Page 45 of 182 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

No, it wasn't me. Sadly only mods can change the thread titles after they are started. I'm not sure WHY it was changed, as I don't think the thread titles break any rules, but I suspect a non-Marvel forum thread mod came thru and decided he didn't like all the Appreciation thread titles, and stripped all of them that were on the first page of their lovely, descriptive titles. However, he didn't want to take the time to change all the Appreciation thread titles, as nothing on page 2 or beyond was changed.

I wrote Ravin' Ray to see if he could change it back to it's original title: IMPERIUS REX! Namor the Sub-Mariner Appreciation 2019. Feel free to ask him or Global Honored to do so, if you'd like.
    The Thread title is back! But spelled Imperious which is ok, but as I have read the comics I noticed that Imperius is what was written first and still more commonly used for Namor while Imperious was only used in the 90's for a short time.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    My LCS delayed my shipment of Invaders #2 by one week. I need my Namor fix!

We could talk technicalities forever, but I'm willing to give a totally non-bias edge towards Namor in this debate because of this

That dialogue hurt to read haha

I can't NOT hear Vegeta's voice from Dragonball Z when I read Namor's dialogue.

If anyone's looked into it, the similarities don't end there. There are even theories that Goku is based off of Superman. Could it be possible that Vegeta could be based off Namor? The creators' appreciation for Golden Age comics is well documented... I wonder...
    Good to see you, Of Atlantis!

Of course, I had to go find Vegeta video and info. LOL! He does sound vaguely familiar. ;p

Nope. None of us here are biased at all about Namor. ;p

Oh no! I hope you get your copy of Invaders 2 soon. It really was good.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Skrull Namor appears in Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History (2019) #1 to seduce Sue.

Edit: If you are unfamiliar with the term Zaddy it is a slang term that refers to a man who is very appealing, handsome, fashionable, and has swagger and s*x appeal. I had to look it up myself cause I had no clue, lol.
    I AM unfamiliar with the term Zaddy, but from your explanation, it appears to fit.

Though, when did the Skrulls become telepathic?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I wanted to share my Namor action figure collection! Just bought a new one and I'm very happy.

Here they all are!

This is very familiar for some reason...

But it's almost enough Namors. Almost. lol

LOL! I LOVE that panel. "To our right: FIVE NAMORS!

An impresive collection, however, there are never enough Namors.

Your new one, with the Deodato body suit is one of my favorites.

The Thread title is back! But spelled Imperious which is ok, but as I have read the comics I noticed that Imperius is what was written first and still more commonly used for Namor while Imperious was only used in the 90's for a short time.

Yay!!! Thank you, Ravin Ray!

Yes, I noticed, but like you, I can live with the spelling. I think the sentiment comes across.

"Thus shall it be! Imperius Rex!" is definitely channeling some Yul Brynner Ramses: "So let it be written, so let it be done!"

I agree with Namor having the older school dramatic Shakespearean speech, and not a more modern slang. In the end I humbly suggest that if we do get a movie then each actor going up for the role should scream 'Imperius Rex!' as part of their auditions. XD

Does anyone know if Marvel will be creating/releasing 80th anniversary comics like they did for the 70th? I'm looking to preorder any Namor 80th comics and don't know when and if this news will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I agree, that Imperious Rex its like the fabled Tarzan yell!
    OMG. That would be beyond awesome. Yes!!!

Hmmmmm. I wonder ...

I haven't heard anything about Marvel doing 80th Anniversary comics. I really enjoyed most of those 70th Anniversary ones and would love to see some new ones.

LOL! I LOVE that panel. "To our right: FIVE NAMORS!

An impresive collection, however, there are never enough Namors.

Your new one, with the Deodato body suit is one of my favorites.
    I love the Deodato one! I loved the newer legends one so much I had to buy it twice, lol.

I haven't heard anything about Marvel doing 80th Anniversary comics. I really enjoyed most of those 70th Anniversary ones and would love to see some new ones.
    I enjoyed that comic a lot, and I have my fingers crossed that Marvel will come out with a good 80th anniversary comic this year!

On a different note a preview of Wave, one of the newly created heroines for the new Agents of Atlas seems to have water based abilities or something with the ocean since ocean creatures were around her. It makes me wonder if Namora or even Namor might get a cameo or something? Pak clearly likes Namor and once expressed interest in writing a solo for him.

