Page 38 of 182 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think he's talking about Namor appearing in Avengers, though I really think he needs a mini or at least a Strikeforce issue. With the earth being divided up between the Norse bad guys, they could take on the Migard Serpent or the Norse sea gods. I think Namor faced off with Sedna in Thor, but she's Inuit, not Norse, IIRC.
    I feel like Namor will be ignored in the upcoming crossover simply because I don't hold out much hope for those kinds of events, he MAY show up for the final battle or something but the last event was bad. I just feel like they won;t showcase Namor as well as I wish they would and with Atlantis being destroyed that sure is a convenient way to not have to visit it. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I LOVE those Patrick Zircher images and most of what he says on his Twitter about Namor. Another creator who appreciates Marvel's First Superhero. : ) I'd planned to post that exchange from him and Fab Nic and doing a Namor book. Come on Marvel! You've got talent that is interested in a Namor book. Make it so!

Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that speedo Namor by Zircher. So pretty.
    I love his art alot!, the speedo is the best but I am digging that cape he has on in the first one!

That is the main issue I feel, there are artists and writers who WANT to work on Namor but like I said before it's Marvel who won't give it the green light. Anyways having a series by him would be so wonderful.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Very cool Zircher Namor images. Here's some more from Kerry Gammill and Ron Frenz

I also feel that Namor's screentime in WOR will be very limited. I mean he is not even in that three cover Avengers image and the freaking Squadron Supreme is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I also feel that Namor's screentime in WOR will be very limited. I mean he is not even in that three cover Avengers image and the freaking Squadron Supreme is.
    Amazing art!!! I love them both!!! And yeah I am so tired of him being pushed to the background. I don't like S.S. so its even more irritating!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I feel like Namor will be ignored in the upcoming crossover simply because I don't hold out much hope for those kinds of events, he MAY show up for the final battle or something but the last event was bad. I just feel like they won;t showcase Namor as well as I wish they would and with Atlantis being destroyed that sure is a convenient way to not have to visit it. *sigh*
    I'm pretty sure Aaron isn't going to ignore Namor. But I'm not sure how he's going to treat the character.

Well, it depends on which book you read. Because in the Invaders, Atlantis doesn't look too bad. The other thing to consider is how much the Atlanteans guard and hold down when it comes to the Norse. In Fear Itself, Cul was locked away undersea. The hammers were called down with Atlantean sacrifices. Namor hid Attuma's hammer afterward. And as I said before, the Midgard Serpent lives underwater. There's a lot of connections, IF a writer wanted to use it.

I didn't care for the last event either, but we did at least get a mini-series, sort of, out it. I don't think events do entirely good things for characters, especially like Namor, but at least we would get SOMETHING. Yes, I know, it's a double edged sword.

No, he's not. But remember, he was on the very first promo for War of Realms months and months ago. He might show up in the event itself, and not so much in the Avengers -- and considering what's going on in the Avengers, I would be okay with that.

Of course, something that indicates that Namor will NOT have a good role, is that he doesn't appear in the 12 month War Of Realms Wheel Promotion. So, it may all be wishful thinking on my part ... or dodging the bullet. LOL! I did say I was torn about him appearing in War of Realms.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Very cool Zircher Namor images. Here's some more from Kerry Gammill and Ron Frenz

Boy, that Kerry Gammill one is really channeling John Buscema. I love it!

I think that Ron Frenz one is a print -- I picked on up, but I'm not sure where.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I love his art alot!, the speedo is the best but I am digging that cape he has on in the first one!
    I like what Zircher says about drawing Namor with various clothes for various occasions.

That is the main issue I feel, there are artists and writers who WANT to work on Namor but like I said before it's Marvel who won't give it the green light. Anyways having a series by him would be so wonderful.
    There are plenty of creators that have expressed interest. In that thread on Zircher's twitter, Fabian Nicieza also lists Namor as a character he'd love to write.

https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...70825419030530

This made me laugh.

NEW ART BY BUTCH GUICE! INVADERS #5

(lol rev! that is why namor is the best XD he can make good movies!)

The idea of the that image is amazing but Namor looks terrible there in the face.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The idea of the that image is amazing but Namor looks terrible there in the face.
    I think it's the beard, lol, he might look better if he shaved.

NEW ART BY BUTCH GUICE! INVADERS #5

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think it's the beard, lol, he might look better if he shaved.

Seriously. If you are going to headline a WW, you should at least shave, instead of looking like he's channeling his hobo years. ;p

It is another great Guice cover, but I do like his WWII Namor better.

Though what is up, Zdarsky? Why are the Invaders solicit like, non-existent?

I didn't see Namor at all in the May War of the Realms solicits, but there was this ...

while Roxxon Oil drops its stakes in Antarctica. Midgard now belongs to Malekith and his allies! The Avengers' last hope lies in a series of suicide missions across the realms,
    And as far as I can tell, none of the tie-ins and spin offs deal with that. So, IF Namor appears in this mess, I'm betting it will be there.

Namor dealing with Roxxon makes sense at least, especially if they are going to do something else to hurt the oceans and Antarctica was Namor's childhood home/where old Atlantis used to be. I wonder if that will be brought up at all?

Namor dealing with Roxxon makes sense at least, especially if they are going to do something else to hurt the oceans and Antarctica was Namor's childhood home/where old Atlantis used to be. I wonder if that will be brought up at all?
    It's Roxxon. And they are allied with Malekith. They aren't up to anything good. And once again, Namor fans can say, "Namor is right." ;p

I'm still betting on the Serpent Crown.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing Namor use the Horn of Proteus to summon a herd of Gigantos and Kaiju to put a whuppin' on the Migard Serpent. LOL!

Was it ever revealed as to why Namor was so willing to kill Stingray? Was his mind being controlled?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!