Page 93 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHH I WANT ONE. OMG. I know I won't get it but pleaseee. I need it.
    LOL! I feel you.

I'm not going to SDCC, but I'm certainly going to haunt eBay around that date. I'm sure it will pop up there.

It's a blind two pack ... I'd love to get the Bucky and Cap as well as the Namor. Then if I find a Torch, I'd have an Invaders set!

OMG. I just noticed the Reed and Doom fighting over the world! LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! I feel you.

I'm not going to SDCC, but I'm certainly going to haunt eBay around that date. I'm sure it will pop up there.

It's a blind two pack ... I'd love to get the Bucky and Cap as well as the Namor. Then if I find a Torch, I'd have an Invaders set!

OMG. I just noticed the Reed and Doom fighting over the world! LOL!
    LOL, If I can snag Steve, Namor, and Bucky that would be so cool, why don't they have jim there? I know he was on the skottie cover, but I'm also looking at the Wanda and Strange pins. I'm not going to SDCC either but I hope I can find some online.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

LOL, If I can snag Steve, Namor, and Bucky that would be so cool, why don't they have jim there? I know he was on the skottie cover, but I'm also looking at the Wanda and Strange pins. I'm not going to SDCC either but I hope I can find some online.
    They have already had Torch pins in previous years, though, of course, it is Johnny. But as long as he doesn't have the "4" logo, I can pretend he's Hammond.

Well, this wouldn't technically be a classic Invaders set, as Namor is in his black suit. But I'll make do.

Checking eBay now ... it MIGHT be better to wait. I'm sure the prices will be inflated around SDCC. But these older pins seem to range about 10 - 20 bucks now.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Another internet rumor ... or wishful thinking.

by daanys.art

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzUhpKJg..._web_copy_link

Haha, I love Keanu, but no.

My first glance thought it was a younger Timothy Dalton... And of course he has the voice.

Preview for next week's Invaders is out. No Namor in these pages, but ... a subjection of contention.

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-invaders-7/

Mighty Member

Cosplay update to my fellow Atlanteans, particularly Reviresco, ImperiusWrecked and Phoenixx9 who have showed me their support. So Supercon was last week-end and along with Thor and Bane I finally had the guts to cosplay Namor and even though many people got him confused with Aquaman I got many compliments at the convention and people that recognized the character right away. It wasn't green trunks Namor but it was close enough (maybe next time -depending on how it goes at the gym and the diet). I thought about using a fake five o'clock shadow like my recent gif that I posted as I'm not very hairy and can't grow a deep shadow or beard but in the end decided to just brave it and go clean shaven which looks even more like Namor. I'm probably not going to post the pictures here because of my teenage daughter's not wanting her friends to find out her dad cosplays, lol. But you are all invited to see the pictures in my instagram which is kept private for the same reasons. https://www.instagram.com/simonwm_17/ I will appreciate your support. Just please send me a message telling me you are from CBR Namor appreciation thread looking for Thor-El and I will grant you access. Only wish fellow forum poster Mantis Girl was here and its to her that I dedicate the cosplay. Her passion for the character and her friendly bubbly nature will always live in my heart and its what ignited the idea to cosplay Namor in the first place. I wish I had known she was so sick so I had made an extra effort to keep the Namor Readathon thread going that she used to enjoy so much. I hope she is looking from the great beyond and having a good time and approves.

Mighty Member

Preview for next week's Invaders is out. No Namor in these pages, but ... a subjection of contention.

This looks good. LOL at "no more punching the centenarian".

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Cosplay update to my fellow Atlanteans, particularly Reviresco, ImperiusWrecked and Phoenixx9 who have showed me their support. So Supercon was last week-end and along with Thor and Bane I finally had the guts to cosplay Namor and even though many people got him confused with Aquaman I got many compliments at the convention and people that recognized the character right away. It wasn't green trunks Namor but it was close enough (maybe next time -depending on how it goes at the gym and the diet). I thought about using a fake five o'clock shadow like my recent gif that I posted as I'm not very hairy and can't grow a deep shadow or beard but in the end decided to just brave it and go clean shaven which looks even more like Namor. I'm probably not going to post the pictures here because of my teenage daughter's not wanting her friends to find out her dad cosplays, lol. But you are all invited to see the pictures in my instagram which is kept private for the same reasons. https://www.instagram.com/simonwm_17/ I will appreciate your support. Just please send me a message telling me you are from CBR Namor appreciation thread looking for Thor-El and I will grant you access. Only wish fellow forum poster Mantis Girl was here and its to her that I dedicate the cosplay. Her passion for the character and her friendly bubbly nature will always live in my heart and its what ignited the idea to cosplay Namor in the first place. I wish I had known she was so sick so I had made an extra effort to keep the Namor Readathon thread going that she used to enjoy so much. I hope she is looking from the great beyond and having a good time and approves.

