Page 85 of 182 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2721

Was Namor ever in the Old Man Logan stories? I know he wasn't in the original. He doesn't usually get remembered in those big apocalyptic future stories. Speaking of apocalyptic, was he in Age of Apocalypse? I can't remember that either.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Namor looks like he aged 20 years since the last issue. "So it shall be written, so it shall be done." C'moooonnnn.

Was Namor ever in the Old Man Logan stories? I know he wasn't in the original. He doesn't usually get remembered in those big apocalyptic future stories. Speaking of apocalyptic, was he in Age of Apocalypse? I can't remember that either.
    He does look very old, and I'm not a fan of Liefeld's writing who seems to only use the Atlanteans as a foil for the x-men or major x or whoever, and meanwhile the Atlanteans are dying in his book. I might pick this up later but it doesn't seem worth it honestly. Namor was not mentioned in Old Man Logan's universe as far as I know, and for AOA universe he was the last of the Atlantean people.

From the 1995 X-Universe comic:

Namor shows up in the 2012 Defenders series as one of the few survivors of the end of the world, because he is long lived and slow to age he only had a beard.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Carlos Magno shared these inks on his twitter from the last Invaders comic the ironman and Namor spread was just so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Carlos Magno shared these inks on his twitter from the last Invaders comic the ironman and Namor spread was just so cool.

Yes. That spread was absolutely incredible. I must have stared at it for 10 minutes when I first opened the issue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Old Man Namor shows up with his kids again in Major X #5, I saw a few panels online but I haven't read it.

I haven't read it either. I really can't afford to lose any more brain cells. ;p

But why is Namor old??? Much less, balding?

Namor looks like he aged 20 years since the last issue. "So it shall be written, so it shall be done." C'moooonnnn.
    Yes, if you are going to use Yul Brynner dialog, he should at least look like Yul Brynner in Ten Commandments.

He does look very old, and I'm not a fan of Liefeld's writing who seems to only use the Atlanteans as a foil for the x-men or major x or whoever, and meanwhile the Atlanteans are dying in his book. I might pick this up later but it doesn't seem worth it honestly.
    Sadly, that seemed to be the main function of the Atlanteans when Fraction was writing the X-books too. He loved the 'image' of dead Atlanteans washing up on the beach like fish.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-17-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes. That spread was absolutely incredible. I must have stared at it for 10 minutes when I first opened the issue.

Magno does some incredibly detailed art. But you can also see from this just how much the colorist, Alex Guimarães, contributes to the book. I love how he how he subtly colors the past and present differently, but not too blatantly.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't recall him being even mentioned in the original Old Man Logan series ... and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the new one.

In one timeline, Namor was one of Apocalypse's Four Horseman -- but I don't think that was from the original Age of Apocalypse event timeline.

Was that image from the original AoA timeline?

Didn't make it this year, but as usual, there's some amazing art coming out of HeroesCon. This one is by the great Lee Weeks.

Does the Horn of Promethius call forth other creatures besides Giganto??

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Magno does some incredibly detailed art. But you can also see from this just how much the colorist, Alex Guimarães, contributes to the book. I love how he how he subtly colors the past and present differently, but not too blatantly.
    Couldn't agree more. The coloring was just beautiful.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I agree, I'm really glad we have a good creative team on this, and his work with Magno and Guice's art is astounding.

I don't recall him being even mentioned in the original Old Man Logan series ... and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the new one.

In one timeline, Namor was one of Apocalypse's Four Horseman -- but I don't think that was from the original Age of Apocalypse event timeline.

Was that image from the original AoA timeline?
    I think it was, it was from the 1995 X Universe comic and was basically a footnote at the end of the comic, they had other heroes and what became of them. Which comic had the Horseman Namor?! I haven't read that one yet and really want to.

Didn't make it this year, but as usual, there's some amazing art coming out of HeroesCon. This one is by the great Lee Weeks.
    This is beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think just Giganto? I seem to recall one panel with Namor using a horn to call forth more sea creatures, but I can't recall which comic? He was wearing the yellow wings with the black suit at the time and I think it was a team up with the Hulk or something. I'm sure Rev might know better, they are the most knowledgeable Namor expert I've ever seen. Seriously if Marvel could just hire Rev as a Namor expert to help the writers then that would be great.

It can summon all sorts of great beasts. I've read Namor say this more than once, but I couldn't tell you which issues.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Namor being epic while doing his wartime service:

It can summon all sorts of great beasts. I've read Namor say this more than once, but I couldn't tell you which issues.
    Doombot is right. We've seen the Horn summon a number of unnamed beasts. Robinson had Namor use in All New Invaders 4, I believe.

Originally, there was only one Giganto, but someone, it may have been Robinson, changed it so there was an entire species of Gigantos.

IIRC, Tiger Shark used it to summon other beasts also in a Mighty Avengers issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Namor being epic while doing his wartime service:

A great Golden Age cover. I love how they make the heroes HUGE on some of these covers.

And welcome to the thread!