lot of great stuff here! BTW I do believe I follow you on your twitter accounts.

As to the website... if you are really interested you can always just pay someone to get the "bones" of the site done. That way you can just focus on putting up content. The world isn't short on website builders in todays environment. Just depends if you are willing to pay for it. Prices are typically fair considering the long term value of a solid webpage.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-27-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Good to see you back IW, I was already missing you. I'm glad you have been busy with creative endeavors, its always glad to see the fruits of a creative mind, specially when its done with love and passion and you have showed loads of that for this character. I'm really looking forward to see all those cool ideas take shape. There's so much excellent material for the character of Sub-mariner, but its almost like the Edgar Rice Burroughs characters that the best work is in the classics and that to me is in the golden and silver age of comics. The idea of a website dedicated to Namor like that Gambit site would be awesome. Also would love to see that Betty Dean/Namor fan art, Betty Dean is definitely one of the most important characters in the mythology and she deserves the spotlight if the MCU ever makes a proper adaptation of the Sub-mariner.

As for my new Submariner story, it started as a one piece and it evolved into a story, I kept adding stuff back and forth, even making adjustments to the art but then I finally realize I need to go back to my real paid work if I want to put food in the table. lol So for now I need to make a stop in the story and leave it as an open tale to go back to at a later date. So I think I might keep putting panels here until I reach the end of what I already have and then keep putting panels as I go along.

Last edited by Thor-El; 05-29-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Good to see you back IW, I was already missing you. I'm glad you have been busy with creative endeavors, its always glad to see the fruits of a creative mind, specially when its done with love and passion and you have showed loads of that for this character. I'm really looking forward to see all those cool ideas take shape. There's so much excellent material for the character of Sub-mariner, but its almost like the Edgar Rice Burroughs characters that the best work is in the classics and that to me is in the golden and silver age of comics. The idea of a website dedicated to Namor like that Gambit site would be awesome. Also would love to see that Betty Dean/Namor fan art, Betty Dean is definitely one of the most important characters in the mythology and she deserves the spotlight if the MCU ever makes a proper adaptation of the Sub-mariner.

As for my new Submariner story, it started as a one piece and it evolved into a story, I kept adding stuff back and forth, even making adjustments to the art but then I finally realize I need to go back to my real paid work if I want to put food in the table. lol So for now I need to make a stop in the story and leave it as an open tale to go back to at a later date. So I think I might keep putting panels here until I reach the end of what I already have and then keep putting panels as I go along.
    Wish I had a job that paid me to make Namor stuff! lol, seriously though nice to see more art, and I really feel Marvel should focus on Namor fighting monsters like yours there rather than the never ending, hero vs hero thing. Also yeah, take it easy even if it takes time to finish, my issue is I'm always flinting from one project to another as soon as the first one is done, and so I could never have the patientice to create whole comics, which is basically what you are doing. Maybe someday I can sit down long enough to create a Namor fan comic when I'm more confident in my own skills. I will totally post the NamorxBetty if I ever finish it!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    A lot of great stuff here! BTW I do believe I follow you on your twitter accounts.

As to the website... if you are really interested you can always just pay someone to get the "bones" of the site done. That way you can just focus on putting up content. The world isn't short on website builders in todays environment. Just depends if you are willing to pay for it. Prices are typically fair considering the long term value of a solid webpage.
    Hey thanks for the follow! I've been a bit absent there with posting more Namor things but will try to get back up to speed, just been bogged down with RL stuff and that always makes things slower for posting new content. Also thanks for the advice! I will totally look around and see if I can find someone like that. I think the biggest thing is even after the website is made, the time and effort it would take to put everything up would be a years long work. I saw the creator of the gambit website say that they have been working on it for 25 years now which is why they have so many comics logged (over 1,000 last I checked), and fan art and art posted. They created the site before social media got big. So I have to ask myself if I really am up to the effort/can actually complete this project. I might be able to try it at a later date but will be looking for someone who might be able to help me understand how websites work, which I think is very different from just blogs or twitter accounts.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 05-27-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Wish I had a job that paid me to make Namor stuff! lol, seriously though nice to see more art, and I really feel Marvel should focus on Namor fighting monsters like yours there rather than the never ending, hero vs hero thing. Also yeah, take it easy even if it takes time to finish, my issue is I'm always flinting from one project to another as soon as the first one is done, and so I could never have the patientice to create whole comics, which is basically what you are doing. Maybe someday I can sit down long enough to create a Namor fan comic when I'm more confident in my own skills. I will totally post the NamorxBetty if I ever finish it!

Hey thanks for the follow! I've been a bit absent there with posting more Namor things but will try to get back up to speed, just been bogged down with RL stuff and that always makes things slower for posting new content. Also thanks for the advice! I will totally look around and see if I can find someone like that. I think the biggest thing is even after the website is made, the time and effort it would take to put everything up would be a years long work. I saw the creator of the gambit website say that they have been working on it for 25 years now which is why they have so many comics logged (over 1,000 last I checked), and fan art and art posted. They created the site before social media got big. So I have to ask myself if I really am up to the effort/can actually complete this project. I might be able to try it at a later date but will be looking for someone who might be able to help me understand how websites work, which I think is very different from just blogs or twitter accounts.
    Sounds like a good plan. I also understand where you are coming from.

Two more tips: 1) If you are serious about it in your free moments just put stuff together on you phone and transfer to the website/laptop/PC when you have time. Between the notes, photo gallery, and Internet now of days putting together content isn't as difficult as it use to be.

2) If you are doing Namor I would focus on putting together a certain period to get it started, preferably which ever period you have the most content in. Then I would spread out from there. Once you get going you will find a groove and things should get a lot easier from there.

Good luck with it all. I hope you go through with it. Be nice to have a dedicated webpage to Namor.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-27-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I also understand where you are coming from.

Two more tips: 1) If you are serious about it in your free moments just put stuff together on you phone and transfer to the website/laptop/PC when you have time. Between the notes, photo gallery, and Internet now of days putting together content isn't as difficult as it use to be.

2) If you are doing Namor I would focus on putting together a certain period to get it started, preferably which ever period you have the most content in. Then I would spread out from there. Once you get going you will find a groove and things should get a lot easier from there.

Good luck with it all. I hope you go through with it. Be nice to have a dedicated webpage to Namor.
    Thanks! I will keep these in mind and I will be giving this serious thought and planning if I do go through with it in the future, as for files, I would have to start up a organized database, the ones I have now are just a huge mess, I wish I had told 5 years ago me to have better organizational skills!