Page 130 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Eariler in the comic spoilers:
    Xavier and Magneto go to Emma to convince her to join their Council of 12, they tell her they need her to release Shaw and bring him back as the king of the hellfire club because they want to use him as the face of the hellfire club pushing their drugs and they want Emma to run the operation because the Hellfire club has a long reach. They tell Emma she will have two seats on the council but she counters (not happy about bringing back shaw) and says she needs three seats) I beleive the third seat is for Namor, since Emma has a history of going to Namor for help when she is on a team she doesn't trust
    end of spoilers
    Nope. spoilers:
    It belongs to Red Queen Kate Pryde.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I found this cool fan fiction in Deviantart:

Mighty Member

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Maybe, but assuming many writers won't never shift the development and complexities of the world more in favor of viewing Namor with more acceptance for his noble deeds in spite of his past transgressions, it still feels nice when I see Namor written in what I feel is in a more human manner, further emphasized by him being melancholic after losing everything, but being cheered up by the friends he still does have in an act of kind friendship. Such friendships may not be big as the world's acceptance, but if you ask me, I'd rather let hope and the desire to be productive be the main guide for one's life than hopelessness and cynicism, even if only accomplishing the smallest of differences. Maybe feelings like that may be reflected in Namor's writing in the near future, maybe they won't, but either way, I hope to never lose sight of the impactful hero Namor has the potential and capability to be, as with superheroes in general I suppose, and not just for Atlantis either.
    I'll have to think on it more, but I don't think many modern writers remember that Namor does have a few surface world friends. They want to believe he only works best as an antagonist or thorn in the side of a team. And while that can be amusing, they completely ignore all the relationships that were built in Namor's own book and on some of the original teams he was on and that he does have friends. Instead we see them sacrificed, like that awfulness with Stingray in Aaron's Avengers, or even this mess with Jim Hammond in Zdarsky's Invaders, to show Namor 'over the edge.'

I think the only one I can remember where Namor's friendships played a more heartwarming role was in Fear Itself The Deep, with Dr. Strange and Loa. I'm sure there were other isolated scenes, but none come immediately to mind.

Of course, this basically comes down to Namor NOT having his own book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Oh my.

I was hoping they could be friends! Maybe shared rule, especially when one was on land.

Namor certainly did not show his counterpart from a "Different Cosmos" any hospitality, lol!

XDDD my mistake for reading too fast, sorry!!! (I'm at work so I try to sneak in my comic reading to know what happens then later reread it when I get home)
    I'm in the same boat! LOL! Sneaking a look or a post when I get a chance.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Gosh Thor- El that is beautiful to see (': you don't know how many people love to pull the Aquaman beat Namor card when it comes to them when its so clear that Namor has the advantages, and i hated that video that talked about Aquaman twice as long as Namor and didn't even include all of Namor's abilities. thanks for sharing! Namor would totally win in that fight.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

not sure if anyone saw this yet but it says "angry fish king" in this preview for a black panther comic...link

ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    From the pages of Jason Aaron's AVENGERS! Vampires. Aliens. Angry fish kings. Black Panther's hand-picked Agents of Wakanda can handle it all. And who better to lead them than the king of the world's most technologically evolved country? Wakanda is making waves on the world's map - and not everyone's a fan. With General Okoye's help, T'Challa will take Gorilla-Man, Ka-Zar and Wasp on a global fight for survival - to handle threats S.H.I.E.L.D. could only dream of!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'll have to think on it more, but I don't think many modern writers remember that Namor does have a few surface world friends. They want to believe he only works best as an antagonist or thorn in the side of a team. And while that can be amusing, they completely ignore all the relationships that were built in Namor's own book and on some of the original teams he was on and that he does have friends. Instead we see them sacrificed, like that awfulness with Stingray in Aaron's Avengers, or even this mess with Jim Hammond in Zdarsky's Invaders, to show Namor 'over the edge.'

I think the only one I can remember where Namor's friendships played a more heartwarming role was in Fear Itself The Deep, with Dr. Strange and Loa. I'm sure there were other isolated scenes, but none come immediately to mind.

Of course, this basically comes down to Namor NOT having his own book.
    And fair enough if some writers want to have Namor come off as less endearing for the sake of showing their own antagonistic take on "the angry Atlantean prince." His capability to be endearing shouldn't be forgotten of course, but so long as he's primarily recognized as a character that can convincingly teeter-totter between both, then I think it'll be fine.

Didn't realize there was a variant cover with Namor out this week. It's Marvel Comics Presents #9 by RAHZZAH. Very pretty and clean cut Namor.

not sure if anyone saw this yet but it says "angry fish king" in this preview for a black panther comic...link

I hadn't heard anything about Namor being in that issue. But I'd prefer he doesn't appear in that book at all.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-25-2019 at 07:39 PM.

That's a beautiful cover Rev!!! I will have to check out the comic to see if Namor is in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I hadn't heard anything about Namro being in that issue. But I'd prefer he doesn't appear in that book at all.
    Yes, to be honest it's like a bad Omen, since the mocking "Angry fish king" to the antecedent that those guys are able to swim better than atlanteans without any gear.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

That's a beautiful cover Rev!!! I will have to check out the comic to see if Namor is in there!
    I thought it was a striking Namor.

Sadly, no, Namor isn't in it. It was all Wolverine, in an effort, I think, to wrap up his story since the book is ending early, I believe. This cover is a montage of some of the non-Wolvie stories that were in the series, which is why Namor is on there -- the Greg Pak nuclear bomb story.

Found this while looking for something else at CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR article
    'Interheroes' peers inside the stylish homes of superheroes

However, in "Interheroes," illustrator and architect Federico Babina offers a look at the stylish homes of superheroes if they were decorated to reflect their costumed identities.

There's a lot of details in this image, like the whale tail base of the table. Not sure about that radiator? in the corner, though. Cool and thoughtful work.

You can 16 other superhero pads at Babina's website here, and he offers these as prints.

https://federicobabina.com/INTERHEROES/.Vr4BXJMrJsM