Page 89 of 182 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I spotted Namor in the upper left corner half hidden by a larger wolverine's head, wish he had a more centered place or something to signify he was Marvel's first character. Marvel 1000 Variant by Mr. Garcin.

He's also on the back of Spidey on far right, just lower than the middle. At least Namor's head is there.

I was thinking that there's a third appearance on that collage, but I don't see it right now.

Well, of course, WE think Namor should have a bigger more central place. ;p But heck, look how they treated the FF on this piece. I think they were relegated to only the wedding pic! And the Thing looks like he only has an arm showing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He's also on the back of Spidey on far right, just lower than the middle. At least Namor's head is there.

I was thinking that there's a third appearance on that collage, but I don't see it right now.

Well, of course, WE think Namor should have a bigger more central place. ;p But heck, look how they treated the FF on this piece. I think they were relegated to only the wedding pic! And the Thing looks like he only has an arm showing.
    Oh yeah there he is! Its very small, I dont see another namor but it is also shameful how marvel treats their older properties who are spiderman or the avengers and xmen. FF should have had more there and they could have cut out a few spideys but *shrugs*.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I love Namor fans. We all only want him FRONT and CENTER as is his proper due.... and a QUALITY SOLO ONGOING.

wow those look amazing! i love the old look feel, but my one gripe is i feel namor should have been front and center in caps place. but i love the second cover too! namora!!! im glad they didnt forget her and im glad to see jim, namor, steve, toro, and bucky. they are my faves
    I also like how they made the Mark Brooks cover look ... well loved. I do wish Namor was bigger on the cover, but they did go with the iconic lifting a tank image. I am somewhat surprised that we don't see the Human Torch on the cover --- unless that fireball on the right is supposed to be him?

In some ways, I like the second better. It's a rougher looking cover, while Mark Brooks is always slick looking. Though, why is Namor so grumpy looking? He's young and brash now, not so grumpy, like he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I see Miss America and the Blonde Phantom, so it could be the All-Winners Squad in the late 1940s and not just 1950s.

Yes, I was thinking it was supposed to the 50s and All Winners ... but did the Destroyer and Phantom Angel appear in the 1950s? I didn't think so.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Love seeing Namor, Cap, Torches along with Miss America (flying, not jumping) and the Whizzer all together.

Mighty Member

Getting close to D-Day as Supercon will start next Thursday. Tested the face makeup courtesy of my daughter to hide the eyebrows yesterday and came up with this. #CosplayNamor
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-28-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Oh yeah there he is! Its very small, I dont see another namor but it is also shameful how marvel treats their older properties who are spiderman or the avengers and xmen. FF should have had more there and they could have cut out a few spideys but *shrugs*.
    Well, I think Spider-Man is getting plenty of love. The X-Men and the FF were definitely shafted by the corporate pettiness, for sure. It's the FF that really bothers me, because they started the age of Marvel Comics, as we know it. Well, and Namor getting ignored too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love seeing Namor, Cap, Torches along with Miss America (flying, not jumping) and the Whizzer all together.
    I agree. That second cover is really growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Getting close to D-Day as Supercon will start next Thursday. Tested the face makeup courtesy of my daughter to hide the eyebrows yesterday and came up with this. #CosplayNamor
    OMG! That is awesome, Thor-El! You are definitely channeling some John Buscema Namor right there!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG! That is awesome, Thor-El! You are definitely channeling some John Buscema Namor right there!
    Thanks Rev, and that's the best compliment I could get as John Buscema's Namor is my favorite and what I'm going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Whooo! That's a great Namor cosplay!!! Well done.

Previews for Captain America and the Invaders: Bahamas Triangle are up and here is this very cool cover by patrick zircher. Link No Namor in this preview though but its not far off now and I can't wait for this comic.

Mighty Member

Whooo! That's a great Namor cosplay!!! Well done.
    Thank you, IW!

Mighty Member

Previews for Captain America and the Invaders: Bahamas Triangle are up and here is this very cool cover by patrick zircher. Link No Namor in this preview though but its not far off now and I can't wait for this comic.

Ah! The real Namor! Looking forward to this book!

So I couldn't help but read Major X to see what happened to Namor and his kids and safe to say I absolutely hate it. So basically the whole story is:

spoilers:
    Namor and the Atlanteans go to a new world that the X-ential created to be a safe haven for them and they took over the seas but the creator disappeared and it turned out the world was poisoned and was slowly killing his people. So then betrayals/Namor's kids trying to get control or revenge/Time travel stuff and this all leads up to Namor summoning a sea creature to kill Storm (Ororo Munroe who turned out to be Major X's mother) before Major X was born to stop all the events before they happened. Major X defeats Namor.

I am just really tired of Atlanteans vs Mutants. This comic sucked and was just another way to turn Namor into a Villain.

majorx1.jpg

majorx2.jpg

majorx3.jpg
    end of spoilers

Good God. I wish I didn't click those.

Mighty Member

Leaving a panel of my Sub-mariner comic that shows Lady Dorma & Lord Vashti in more detail.
    Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon Page 30
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants engage in a slugfest.