Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
I'm totally going to give this a read later, thanks! I am very glad that they didn't make it if they were just going to go the aquaman route. Even though the what if namor grew up on land one shot is one of my favorite comics it just is that, an AU, and his story is far better where he has grown up in the ocean. I wouldn't be surprised if they did since I have been a bit critical about how much they have taken from Namor's whole look. Seriously in some Aquaman stills all they had to do was slap on some wings and pointed ears and there was Namor. (lol, I'm going to have to rent Aquaman and give a watch soon)
Yes, there were alot of comparison pics of Momoa and 90s Jae Lee Namor posted when he was announced.

I just don't think it would be a Namor story if he was raised on land. Yes, that AU was a good story, but it's AU. 80 years of Namor stories revolve around him being raised undersea, privileged, yet never truly accepted. And on the surface, he's the alien, the Other-- the commentary on the craziness of our own culture, the magic or myth that is missing from it. At least they didn't steal that for the Aquaman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
This link is for Marvel covering their 80 years history in articles, I'm keeping an eye on it to see if Namor is featured in April, since that was the time his comic was first created.

Marvel's 80 Year History
There were a few articles at the beginning of the year. They seem to be progressing in a chronological fashion, for the most part.