Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Didn't get to my comic book store yesterday. Did anyone read History of the MU? Was there a Namor appearance there?
    No Namor appearance, the first issue literally talks about how everything happened in the Marvel Universe from the beginning, and there is reference to the Great Cataclysm and the Fall of Atlantis and these two panels are it for that. I think Namor might show up in the next issue though.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

"adapting their bodies" - does not sound like evolution. Something happened on a more immediate scale - or Celestial implanted genes (Deviant?) were triggered.

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to ... there's some much going on now. But again. We seriously doubt we'll get any kind of comic book push / book, until the movie / TV side starts doing something him. Sadly, that's just the way Marvel is now. The tail wagging the dog.
    Thing is...your probably won't even get Namor if that happens. And if you do...he more then likely won't be the same character that we have in the books. Which will in the end effect how he is represented in the books there after.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-25-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Carlos Magno (A/CA) Butch Guice
    CAPTAIN AMERICA and WINTER SOLDIER have sacrificed EVERYTHING to find the GENUS FORMULA, but can they overcome both ROXXON and NAMOR? And after a major betrayal, who's side is NAMOR even on as DOOMSDAY approaches? DEAD IN THE WATER continues here!

Another cover of Namor fighting Steve, I can't wait for them to actually team up, not going to lie, crazy Namor is fine for a few issues but I was hoping it would be resolved soon.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    No Namor appearance, the first issue literally talks about how everything happened in the Marvel Universe from the beginning, and there is reference to the Great Cataclysm and the Fall of Atlantis and these two panels are it for that. I think Namor might show up in the next issue though.

Ah, thanks! If we don't get Namor in the next issue, there will be screaming. LOL!

I have to disagree on the Celestial cataclysm sinking both continents ... on opposite sides of the planet. O_o It's been well established that the Atlanteans did it to themselves, though in TALES, they say did it to repel the Lemurians.

I can live with _some_ of the Atlanteans changing themselves, but I'm not sure that's enough to start up population / race. And it's tons better than that nonsense about being genetically manipulated slaves of the Deviants or something. What a mess that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    "adapting their bodies" - does not sound like evolution. Something happened on a more immediate scale - or Celestial implanted genes (Deviant?) were triggered.
    I like the magic / Neptune intervention, myself.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

CAPTAIN AMERICA and WINTER SOLDIER have sacrificed EVERYTHING to find the GENUS FORMULA, but can they overcome both ROXXON and NAMOR? And after a major betrayal, who's side is NAMOR even on as DOOMSDAY approaches? DEAD IN THE WATER continues here!

Another cover of Namor fighting Steve, I can't wait for them to actually team up, not going to lie, crazy Namor is fine for a few issues but I was hoping it would be resolved soon.
    I'm hoping this gets resolved and puts Namor back on his heroic path.

Major betrayal? Of who? And who's betraying? Namor???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I haven't been reading this series. Does Sub-Mariner have some kind of new powers lately?

Ah, thanks! If we don't get Namor in the next issue, there will be screaming. LOL!

I have to disagree on the Celestial cataclysm sinking both continents ... on opposite sides of the planet. O_o It's been well established that the Atlanteans did it to themselves, though in TALES, they say did it to repel the Lemurians.

I can live with _some_ of the Atlanteans changing themselves, but I'm not sure that's enough to start up population / race. And it's tons better than that nonsense about being genetically manipulated slaves of the Deviants or something. What a mess that was.

I'm not sure exactly which I prefer, I liked that they simply evolved to be water dwellers, but the Neptune angle is better for keeping things in Atlantis more magical. Honestly I know I sound like a broken record, lol, but if we could just have a series that is about Atlantis like DC had, then it would do alot to clear things up.

I'm hoping this gets resolved and puts Namor back on his heroic path.

Major betrayal? Of who? And who's betraying? Namor???
    I think it may be someone betraying Namor? This is just speculation but maybe things will finally be confronted with Machan? I hope so at least. Then Machan can be the betrayer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I haven't been reading this series. Does Sub-Mariner have some kind of new powers lately?
    Yeah Namor spoilers:
    stole hydroman's power to manipulate and control water and can now do that, its a major power upgrade
    end of spoilers

Yeah Namor spoilers:
    stole hydroman's power to manipulate and control water and can now do that, its a major power upgrade
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope it's only temporary. I would rather see Namor deal with his opponents up-close and personal while using his strength and physicality.
    end of spoilers

Who actually said they were slaves of Deviants. I don't recall that myself. But as you may remember, my personal theory is that they were a side sub-type of Inhumans, since we've seen certain colonies of Inhumans (or some inter groups) have a stabilized genetic scheme. The Bird winged peoples are canon as Inhumans and so are the Centaur types of which there have been a few. So to me, that makes more sense, and it of course is from vast thousands of years ago. Atlantis/Atilan, they sound to much the same even.

I don't believe that in Marvel there are spontaneous evolutions of entire races or species, so to me, this makes more sense. Now, I will give you the magical theory as being a causal method of changing an entire race.

But if Namor were the recipient of Inhuman genes and also a human X-factor, well that makes him even more unique.

I'm not sure exactly which I prefer, I liked that they simply evolved to be water dwellers, but the Neptune angle is better for keeping things in Atlantis more magical. Honestly I know I sound like a broken record, lol, but if we could just have a series that is about Atlantis like DC had, then it would do alot to clear things up.

Well, I'm a broken record too, then with my theory.

However, I totally agree with you on Atlantis. No matter how they came to be, what they really are, those are the stories and locale that would most interest me.

I don't believe that magic of Atlantis is incompatible with super science of Inhumans or others. "Culture". There is a new movement of Humanistic Pagans (I'm Wiccan/Witch btw) who gleefully proclaim it is not specifically about believing that Thor or Neptune or Isis etc "really exist" in the way that most of us think the Judeo Christian God is unquestionably real.

But that its about the culture. Humanistic Pagans enjoy the trappings and culture associated with past ways, but do not necessarily believe that The Gods are anything more than archetypes, something in our minds more than 'out there'. (I bet most folks here think they are atheist, no?)

Link Marvel is gonna be rereleasing Marvel Mystery Comics #1 and doing a bunch of other stuff this August for their 80th anniversary, I only hope that we get some Namor stuff too.

Rumors and a leak about upcoming characters for Marvel Future Fight, it includes Namor, Wave, and Silver Surfer. The leaks were taken down but I saw this online, it looks like Namor may be coming in august maybe? link

Glad to see Namor is possibly getting a shot at being in Marvels Future Flight game. However, once again Wave is taking center stage as Marvel's water character.

More writing on the wall...?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    If he was really lucky he might get one good movie before being replaced.
    What makes you think he’ll be replaced?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"