Page 19 of 182 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Invaders was great this week but, to be honest, I think the Namor Marvel Comics Presents story was even better. That story packed a hell of a punch.
    I agree, the Greg Pak and Thom Coker story was a punch in the gut. But it's a different type of story than the Invaders story. The first is a done in one short story, and the other is a long form story, more like a novel or it could be even a trilogy. Unlike the Pak story, we won't see the whole shape or get the full impact of the Invaders story until at least the arc is done, and maybe even the series.

I'm just thrilled to have TWO great Namor stories in one day. I can't remember the last time that happened.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This didn't turn out as large as I wanted it to ... may replace it later, if I can get a better scan. But I remember thinking Namor's valets were giving him weird looks in this scene.

AND NOW WE KNOW WHY!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Invaders #1 does have a digital code. It's on the page opposite the burial page. It's under a Guardians of the Galaxy ad with Thanos head on it.
    Ah, thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    My theory is that Machan must be some kind of entity bent on using Namor to get what they want, they are playing mind tricks on him and getting him to rally an army, they need something, also I would say that Charles Xavier must be involved somehow because he was shown in the picture and he is one of the strongest telepaths out there. I lean more towards evil entity manipulating Namor and giving him a power boost or access to more power somehow. It is obviously using old memories like Tommy's face to present an image to Namor that he can trust.
    Yes, the sea has secrets... and one of them is what's using Machan! There's definitely alot more than we've been given going on. And that isn't even getting to Xavier. I'm wondering how much co-ordination there is between Zdarsky and Aaron?
    Now I am not totally caught up with x-men, I am using my money for Invaders LOL. But wasn't Xavier still dead? Is he still? Do you think that this could lead to Prof. X returning?! I KNOW he had something to do with Namor's memories. Namor meets Xavier for the first time when Magneto tries recruit him in Uncanny x-men #6.

The thing that gets me is that Namor is trying to raise a massive army force, BUT how much of that is HIM and how much of that is someone using him to get what they want? Is someone using Namor (who has a history of mental health issues and trying to invade the surface world) to raise an army for them and destroy humanity? It would make sense to cover their actions by using Namor and everyone would go 'oh it's that crazy namor trying to invade the surface world again' .

I really hope Aaron and Zdarsky are doing their own things, and I really would enjoy it more for Namor to stop being in Avengers.

(it's ok come back when you can! lots of things to think about!)
    Let me see if I can remember what I was thinking, before I was ... interrupted. =_=

I think it's going to be tough to separate out what Zdarsky is doing and what Aaron is doing. From what other people have said (I guess I'm going to have actually go back and read Aaron's run), there's a possibility Namor is being effected by the Celestials. That could be the source of his new powers and his aggression and lack of control -- perhaps even his 'madness.' Apparently he has no problem with nuclear radiation, but not with Celestial radiation.

If Aaron is also reducing characters to their basic archetypes, as some posters have claimed, part of Namor's archetype is to be a protector of the oceans. And Aaron has taken it to its extremes. I realized Namor's black eyes may be a sign of this also. Atlanteans as drawn now, don't have black eyes, but old school Atlanteans as Everett drew them did. He even drew them with black eyes post-Silver Age.

And Jae Lee drew Princess Fen with black eyes ... and she was possessed.

Also, I don't think it's an army, per se that Namor's gathering. He's trying to bring in all the wayward Atlanteans, but Machan says, he doesn't need "additional warriors" and the heart of the plan is something else. I don't think this is the typical Atlantean invasion. I think it involves something in the ocean. Something that will reframe the world ... and has given Namor powers over the ocean? Hmmmm.

I don't know what Xavier has to do with this, if anything. That may be another plotline / secret that is all Zdarsky's. The X-stuff is impossible to keep up with, but I think Xavier is alive, sort of. Is he still in Fantomex's body?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor the Sub-Mariner Art by Nick Robles on twitter

I swear I swooned this is even more beautiful now that he colored it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Let me see if I can remember what I was thinking, before I was ... interrupted. =_=

I think it's going to be tough to separate out what Zdarsky is doing and what Aaron is doing. From what other people have said (I guess I'm going to have actually go back and read Aaron's run), there's a possibility Namor is being effected by the Celestials. That could be the source of his new powers and his aggression and lack of control -- perhaps even his 'madness.' Apparently he has no problem with nuclear radiation, but not with Celestial radiation.

If Aaron is also reducing characters to their basic archetypes, as some posters have claimed, part of Namor's archetype is to be a protector of the oceans. And Aaron has taken it to its extremes. I realized Namor's black eyes may be a sign of this also. Atlanteans as drawn now, don't have black eyes, but old school Atlanteans as Everett drew them did. He even drew them with black eyes post-Silver Age.