Wow! Congrats my friend, on excellent Cosplays!

You do look like all 3 characters. Your props are excellent from Namor's Trident to Bane's chains to Thor's helmet and Mjolnir. And all the costumes are very nice as well. It is evident that you really work hard to "become" these characters. Glad you got recognized at the Con.

Which character did people comment on the most?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow! Congrats my friend, on excellent Cosplays!

You do look like all 3 characters. Your props are excellent from Namor's Trident to Bane's chains to Thor's helmet and Mjolnir. And all the costumes are very nice as well. It is evident that you really work hard to "become" these characters. Glad you got recognized at the Con.

Which character did people comment on the most?
    People seem to gravitate to Thor the most, it was Saturday which is the busiest day too so that could be part of it but the love for the character was overwhelming. One guy said to me that my Thor looked much better than the one they were using on the 3D game that just came out which made me feel good. I honestly couldn't catch a break as Thor as I had requests to take pictures with me constantly. Bane was on Sunday which was also a busy day and I would get a lot of Wow! and That's Bane!, Best Bane I've seen! and stuff like that which validated the cosplay too. Namor was on Friday that was not as busy but I got a lot of people screaming Namor!, telling me the cosplay was fantastic but honestly not as many fans as for Thor and Bane. Many people were asking if it was Aquaman, lol. I did compete as Namor (the only competition I did) on Friday night and the response on stage was very positive. Didn't win, but didn't expect to win, the judges usually choose cosplays with cosplayers that are more representative of the demographic as was in this contest or creations that obviously take months to craft none of which is my case.

I really wish comics could be released sooner together, I want to see what happens. I really am still not all that happy about the nu atlanteans (what im calling them now) bc why make more atlanteans when we could have built up a cast of OG atlanteans? now if this does carry into the future and other books, i have to constantly be checking ears to see if its the pointy atlantean ones or the nu atlantean characters. a bit confusing and I really can't see where Zdarsky is going with this? I just wish people would realize (tony would see) that Namor is not in his right mind at all, something big is going down and I worry that the next "event" after war of the realms is over is going to be an atlantean one where once again Namor gets the blame.

love the cosplays! the namor cap and make up looks great, but I will admit I love the thor one much more. then again hercules and thor are also my fave characters from marvel too. bane looks very comic book accurate! i dont read much dc these days, but thats a great job!.

Mighty Member

love the cosplays! the namor cap and make up looks great, but I will admit I love the thor one much more. then again hercules and thor are also my fave characters from marvel too. bane looks very comic book accurate! i dont read much dc these days, but thats a great job!.
    Thank you, I.W. I realize I'm probably not your Namor, I couldn't be more different than the guy in your picture, lol. I feel good I finally had the guts to cosplay Namor. I think it is one of the hardest cosplays to pull off. Hopefully I will improve on it next time. I plan on staying with these three characters and just try to improve on them for future cons.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 07-12-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Thank you, I.W. I realize I'm probably not your Namor, I couldn't be more different than the guy in your picture, lol. I feel good I finally had the guts to cosplay Namor. I think it is one of the hardest cosplays to pull off. Hopefully I will improve on it next time. I plan on staying with these three characters and just try to improve on them for future cons.
    lolol, that icon is Russell Wong and he is just my dream fan cast, even he couldn't play Namor now unless it was old man namor. XD. We all have our own fave versions of the King of the Seas, but I think you did an amazing job, you defiantly have the build and height for Namor! Honestly cosplayers who step up to such harder characters are very cool, because unlike other characters who can be covered up with a suit or something, ones like Namor, Bane, or Hulk and Hercules have to have a disciplined workout routine months in advance.

Mighty Member

lolol, that icon is Russell Wong and he is just my dream fan cast, even he couldn't play Namor now unless it was old man namor. XD. We all have our own fave versions of the King of the Seas, but I think you did an amazing job, you defiantly have the build and height for Namor! Honestly cosplayers who step up to such harder characters are very cool, because unlike other characters who can be covered up with a suit or something, ones like Namor, Bane, or Hulk and Hercules have to have a disciplined workout routine months in advance.
    Thanks for the props, I.W. It is a lot of work and discipline indeed. I'm glad I could live up to represent the character. It is a lot of fun and a way to keep one motivated to do the work to perform in these cosplay shows.