Sooooo why is "Imperius" spelled wrong in the title of this thread LOL
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Sooooo why is "Imperius" spelled wrong in the title of this thread LOL
    Hey, we're lucky to even have the catch phrase. ;p This is the second time I've had to ask for it be reinstated. Some mod comes through every once and a while and changes the appreciation thread titles, but only on the front page.

I love the Deodato one! I loved the newer legends one so much I had to buy it twice, lol.

I enjoyed that comic a lot, and I have my fingers crossed that Marvel will come out with a good 80th anniversary comic this year!
    The Namor 70th was great. But the others were a lot of fun, also. I think All Winners had a couple of Namor appearances, IIRC.

Of course, you have to have two of the newer Legends. It has two different heads! Plus it's the best speedo Namor figure yet.

On a different note a preview of Wave, one of the newly created heroines for the new Agents of Atlas seems to have water based abilities or something with the ocean since ocean creatures were around her. It makes me wonder if Namora or even Namor might get a cameo or something? Pak clearly likes Namor and once expressed interest in writing a solo for him.
    Hmmm. I didn't see her on the original covers. She does appear to breathing water. But she's Filipino isn't she? At one point Namora was hanging out in the Pacific 'colony' ... oh, it was in one of the Agents of Atlas books. The one where Parker tried to hook up Namor and Namora with the weird eugenicists. I think Aaron is using Namor in Avengers.

Well, might have to check it out, now. Thanks for the heads up!

Mighty Member

I wanted to share my Namor action figure collection! Just bought a new one and I'm very happy.

Very cool. I own the Deodato suit and the one in the box.

I really would like to have this sculpture from Art Asylum, to me is the best Namor sculpture available. Bowen, who does great sculptures did this same pose. The one below standing in the coral reef, but I don't think he was as successful.

Last edited by Thor-El; 03-09-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Very cool. I own the Deodato suit and the one in the box.

I really would like to have this sculpture from Art Asylum, to me is the best Namor sculpture available. Bowen, who does great sculptures did this same pose. The one below standing in the coral reef, but I don't think he was as successful.
    I'm flailing over those!!! I'm trying to save up enough money to get a really nice sculpture. A friend has a bronze Namor in that pose that is simply gorgeous!

The Namor 70th was great. But the others were a lot of fun, also. I think All Winners had a couple of Namor appearances, IIRC.

Of course, you have to have two of the newer Legends. It has two different heads! Plus it's the best speedo Namor figure yet.

Hmmm. I didn't see her on the original covers. She does appear to breathing water. But she's Filipino isn't she? At one point Namora was hanging out in the Pacific 'colony' ... oh, it was in one of the Agents of Atlas books. The one where Parker tried to hook up Namor and Namora with the weird eugenicists. I think Aaron is using Namor in Avengers.

Well, might have to check it out, now. Thanks for the heads up!
    You're welcome! I'm really hoping that if she is a good character then we might get someone new on Namor's roster for supporting characters, and since Loa is now gone then Wave might be take her place as a 'new eyes into the world of atlantis' character.

lol, exactly why I had to buy it twice! It's the best one yet. Yes the 70th stuff was pretty good.

I just saw someone tweet that Namor is getting an omnibus and predicting that he is the next character to get a push, I sent them a question asking where he saw Marvel announcing that cause I tried to search it but I don't know where comic news like that is posted. Is Marvel getting the 90s as an omnibus or his more recent appearances?

I just saw someone tweet that Namor is getting an omnibus and predicting that he is the next character to get a push, I sent them a question asking where he saw Marvel announcing that cause I tried to search it but I don't know where comic news like that is posted. Is Marvel getting the 90s as an omnibus or his more recent appearances?
    Namor's 90s are coming out in an omnibus and so is a Golden Age Bill Everett one. Here are the links!

90's Bryne Book

Golden age Everett Book

Namor's 90s are coming out in an omnibus and so is a Golden Age Bill Everett one. Here are the links!

90's Bryne Book

Golden age Everett Book
    OMG! Finally! I've been waiting for the third book of Namor Visionaries to come out and complete the John Byrne run, and now they are doing an omnibus to do so. Plus, at almost 1200 pages, it looks like it might even include the Jae Lee run, which is even better!

This and the Timely Greatest Omnibus are wonderful 80th Anniversary presents. All we need is a solo for it be a perfect anniversary year!