Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Talking about Namor costumes and the Invaders cover for issue #4 drops with an image like this:

INVADERS #4
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO with BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    • Everything you know about the KING OF ATLANTIS is WRONG!
    • This issue: THE SECRET HISTORY OF NAMOR!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    This cover is sooo good, Dee just dropped it in the Invaders thread and I am just like YES. Give me this. I really am worried though and hope Chip stays true to the character and there aren't any major retcons!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    This cover is sooo good, Dee just dropped it in the Invaders thread and I am just like YES. Give me this. I really am worried though and hope Chip stays true to the character and there aren't any major retcons!
    Yes, this worries me "Everything you know about the KING OF ATLANTIS is WRONG!". as long as there is no major retcons from what Everett and Lee established I'm good.

Yes, this worries me "Everything you know about the KING OF ATLANTIS is WRONG!". as long as there is no major retcons from what Everett and Lee established I'm good.
    I'm hoping that what they mean by this is that Chip is going to undo the past decade or so of Namor abuse on Marvel's part in the storytelling. I mean, for two reasons, one is Chip loves Namor and seems to be making a concentrated effort to build him up and and two is just business practicality, DC has a hit with the Aquaman film and now would be the perfect time for Marvel to put their own fishman (oh, sorry, I meant amphibian man ) out for the world to love.

Marvel just published an interview with Chip on the Invaders run.

Excerpt:

Marvel.com: How hard is it for the rest of the Invaders to take on Namor having fought so hard alongside him during World War II and even worked with him in the modern era?

Chip Zdarsky: Because he goes between hero and villain, they’re somewhat used to fighting him. But this time they’re fighting to save him. His actions have drawn too much attention, so if they can’t stop him, then it’ll be the Avengers or America’s military that intervenes. And the result of that could mean a lot of dead Atlanteans and Americans.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Talking about Namor costumes and the Invaders cover for issue #4 drops with an image like this:

INVADERS #4
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO with BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    • Everything you know about the KING OF ATLANTIS is WRONG!
    • This issue: THE SECRET HISTORY OF NAMOR!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    OMG!

What an awesome cover! But I don't think Guice likes Namor's newest costume. It looks ... less than spectacular next to the other costumes, especially Speedo Namor!

Wait. What??? Nooooo! I don't want everything I know about Namor to be wrong!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG!

What an awesome cover! But I don't think Guice likes Namor's newest costume. It looks ... less than spectacular next to the other costumes, especially Speedo Namor!

Wait. What??? Nooooo! I don't want everything I know about Namor to be wrong!
    Butch Guice also adds a goatee to every one of his covers that shows present day Namor that thankfully Carlos Magno hasn't been drawing.

Butch Guice also adds a goatee to every one of his covers that shows present day Namor that thankfully Carlos Magno hasn't been drawing.
    He does! It's like he's "growing" the facial hair from the unshaven scruff of the first issue to scraggly goatee. Just say no, Butch! He does such a great job drawing Namor with the standard slicked back hair and clean shaven, like in that central figure in front of Xavier.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He does! It's like he's "growing" the facial hair from the unshaven scruff of the first issue to scraggly goatee. Just say no, Butch! He does such a great job drawing Namor with the standard slicked back hair and clean shaven, like in that central figure in front of Xavier.
    I also might be nitpicking but why do every artist feels the need to square up Namor's hair. It looks great rounded like John Buscema did in the silver age, EdMcGuinnes did it too in those Hulk issues and the 60's cartoon. Here, I took that cover and fixed the hair just a bit. Just a stupid detail but it simply looks more badass to me.

Last edited by Thor-El; 01-23-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I also might be nitpicking but why do every artist feels the need to square up Namor's hair. It looks great rounded like John Buscema did in the silver age, EdMcGuinnes did it too in those Hulk issues and the 60's cartoon. Here, I took that cover and fixed the hair just a bit. Just a stupid detail but it simply looks more badass to me.

Not nitpicking, I dislike the square head too, I don't know why people keep thinking Namor needs a square head when they forget to add gills or even the wings sometimes! This edit makes it look WAY better. Thanks Thor-El !
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Not nitpicking, I dislike the square head too, I don't know why people keep thinking Namor needs a square head when they forget to add gills or even the wings sometimes! This edit makes it look WAY better. Thanks Thor-El !
    Thank you I.W. Who knows, if someone mentions it on twitter I might slide this one in as an example. I know plenty of posters were criticizing the goatee from issue 3 on the facebook Namor group. Someone criticizing that cover said Nefaria Namor sucks lol. I don't want to look ungrateful either the fact is we are getting an awesome series highlighting our favorite character in what so far is a very successful interesting story.

Mighty Member

Someone posted this, which I find really funny.

I LOVE it! They even included Olive Oyl as Lady Dorma! That's beyond awesome.

Sigh. Again? Hasn't this been done to death yet? I already know that somehow they will favor aquaman or make it so aquaman wins cause it's what happens in most of these things.
    Maybe not. They had Black Panther taken down Batman.

I'm not super familiar with Aquaman's power level, but I think in DC he's more mid tier brick right? I'd think Namor is much more powerful.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

So I guess this is suppose to be how Atlantean's look in the Black Panther cartoon.

The show is decent but this is design for the Atlantean's is awful in my opinion.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    So I guess this is suppose to be how Atlantean's look in the Black Panther cartoon.

The show is decent but this is design for the Atlantean's is awful in my opinion.
    It's not. Those are ancient Atlanteans