Page 90 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So I couldn't help but read Major X to see what happened to Namor and his kids and safe to say I absolutely hate it. So basically the whole story is:

spoilers:
    Namor and the Atlanteans go to a new world that the X-ential created to be a safe haven for them and they took over the seas but the creator disappeared and it turned out the world was poisoned and was slowly killing his people. So then betrayals/Namor's kids trying to get control or revenge/Time travel stuff and this all leads up to Namor summoning a sea creature to kill Storm (Ororo Munroe who turned out to be Major X's mother) before Major X was born to stop all the events before they happened. Major X defeats Namor.

I am just really tired of Atlanteans vs Mutants. This comic sucked and was just another way to turn Namor into a Villain.

Attachment 83948

Attachment 83949

Attachment 83950
    end of spoilers
    Ugh, I'm so tired of the same thing; pit both kingdoms one against the other and make Namor always the looser. Give it a rest writers. Was it Johnathan Hickman the one who introduced that rivalry? Hate how everyone seems to be going back to it in some way or another.

cadmunoz

Hi all,

Any recommended reading for Namor post-Hickman Secret Wars? Just getting back into comics after a few years off. Thanks!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadmunoz View Post
    Hi all,

Any recommended reading for Namor post-Hickman Secret Wars? Just getting back into comics after a few years off. Thanks!
    Welcome to the thread!

Sadly, there hasn't been a Namor ongoing to recommend -- except for the current Invaders ongoing by Chip Zdarsky, Butch Guice and Carlos Magno. Though, you could start with the Best Defense Namor one shot, by Zdarsky and Magno and the conclusion, Best Defense Defenders by Ewing and Bennett. It's part of a group of one-shots about the founding Defenders, that ties up in the final Defenders book.

He was part of X-Men Red, but that was a complete waste of the character and the setting. I wouldn't bother with it, unless you are a Jean Grey fan.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Leaving a panel of my Sub-mariner comic that shows Lady Dorma & Lord Vashti in more detail.
    Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon Page 30
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants engage in a slugfest.
    Thor-El, you are making so nostalgic! What a great image of Lady of Dorma and Vashti. I miss them both.

Are your new panels in that link? I'll take a look when I'm not at work.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thor-El, you are making so nostalgic! What a great image of Lady of Dorma and Vashti. I miss them both.

Are your new panels in that link? I'll take a look when I'm not at work.
    Thanks. Nostalgia is really what I'm after, those two characters are so important to Namor IMO and humanize the character so much, really wish Marvel had never killed/limbo-ed them. Its like Aunt May and Mary Jane to Spider-man, a very important piece of the character's soul. They gave roots to Namor and a face to Atlantis that we don't have anymore. Yes, the other panels are in that page. Most of the story so far is mostly brutal fight and violence but I'm getting into some dialogue now with Dorma & Vashti entering the story.

Just noticed this in the Cap and the Invaders preview ... first two panels ... especially the second panel on the left.

It's Carl Burgos and BILL EVERETT!!!!

I saw someone elsewhere mentioning they thought Jack Kirby had a cameo, and perhaps that was supposed to be JJ Jameson with the camera ... but I was thrilled to see this! Thanks, Roy!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just noticed this in the Cap and the Invaders preview ... first two panels ... especially the second panel on the left.

It's Carl Burgos and BILL EVERETT!!!!

I saw someone elsewhere mentioning they thought Jack Kirby had a cameo, and perhaps that was supposed to be JJ Jameson with the camera ... but I was thrilled to see this! Thanks, Roy!
    That is so cool! I was certain the one with the camera was JJJ bc of how he was in Marvels too. Thanks Rev for pointing this out! Maybe Kirby will show up later?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks. Nostalgia is really what I'm after, those two characters are so important to Namor IMO and humanize the character so much, really wish Marvel had never killed/limbo-ed them. Its like Aunt May and Mary Jane to Spider-man, a very important piece of the character's soul. They gave roots to Namor and a face to Atlantis that we don't have anymore. Yes, the other panels are in that page. Most of the story so far is mostly brutal fight and violence but I'm getting into some dialogue now with Dorma & Vashti entering the story.
    So very true, Thor-El. As we've lamented quite a bit here, Namor really needs his supporting cast rebuilt / revived -- and used regularly in his own ongoing. Stop re-inventing the wheel, writers, and work with what's there.

Awesome!

That is so cool! I was certain the one with the camera was JJJ bc of how he was in Marvels too. Thanks Rev for pointing this out! Maybe Kirby will show up later?
    Someone said they thought Jack Kirby was the stranger who handed Cap his shield in the next page or two. Of course, they completely missed the Everett and Burgos ref.

Someone said they thought Jack Kirby was the stranger who handed Cap his shield in the next page or two. Of course, they completely missed the Everett and Burgos ref.
    I totally missed all of this!!! Then again I tend to skim the previews rather quickly and wait until the comic for a more in depth look!

I totally missed all of this!!! Then again I tend to skim the previews rather quickly and wait until the comic for a more in depth look!
    Yes, I skim previews too ... if I don't see Namor.

I only went back to read it when I heard someone complaining about how Thomas described what the art portrayed and wanted to check it out myself.

Mighty Member

John Buscema pencils with Joe Sinnott inks classic poster art newly recolored as the "Hidden Gem" variant cover for HISTORY OF MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 of 6. Thor gets a nice big figure shot right up top!

John Buscema pencils with Joe Sinnott inks classic poster art newly recolored as the "Hidden Gem" variant cover for HISTORY OF MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 of 6. Thor gets a nice big figure shot right up top!
    Great image for the morning!

Thor is flying right at the reader the fastest! He, and Conan, are also classic Buscema in style, to me. The rest are older in style and looser pencils. This had to have originally been done in the 70s, probably the late 70s with the prominence of Drac and the rest of the horror gang. Also, when it looks like he was starting to flatten out Namor's head, instead of his original bullet head look.

I would definitely buy this poster, if they reissued it. But I think the Hidden Gems variants are a bit pricey. I'll have to ask my LCBS. Which reminds me. Need to call him and ask him to save me the Zircher variant of Cap and the Invaders today!

My favorite panel of the Captain America and the Invaders comic. It was a good read for my Invader fan side, but for my Namor fan side, I had wished for more Namor. Still the art was wonderful and I loved Steve and Jim so its all good. (trying not to spoil too much so I'm trying not to say too much until others have read it)

Oh thats a nice cover Thor-el!!!

My favorite panel of the Captain America and the Invaders comic. It was a good read for my Invader fan side, but for my Namor fan side, I had wished for more Namor. Still the art was wonderful and I loved Steve and Jim so its all good. (trying not to spoil too much so I'm trying not to say too much until others have read it)

Oh thats a nice cover Thor-el!!!

I was just coming on to say something similar. Disappointing little of Namor, but Ordway does a lovely old school version, with SPEEDO!

Also, loved the Betty Dean panel and her role.

Have to disagree with Roy / Betty Dean about that last part. I don't see Namor considering himself American at all.