Page 23 of 182 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

I'd like to see a Namor book that alternates between Tomm Coker and Dustin Weaver.

Weaver could do epic stories that focus more on Atlantis and showing off larger scale "widescreen" style battles and Coker could do more Namor centric stories that are more gritty or explore Namor psychologically.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd like to see a Namor book that alternates between Tomm Coker and Dustin Weaver.

Weaver could do epic stories that focus more on Atlantis and showing off larger scale "widescreen" style battles and Coker could do more Namor centric stories that are more gritty or explore Namor psychologically.
    I'm trying to think if we've seen a Dustin Weaver Namor. I do like Weaver's art. And I thought Coker was perfect for a period piece with Namor. Now, I'm wondering about what those gritty stories would be like.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Anyone familiar with this comic? Its now in my Want List but Comixology doesn't has it. this is the second What If volume from 1989. Art is by Ron Wilson who I always liked. You know it has to be good if Hobo Namor was part of that original avengers lineup.

Mighty Member

Well, found it online and I'd give it a "C" grade, for those wanting to check it out it is on Issuu which is a reliable safe website that samples magazines.

https://issuu.com/planetejoabn/docs/...ain_america_ha

Dunno if anyone here cares, but the next Death Battle is going to be Namor vs Aquaman.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Dunno if anyone here cares, but the next Death Battle is going to be Namor vs Aquaman.
    Sigh. Again? Hasn't this been done to death yet? I already know that somehow they will favor aquaman or make it so aquaman wins cause it's what happens in most of these things.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d really love to see a Namor ongoing from Robert Venditti and Lee Garbett or Doug Braithwaite as the creative team. Their Valiant work is beyond phenomenal.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Reviresco's post today about Namor ripping off his clothes reminded me of this edit I made, lol:

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d really love to see a Namor ongoing from Robert Venditti and Lee Garbett or Doug Braithwaite as the creative team. Their Valiant work is beyond phenomenal.
    Welcome to the thread, Shadowcat!

I don't think I've seen Doug Braithwaite do a Namor ... but I do like his art -- his Loki stuff was so good! Lee Garbett did Namor, and an amazing double headed Tiger Shark, in Fear Itself the Deep. In fact, Garbett gave great advice about doing an underwater book. Something like, "Be very careful about placement of air bubbles near character's butts." LOL!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-19-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Reviresco's post today about Namor ripping off his clothes reminded me of this edit I made, lol:

LOL! I love it! Like I said, the best thing about Namor wearing clothes, is the ripping off of the clothes. ;p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-19-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Sigh. Again? Hasn't this been done to death yet? I already know that somehow they will favor aquaman or make it so aquaman wins cause it's what happens in most of these things.
    I don't usually follow the rumbles, but I'll try to check that out. Though, like ImperiusWrecked, I can predict who will probably win. ;p The exposure could be a good thing. Maybe. I'm always amazed at how little people know about Namor.

Thanks for posting the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Anyone familiar with this comic? Its now in my Want List but Comixology doesn't has it. this is the second What If volume from 1989. Art is by Ron Wilson who I always liked. You know it has to be good if Hobo Namor was part of that original avengers lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, found it online and I'd give it a "C" grade, for those wanting to check it out it is on Issuu which is a reliable safe website that samples magazines.

https://issuu.com/planetejoabn/docs/...ain_america_ha
    I always liked What If? I don't think I read that one, though. I'm not really feeling that unkempt look for Namor. Thanks for the link!

Just read it ... what happened to Namor? He was there on the next to the last page, and then in the final fight he's not there! And worse, he's gets excluded from the statue!

Also, Iron Man / Punisher. Heh
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-19-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Welcome to the thread, Shadowcat!

I don't think I've seen Doug Braithwaite do a Namor ... but I do like his art -- his Loki stuff was so good! Lee Garbett did Namor, and an amazing double headed Tiger Shark, in Fear Itself the Deep. In fact, Garbett gave great advice about doing an underwater book. Something like, "Be very careful about placement of air bubbles near character's butts." LOL!
    CA0FC172-3CD5-4CA6-8290-F1A74917B04C.jpg

Lol! Braithwaite’s Namor is majestic.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

That is a gorgeous piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    CA0FC172-3CD5-4CA6-8290-F1A74917B04C.jpg

Lol! Braithwaite’s Namor is majestic.
    Oh that's gorgeous. The detail is amazing.