And Jae Lee drew Princess Fen with black eyes ... and she was possessed.

Also, I don't think it's an army, per se that Namor's gathering. He's trying to bring in all the wayward Atlanteans, but Machan says, he doesn't need "additional warriors" and the heart of the plan is something else. I don't think this is the typical Atlantean invasion. I think it involves something in the ocean. Something that will reframe the world ... and has given Namor powers over the ocean? Hmmmm.

I don't know what Xavier has to do with this, if anything. That may be another plotline / secret that is all Zdarsky's. The X-stuff is impossible to keep up with, but I think Xavier is alive, sort of. Is he still in Fantomex's body?

I asked a x fan friend what is going on with Xavier but need to wait for their reply. lol.
    Edit: Yes Charles is alive and living in fantomex's body, or his mind is. So he is still around and now I wonder if Jim will meet up with him?

Black is like the universal signifier that a character is evil/possessed and so it's why Namor's eyes were unsettling.
    It could be that whatever is controlling Namor needs a massive sacrifice to gain power/access? could this be ritual or something?
    Aaron already said that Namor wouldn't be sending his people out of the water and that they would be playing things on their terms, by staying where they are strong in the water. Another thought I had was that Namor's first big thing after gathering the Defenders was to go to Vodan, prehaps the 'change' is trying to be something like making all of earth underwater like the Vodan water planet?
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-17-2019 at 06:54 AM.

I just want to say that while I LOVE all the art that has come out, I really wish artists would remember that Namor has gills

Mighty Member

I just want to say that while I LOVE all the art that has come out, I really wish artists would remember that Namor has gills
    I honestly don't like the gills when they are drawn. They look weird and creepy, if I was making it in a live action would just show it very seldom and from a perfectly normal neck that would suddenly open and then go back to normal. Still very creepy but at least you don't have these weird lines across each side of the neck and they definitely don't look good in a drawing.

What are your thoughts on Namor's sexuality?

I'm going with pansexual.

Just wanted to poke my head in and say ...I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE AT MARVEL IS WRITING A GOOD NAMOR!!!!!!!!

It's about darn time.

As to the current topic....Namor is straight. Like super straight. Namor doesn't discriminate when he comes to women. Black, White, Green, or Gills if the woman is confident, strong , and respectable Namor is at the very least interested in her if not all about her.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just wanted to poke my head in and say ...I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE AT MARVEL IS WRITING A GOOD NAMOR!!!!!!!!

It's about darn time.

As to the current topic....Namor is straight. Like super straight. Namor doesn't discriminate when he comes to women. Black, White, Green, or Gills if the woman is confident, strong , and respectable Namor is at the very least interested in her if not all about her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    [IMG]IMAGE[/IMG]
    Not sure what you are trying to say with this?

Namor says that he leaves his Kingdom showings for women he is seducing. The Queen he kissed is a women....

I know it's weird (specially since it's clear that the writer was poking a little fun at Namor) but in the Marvel Universe there are probably human mutant women that look worst than that Queen does by our standards. Are those women less than and should not be loved by a Prince such as Namor? The answer is no.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It's about darn time.

I also am very glad that someone is writing a good Namor at last!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What are your thoughts on Namor's sexuality?

I'm going with pansexual.

As to the panels you posted and the question: Namor doesn't mess around with kids which is what Hope was and he was discouraging her in his own way because he does like red heads (Lady Dorma) and thought the comics have stated that Namor pursues women (a lot) there is a case to be made for him being Bisexual. Atlanteans are much less interested in species or gender effecting their sexuality imo.

Someone asked about my fancasts if Namor was ever going to be in a movie and I thought I would share the link here.

Mighty Member

The way I read it is Namor is one of the most straight superheroes in a very old conservative way.

The way Namor relates to:
    Men = beat the hell out of them
    Women= sex and romanticism, companionship and friendship

His sexual interest has always been 100% women. I've observed that in an almost barbaric way he pursues the females he likes and see other men simply as the competition (Reed and Sue, Cyclops and Emma Frost). He is the ultimate alpha male and a guy that probably consider all other men as his inferior as he probably enjoys proving himself against them as a sport to impress on women, the final prize. Probably outside of the Invaders and some very old friends atlanteans like Lord Vashti Namor doesn't have too many close guy friends.

Also one of the few or perhaps the only superhero that at a time when every hero had a male sidekick, he always preferred to have the close company of a woman. First Namora, then Namorita and in X-Men Hope got very close to him. The relationship with both under age girls Namorita and Hope in a non romantic way and mostly as a protective older brother.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-17-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: edited to rule out misinterpretations