Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
Ah, yes, after I posted I googled the issue and realized it was Lee writing. Imagine this story coming up today and Namor losing to Daredevil just to promote the character with the TV series. Power levels depend now more on MCU popularity or agenda. I cry everytime Thor gets trashed by another hero or every time another character ends up picking up Mjolnir. It's real sad. Same with Namor, who used to be part of every major crossover or event and now we dont even get a mini or an ongoing series to celebrate his 80 years.
I agree, and I personally think that most characters get new fans from seeing them in crossover events, who then follow that character they normally wouldn't have considered back to their comics, but by having Namor not star in any crossovers or have a significant role and also no ongoing book to find him in, his fanbase suffers alot. Marvel really needs to give Namor a solo this year, if Invaders doesn't get renewed or hinted at a third arc then I hope at least a Namor solo will spin out of it.