Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I think just Giganto? I seem to recall one panel with Namor using a horn to call forth more sea creatures, but I can't recall which comic? He was wearing the yellow wings with the black suit at the time and I think it was a team up with the Hulk or something. I'm sure Rev might know better, they are the most knowledgeable Namor expert I've ever seen. Seriously if Marvel could just hire Rev as a Namor expert to help the writers then that would be great.
    Awww. You are making me blush.

But there's plenty I can't keep track of. Like I'm trying to remember the team up with the Hulk you are talking about? Was it one of the Marvel Adventure books?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Doombot is right. We've seen the Horn summon a number of unnamed beasts. Robinson had Namor use in All New Invaders 4, I believe.

Originally, there was only one Giganto, but someone, it may have been Robinson, changed it so there was an entire species of Gigantos.

IIRC, Tiger Shark used it to summon other beasts also in a Mighty Avengers issue.
    I had totally forgotten these, which is unacceptable because I read All New Invaders so much, lol.

Awww. You are making me blush.

But there's plenty I can't keep track of. Like I'm trying to remember the team up with the Hulk you are talking about? Was it one of the Marvel Adventure books?
    I found the panel, in my folder of imperius rex panels but I didn't note the issue it was in. I have so many folders and panels that I have such a hard time keep track. I wish I had made a better effort of keeping organized when I first started reading comics. Someday I'll have to organize what I have. Looks like it was she-hulk instead of hulk? I had forgotten that other characters were there, but here it is:

Also do we have a list of all the Alternate Universe Namors? I'm doing a twitter thread about them and wanted to include as many as I could, and didn't want to forget any of them.

I used to do Imperius Rex posts, I should get back to doing those soon, I got up to like 150? or something? I will have to start at the beginning to make sure I didn't repeat anything. Another project for another day.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 06-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I love seeing these dread beasts of the murky depths! It is fitting that Namor not only knows they exist, but can summon them.

I had totally forgotten these, which is unacceptable because I read All New Invaders so much, lol.
    Me too. I did enjoy Robinson's Invaders, which is what made his SS stuff so much more painful.

I found the panel, in my folder of imperius rex panels but I didn't note the issue it was in. I have so many folders and panels that I have such a hard time keep track. I wish I had made a better effort of keeping organized when I first started reading comics. Someday I'll have to organize what I have. Looks like it was she-hulk instead of hulk? I had forgotten that other characters were there, but here it is:

Also do we have a list of all the Alternate Universe Namors? I'm doing a twitter thread about them and wanted to include as many as I could, and didn't want to forget any of them.

I used to do Imperius Rex posts, I should get back to doing those soon, I got up to like 150? or something? I will have to start at the beginning to make sure I didn't repeat anything. Another project for another day.
    LOL! I understand about too many projects.

The Marvel wiki probably has the most in depth list of Alternate Universe Namors ... though I think some of them aren't really AU, but just day dreams.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Namor...ality_Versions

I think that's the same issue that the Tiger Shark panel I posted came from. I thought it was a Mighty Avengers issue, but doing some research, I think now, both of these panels are from FALLEN SON: THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA #2.

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=91558
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Cool throwback in Invaders #4 (2019) to Fantastic Four #4 (1962).

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Me too. I did enjoy Robinson's Invaders, which is what made his SS stuff so much more painful.

LOL! I understand about too many projects.

The Marvel wiki probably has the most in depth list of Alternate Universe Namors ... though I think some of them aren't really AU, but just day dreams.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Namor...ality_Versions

I think that's the same issue that the Tiger Shark panel I posted came from. I thought it was a Mighty Avengers issue, but doing some research, I think now, both of these panels are from FALLEN SON: THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA #2.

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=91558
    Thanks for the links Rev! and for the comic issue, I'm going to have to go and read this again.
    Yeah, SS really sucked for Namor, and as far as I'm concerned I hope all future writers keep SS stuff far away from him.
    lol, If I had more time then maybe I'd be able to actually finish all of the projects in a timely manner rather than taking months with it. Ah well, I enjoy them and the Subby Fandom isn't as active as say the Steve Rogers or Bucky Barnes ones, so each new piece of art, content, or comics for Namor that comes in, I'm always happy to see it. The fans come up with great stuff.

By the way I don't know if everyone has seen this yet, or if it safe for this page, but I'll post links to it. A fan recently painted a Namor Pin Up Art, done in a classical greek art style, and full of symbolism, which they posted to their tumblr and twitter. They are a new Namor fan and here is their comment on this piece.

Tumblr art link and Twitter art link

I started this from a prompt - “Thirst”-. It kind of began as a joke about how many layers of conceptual thirst I could fit in the drawing, and I got carried away. It’s mostly about Namor’s “emotional thirst” or desire for a personal, even romantic bond that conflicts with his duty as ruler of Atlantis (a big part of his personal drive). I got this from a few details from The First Mutant, that made the ending the more bittersweet and really cemented my liking of the character.
    More details about the art when I commented on how much I loved it. The artist went deep with the extra research they put into this piece which is very cool. (I had mentioned in my meta to them how Everett used Mercury's wings as inspiration for Namor's and how Greek/Roman mythology played a part in Namor's world.)

I ended up researching a bit about Greek mythology and Theseus, royalty on both sides from his mortal mother, Aethra, and his divine father, Poseidon . Your meta posts, especially about Namor’s creative origins, were of great inspiration! When I looked into the comics, I found the visual choices a bit incosistent.

