Page 96 of 182 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Cool a video! I need to watch it later when I'm not at work! thanks rev
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Does anyone know how to make a Zine? I've never done or read or participated in one before, but I saw a post about it and thought what would it take to make a Namor zine?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Does anyone know how to make a Zine? I've never done or read or participated in one before, but I saw a post about it and thought what would it take to make a Namor zine?
    Is anyone still making zines? I did a few back in the day, but the internet and fanfiction sites I would think, have replaced them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Is anyone still making zines? I did a few back in the day, but the internet and fanfiction sites I would think, have replaced them.
    I saw on twitter that someone was making a DC character Zine and got curious. Also more news is coming out of SDCC, Doctor Doom is getting a solo, I'm waiting with just a tiny bit of hope that we might hear about Namor something by tomorrow. (probably not but still hoping)

edit: just read the news that Aero and Wave are getting a comic.

It looks to me like with Marvel cutting back all the X-Men comics to just two comics they are opening up space for others *crosses fingers* Namor solo please
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 07-19-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Wow that Timely Sub-mariner omnibus does look fabulous indeed!

I've open my instagram and made it public for the time being. https://www.instagram.com/simonwm_17/
    If you people want to show your support and leave a like, specially to the Namor posts (the latest one in particular that talks about me wanting to cosplay Namor, about Marvel Comics #1 and Everett and shows the omnibus) it will be really appreciated.

No SDCC news yet about Namor, I'm still checking it out, I know its dumb to hope for a surprise announcement of a solo comic, but I am, lol. That's cool Thor-El, I'll have to check it out as soon as I can get some time. Carlos Magno posted a homage art of Namor in his classic green speedo!

Some time ago, someone asked for my version of John Buscema's classic cover. There is no way to recreate something that is already so perfect. Instead, I did my simple homage to a great master.
    link

Mighty Member

No SDCC news yet about Namor, I'm still checking it out, I know its dumb to hope for a surprise announcement of a solo comic, but I am, lol. That's cool Thor-El, I'll have to check it out as soon as I can get some time. Carlos Magno posted a homage art of Namor in his classic green speedo!

link

Yeah, I saw Magno's post in twitter. Looks very cool!!!

Now I don't think we will get any news of Namor on San Diego. The Marvel panel is over but Kevin Feige mentioned the Fantastic Four saying he didn't have time to talk about the Fox properties. There was no mention of Black Panther 2 either but the mention of under the water tremors by Okoye in Endgame seems like an almost certain reference to Atlantis. I'm thinking Kevin Feige is leaving a lot of things for Disney's own convention D3 so all hopes are not lost yet. With the exception of Thor and Dr. Strange we already knew about all the projects announced in San Diego. And I must say I'm ecstatic about Natalie Portman's return for Thor!
    Last edited by Thor-El; 07-20-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Yeah, I saw Magno's post in twitter. Looks very cool!!!

Now I don't think we will get any news of Namor on San Diego. The Marvel panel is over but Kevin Feige mentioned the Fantastic Four saying he didn't have time to talk about the Fox properties. There was no mention of Black Panther 2 either but the mention of under the water tremors by Okoye in Endgame seems like an almost certain reference to Atlantis. I'm thinking Kevin Feige is leaving a lot of things for Disney's own convention D3 so all hopes are not lost yet. With the exception of Thor and Dr. Strange we already knew about all the projects announced in San Diego. And I must say I'm ecstatic about Natalie Portman's return for Thor!
    I'm sure that Marvel will be releasing more stuff at their own event, they did this also when they wanted to announce other mcu stuff, this way they keep the fans hyped up. I'll keep hoping and trying to enjoy the comics as long as I can. lol, Namor will get his due someday i hope.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I'm sure that Marvel will be releasing more stuff at their own event, they did this also when they wanted to announce other mcu stuff, this way they keep the fans hyped up. I'll keep hoping and trying to enjoy the comics as long as I can. lol, Namor will get his due someday i hope.
    I hope it uses a 1930s/1940s time period like they did with the first Captain America movie, and maybe even show the battle with the Human Torch.

Hey, how do you guys pronounce Namor? NAY-morr? NAH-morr?

I pronounce it Nay-More. Pretty sure that's how it's meant to sound.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Hey, how do you guys pronounce Namor? NAY-morr? NAH-morr?
    I ran a twitter poll on this not too long ago, here are the results. I was told by Spanish speakers who were bilingual that it is pronounced two ways, the one in Spanish is Nah-Mor and in english is Nay-Mor. I also polled Sub-Mariner. Here are two comic panels I found where the they show emphasis on the pronunciation. Once in a comic shop I was asking for Namor comics and the guy there said, Nah-mor. I personally say Nay-Mor.

namor poll.jpg

Mighty Member

I pronounce it Nay-mor in English, Nah-mor in Spanish. But was surprised when friends of mine that speak only English corrected my Nay-mor saying it was Nah-mor, this was just recently at Supercon. I was saying I had cosplayed Nay-mor the day before and my lady friend corrected me saying "ah you mean Nah-mor" which surprised me.

On the subject of Namor news on the MCU it seems this is it for Phase 4, which is a very short Phase of two years. Kevin Feige said this is it for Phase 4, so if Namor is going to be in the MCU it wont be until Phase 5 and it seems D3 wont have anything else revealed so we are back on the waiting game.

Last edited by Thor-El; 07-22-2019 at 11:14 AM.

To be honest, I hate to be the negative guy, but seeing at how lame this next phase is, I'm glad Namor is left out. I just don't feel they'd get him right and it would break my heart to see a weird non-Namorish MCU Namor.

Marvel released this on twitter and I swear I feel like they are mocking me now, it can't be Namor? can it? he doesn't have his trident and it looks poorly made. If he is getting a solo im gonna scream.

I agree doombot, I really only want a Namor movie if its done right and I don't want him just shoved in the mcu for nothing and then we are stuck with a poor version of the character.