Page 132 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2721

SUB-MARINER COMICS part 3

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I came across a Youtube channel that posted all kinds of comic goodies set to music. There are lots of Sub-Mariner and the other Big Three vids.

SUB-MARINER COMICS part 1
    Cool! I do like music with my videos.

Thanks for posting these Doombot! I'll add them to the front pages.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Mystery Mini toys at I believe target will have a tiny Namor!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Mystery Mini toys at I believe target will have a tiny Namor!

OMG. That's adorable! I must have him AND Doom!

Wait. MYSTERY mini? That means you don't know what you get until you open it. Looks like I'm going to be looking suspiciously like I'm feeling up the packets.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm looking at the Namor omnibus at Instock Trades (50% off this week), an I'm actually leaning toward this recolored Jae Lee dust jacket! I think they printed the Byrne cover on the actual cover of the book, so I'd still have it, sort of.

Future Fight has finally gotten around to releasing the Phoenix 5 uniform for Namor (and Magik)! Look for some specials and events this week or two.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yes! I saw those Phoenix outfits, and I was told that only Emma and Namor have fire wings with theirs. Very cool that the Omnibus's are coming out this month as well. With Namor being tied into the FF merchandise that's coming out, then I hope that will happen more often in the future as well. It would be nice to have more options of Namor gear.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Future Fight has finally gotten around to releasing the Phoenix 5 uniform for Namor (and Magik)! Look for some specials and events this week or two.

The artwork and animation for these games is so great! Glad Namor is getting a big spotlight here.

Mighty Member

I finally unearthed my Namor regular series Marvel Age Byrne interview. Had a lot of fun reading it and check out a funny Hembeck Invaders two page spread. Thought the good people of this thread would like to check it out.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

And another Marvel Age cover highlighting Namor and Namorita from that era.

Marvel Age was a fun little book. I miss it. And a great Byrne cover for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I need a gif of those Hembeck Namor faces! He's so ANGRY. LOL!

I'm so glad you found that, Thor-El! Especially timely, considering this week's release of the Namor omnibus. Some interesting tidbits in that article. I don't recall Byrne ever getting to a Puppet Master or Iron Man story. And I'm wondering / dreading what, other than Namor himself, Byrne thought connected all of Namor's loves. Reminds of that infamous cover from later in the run by Herdling and Isherwood.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Yes! I saw those Phoenix outfits, and I was told that only Emma and Namor have fire wings with theirs. Very cool that the Omnibus's are coming out this month as well. With Namor being tied into the FF merchandise that's coming out, then I hope that will happen more often in the future as well. It would be nice to have more options of Namor gear.

That's a different take on the back of the Phoenix Armor, I think.

I did like the fire wings. And he has them on his ankle wings too!

The artwork and animation for these games is so great! Glad Namor is getting a big spotlight here.
    Yes! And long, long, long overdue.

I do like the art for Future Fight ... but I don't know why the artist drew Namor biting his lower lip in that bottom headshot???

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's a different take on the back of the Phoenix Armor, I think.

I did like the fire wings. And he has them on his ankle wings too!

Yes! And long, long, long overdue.

I do like the art for Future Fight ... but I don't know why the artist drew Namor biting his lower lip in that bottom headshot???
    I think the sexyness is overplayed for Namor in that headshot. Sexy with an attitude. LOL After all he is the only male hero left wearing a speedo in a time were even Tarzan in the movies will cover his legs with capri pants instead of wearing the traditional loincloth. As ridiculous as it was to see Tarzan wearing capris it should be perfectly normal for an aquatic hero to wear speedos .

I think the sexyness is overplayed for Namor in that headshot. Sexy with an attitude. LOL After all he is the only male hero left wearing a speedo in a time were even Tarzan in the movies will cover his legs with capri pants instead of wearing the traditional loincloth. As ridiculous as it was to see Tarzan wearing capris it should be perfectly normal for an aquatic hero to wear speedos .
    Serious??? Tarzan in capri pants???

If they were going for sexyness, I think they missed the mark. ;p But if I had to choose, I'm going to choose the handsome look for Namor over the ugly / weird / old look some artists saddle Namor with. I really don't know what they are thinking. And NO. I'm not posting any examples. LOL!