So I went for the obvious and used pottery for the earthy/banal=personal needs, versus royal garments and the red cloth=Namor’s lineage and duty weighing him down. For the symbol on his chest, I looked into The First Mutant, and used the magic strong box and Thakorr’s accesories (from Namor’s “flashback”) as reference.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I rarely post here but this is a biggie.

Namor the Sub-Mariner Make Waves Entering the 'Marvel Contest of Champions' Battlerealm

I just hate the part where he thrashes Johnny. So that's his gratitude for reviving his memories?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Sometimes in our lives
    We all have pain, we all have sorrow.
    But if we are wise,
    We know that there's always tomorrow.

Lean on me when you're not strong
    I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
    For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on.

Please swallow your pride
    If I have things you need to borrow
    For no one can fill those of your needs
    That you won't let show.

You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand
    We all need somebody to lean on.
    I just might have a problem that you'll understand,

Lean on me when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on
    For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on

You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand
    I just might have a problem that you'll understand,

If there is a load
    You have to bear
    That you can't carry
    I'm right up the road
    I'll share your load
    If you just call me.

Call me if you need a friend.

That's awesome, Doombot! I love Doom's "underwater spy."

There really needs to be another EPIC Super Villain Team Up. We've got a few ... meetings in the last few years, but nothing really EPIC or Team-Up, IMO. There was so much potential wasted by NOT following up on the end of Sub-Mariner Revolution with this EPIC ending.

Or doing a cool Cabal book.

Or the debt Attuma owes Doom.

Just makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I rarely post here but this is a biggie.

Namor the Sub-Mariner Make Waves Entering the 'Marvel Contest of Champions' Battlerealm

I just hate the part where he thrashes Johnny. So that's his gratitude for reviving his memories?

Thanks for posting this Ravin' Ray!

Those are some new images and info I haven't seen. I really like that first pic with the throne. And that's a great article at Marvel.com! Will be adding it to the front page.

Wow. Those are some HUGE ankle wings. I like them!

He thrashes, Johnny??? I'm surprised. Though, I have to admit, after all that flack he was giving Namor, I wasn't exactly happy with Johnny. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Cool throwback in Invaders #4 (2019) to Fantastic Four #4 (1962).

Speaking of Johnny and Namor's memories.... great panels! Even, an ICONIC set of panels.

Hmmmm. I never noticed it before, but in both old and new panels, it's like removing the beard and hair makes Namor's eye color change! It goes from dark / black to blue / light colored!

Thanks for the links Rev! and for the comic issue, I'm going to have to go and read this again.
    Yeah, SS really sucked for Namor, and as far as I'm concerned I hope all future writers keep SS stuff far away from him.
    lol, If I had more time then maybe I'd be able to actually finish all of the projects in a timely manner rather than taking months with it. Ah well, I enjoy them and the Subby Fandom isn't as active as say the Steve Rogers or Bucky Barnes ones, so each new piece of art, content, or comics for Namor that comes in, I'm always happy to see it. The fans come up with great stuff.

By the way I don't know if everyone has seen this yet, or if it safe for this page, but I'll post links to it. A fan recently painted a Namor Pin Up Art, done in a classical greek art style, and full of symbolism, which they posted to their tumblr and twitter. They are a new Namor fan and here is their comment on this piece.

Tumblr art link and Twitter art link

More details about the art when I commented on how much I loved it. The artist went deep with the extra research they put into this piece which is very cool. (I had mentioned in my meta to them how Everett used Mercury's wings as inspiration for Namor's and how Greek/Roman mythology played a part in Namor's world.)
    Sounds very intriguing ... but I'll have to look at that home. I'm still at work.

My issue is buried somewhere in a storage unit. But IIRC, it's the issue where Namor scolds Danvers for beating up Tiger Shark!!! I was stunned.

I hope so too, but sadly, I bet Aaron is going to throw Namor and the SS against each other ... AGAIN. Yuck.

Well, that's one positive way to look at our ... smaller fandom. It does make it easier to be obsessive and completest about it -- except for all those cool Marvel Mania 60s items. I'd LOVE to have that Subby (and Doom) button, but it goes for hundreds of dollars!

Marvel 1000, which may or may not actually have Namor in it (don't get me started) has decade variants. I was THRILLED when I heard that Mark Brooks was doing the 1940s variant -- I'd LOVE to see Brooks do Namor and Torch. But, of course, I kicked myself and brought myself down to reality. Marvel is going to make it a Cap cover. And I was right. BUT it's actually more of a Cap and the Invaders covers, so Namor does get a cameo.

I think Torch might be on there too, judging from that explosion, but this is the only image I've seen of it.

https://www.instagram.com/markbrooksart/

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Marvel 1000, which may or may not actually have Namor in it (don't get me started) has decade variants. I was THRILLED when I heard that Mark Brooks was doing the 1940s variant -- I'd LOVE to see Brooks do Namor and Torch. But, of course, I kicked myself and brought myself down to reality. Marvel is going to make it a Cap cover. And I was right. BUT it's actually more of a Cap and the Invaders covers, so Namor does get a cameo.

I think Torch might be on there too, judging from that explosion, but this is the only image I've seen of it.

https://www.instagram.com/markbrooksart/
    I wonder if this (as well as the upcoming History of the Marvel Universe will show a in-depth drawing of Human Torch vs. Sub-Mariner, because I think one reason it's significant is because that's like the first large-scale superhero battle in the Earth-616 universe. Marvels previously did a great interpretation of it, so I'd be interested to see others' interpretations of it as well.

Mighty Member

Finally a cover from this series that highlights Namor!!! Just couldn't believe when they had replaced him with Namora before!!!

Loving this very John Buscema influenced Mc Niven style.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.