Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Good to see you back IW, I was already missing you. I'm glad you have been busy with creative endeavors, its always glad to see the fruits of a creative mind, specially when its done with love and passion and you have showed loads of that for this character. I'm really looking forward to see all those cool ideas take shape. There's so much excellent material for the character of Sub-mariner, but its almost like the Edgar Rice Burroughs characters that the best work is in the classics and that to me is in the golden and silver age of comics. The idea of a website dedicated to Namor like that Gambit site would be awesome. Also would love to see that Betty Dean/Namor fan art, Betty Dean is definitely one of the most important characters in the mythology and she deserves the spotlight if the MCU ever makes a proper adaptation of the Sub-mariner.

As for my new Submariner story, it started as a one piece and it evolved into a story, I kept adding stuff back and forth, even making adjustments to the art but then I finally realize I need to go back to my real paid work if I want to put food in the table. lol So for now I need to make a stop in the story and leave it as an open tale to go back to at a later date. So I think I might keep putting panels here until I reach the end of what I already have and then keep putting panels as I go along.

Those pincers look really sharp. Namor has the cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs to prove it. But Mangog looks like he wants to take a bite out of Namor with his oversized teeth!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Those pincers look really sharp. Namor has the cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs to prove it. But Mangog looks like he wants to take a bite out of Namor with his oversized teeth!
    Thanks for your comments Phoenixx9, really appreciated. I'm glad you noticed the wounds, and that's the paid product I'm working on now, it will make my life easier when rendering these kind of fights which I love to do. Its incredibly hard to keep wounds in place if they are done postwork but when they are part of your texture they follow your character's pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks for your comments Phoenixx9, really appreciated. I'm glad you noticed the wounds, and that's the paid product I'm working on now, it will make my life easier when rendering these kind of fights which I love to do. Its incredibly hard to keep wounds in place if they are done postwork but when they are part of your texture they follow your character's pose.
    You are welcome, Thor-El. I appreciate your hard work and really enjoy seeing these fights. Thank you for doing them and posting them too!

Who are some characters or some areas of the MU that you would like Namor to interact with in future (hypothetical) stories?

She's pretty obscure, but, Jennifer Kale. She learned her magic from the Tome of Zhered-Na, and Zhered-Na was an ancient Atlantean sorcerer... Perhaps a bit of a tenuous connection there, but it's something.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Who are some characters or some areas of the MU that you would like Namor to interact with in future (hypothetical) stories?
    LATVERIA. Just give me more Doom and Namor, they play off each other so well and its so entertaining and they NEED a new super villain team up, I really want to see them struggling to accomplish their goals while clashing egos and outside forces try to stop them.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    She's pretty obscure, but, Jennifer Kale. She learned her magic from the Tome of Zhered-Na, and Zhered-Na was an ancient Atlantean sorcerer... Perhaps a bit of a tenuous connection there, but it's something.
    Interesting choice. I've never heard of the character, but sorcery and ancient Atlantis? I'm so in.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LATVERIA. Just give me more Doom and Namor, they play off each other so well and its so entertaining and they NEED a new super villain team up, I really want to see them struggling to accomplish their goals while clashing egos and outside forces try to stop them.
    How would you go about something like this in a Namor title? A Supervillain teamup can't work quite the same way with Namor as the hero and lead of his own title. I'm obviously 100% up for more Doom and Namor, as they have one of the best odd-couple bromances in Marvel. It'd be interesting to explore why the two men keep seeking each other out, even though they are both sure the other will betray them at any given point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    There are a lot of villains Namor could go against instead of other heroes like they almost always do. I would like to see him taking on Red Skull, Magneto, Apokolipse, not only cerebral villains like these but bruisers like the Wrecking Crew, Abomination and others of the oldie Thor villains. I also don't think Namor has ever visited Asgard or hang out with Thor too much, it has been always Captain America and Iron Man. It makes a lot of sense also to get him involved with the Greek pantheon and Hercules.

Mighty Member

Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon Pages 5 & 6
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants engage in a slugfest.

Mighty Member

Pages 7, 8 & 9

Mighty Member

Pages 10 & 11

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Imperius Rex! Indeed! I knew you'd have some serious smack down going on. Epic!

I love seeing Dorma and Vashti, too.

But Thor-El ... that tail ... torture ... O_O

I definitely understand about work interfering with the fun stuff. Looking forward to the next pages, when ever you get to them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's official! Namor, and Atlantis, and Sue will be joining Contest of Champions!

https://playcontestofchampions.com/v23-1-release-notes/

Looks like an FF campaign. And they are going to be using the new armor we first saw in Avengers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Imperius Rex! Indeed! I knew you'd have some serious smack down going on. Epic!

I love seeing Dorma and Vashti, too.

But Thor-El ... that tail ... torture ... O_O

I definitely understand about work interfering with the fun stuff. Looking forward to the next pages, when ever you get to them.
    Rev, so glad to see you back and read your comments, makes me want to continue with my comic. So much stuff I want to do between the read-a-thons and the online comics I do need 48 hour days and a 7 day week-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's official! Namor, and Atlantis, and Sue will be joining Contest of Champions!

https://playcontestofchampions.com/v23-1-release-notes/

Looks like an FF campaign. And they are going to be using the new armor we first saw in Avengers.
    This is exciting and love how they have positioned Namor as almost a mystery silhouette but the new armor and hair ugh! I guess I should be just happy he is being used at all.