Page 144 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I was going to list Gene Colan as one of my favorites. But when I was googling images to post i couldn't find anything I thought was really good. But I didn't look back at the Tales to Astonish "Adam Austin" stuff.

I'm a newish fan of Sub-mariner. I'm just not getting to the Bill Everett bronze age stuff. I'm on #55.
    These are some of my favorites. i like that Colan keeps Namor's head round and doesn't do the weird elongated head with a flat top some artists do. Also even though he breaks the anatomy many times the energy in Colan's Namor poses when wrestling and fighting is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That's the beautiful thing about the silver age, everything connected so well and made you want to read every interlaced title, plus characters were perfectly written back then. Another title that connects to the Avengers/Defenders crossover is Thor #207. This is a Halloween issue were the Marvel Bullpen gets drawn into the story as characters taking part of a costume parade, some are even dressed up as DC characters. Loki takes the essence of these people into his sword and attacks Thor. In the fight Thor summons the lightning and destroys the sword releasing the captive souls and Loki ends up blind and seemingly falling down a cliff. The crossover starts immediately after this Thor scene in Avengers #115 with a blind Loki falling down the cliff.

I agree with everything you said. It was a swell time to be a Marvel Comics' reader during this period.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yes, Marie Severian, Sal Busceme, Gene Colan and of course Bill Everett, all contributed their beautiful artwork to the awesome silver age run of Namor. I think I liked Gene Colan's Tales to Astonish work more than his run in the Sub-mariner title that seemed a bit rushed. Everett was doing incredible work in the Sub-mariner title before he died.
    These are some of my favorites. i like that Colan keeps Namor's head round and doesn't do the weird elongated head with a flat top some artists do. Also even though he breaks the anatomy many times the energy in Colan's Namor poses when wrestling and fighting is great!

Aaaah. How could I forget Gene Colan?! He did a great job on Namor, especially in the underwater stuff. His work was so dynamic. You really got the sense that Namor and the Atlanteans were underwater. I do like the Tales to Astonish work, but moreso the ones that Vince Colletta did NOT ink. He really didn't do Colan's work justice -- it needs a lot of solid darks, and Colletta didn't do that.

The Doctor Doom arc in Sub-Mariner 47-49 was gorgeous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I was going to list Gene Colan as one of my favorites. But when I was googling images to post i couldn't find anything I thought was really good. But I didn't look back at the Tales to Astonish "Adam Austin" stuff.

I'm a newish fan of Sub-mariner. I'm just not getting to the Bill Everett bronze age stuff. I'm on #55.
    Welcome! Glad to see new fans of our Prince!

Much like Jae Lee's Namor was a shock after John Byrne, I think Everett's Namor was a bit of art shock after Gene Colan and Sal Buscema's runs. Plus, his writing style was completely different from the angst of Gerry Conway. As a kid, I didn't appreciate Everett's last run, but now, seeing it, I definitely appreciate his style and how much love he put on those pages.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Also just dropping this here, not sure if I left a link here before or not but a while back I started making and collecting some Namor gifs, I will keep searching and adding more gifs as time goes by but I thought it best to keep them all in one place.

https://giphy.com/channel/imperiuswrecked
    Thank you!

Now I need to check and make sure I added it to the front pages. Also the pillowfort blog!

If anyone has other links or stuff they want me to add to first few intro posts here, let me know.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor appears in Fantastic Four Grand Design (2019) #1 quite a bit.

There is a more than that but mainly it went over all the early FF days.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Namor appears in Fantastic Four Grand Design (2019) #1 quite a bit.

There is a more than that but mainly it went over all the early FF days.
    Thank you for posting these! Very cool to see the take of this artist on such classic moments of the FF history with Namor!

Thank you for posting these! Very cool to see the take of this artist on such classic moments of the FF history with Namor!
    You're welcome Thor-El!

Also Happy Halloween to all, thought I would post Namor holding Dracula's head since it seems appropriate for the day XD

You're welcome Thor-El!

Also Happy Halloween to all, thought I would post Namor holding Dracula's head since it seems appropriate for the day XD

Great! Scary!

Happy Halloween Namor fans!

You're welcome Thor-El!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great! Scary!

Happy Halloween Namor fans!
    Happy Halloween, friends! Excellent, choice, IW!! Here's hoping there are ALOT of Namor Halloween costumes donned tonight. ;p

Still looking for interiors, but here's the Halloween issue where Namor and the Defenders save the infamous Rutland, VT Halloween Parade ... and the world too.

Mighty Member

Great picks for Halloween images! Happy Halloween everyone! I'm gonna go with the Defenders too! That Defenders #1 story was pretty Halloweenee, as most of the Defenders stories were!

Ah, my friends, you are giving me ooey-gooey Halloween Goodness with those Defenders issues!

Plus, the Nameless Ones! And Necrodamus too! (yeah, even from that one pic, I know 'em when I see him)

What a Great Pumpkin Halloween Treat!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-31-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Namor 3d art sculpture by David Pereira link there's more pics in the link!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A little late, but it was 80 years ago in October, 1939 in Marvel Mystery Comics #2 when the Sub-Mariner emerged in the middle of Fifth Avenue in New York.

Mighty Member

Namor 3d art sculpture by David Pereira
    Very cool sculpture. I had seen it before but not in so much detail as these pictures show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    A little late, but it was 80 years ago in October, 1939 in Marvel Mystery Comics #2 when the Sub-Mariner emerged in the middle of Fifth Avenue in New York.

Those Bill Everett issues are so great! The entire Golden Age Sub-mariner is pretty fantastic!