Page 156 of 182 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    WOW!

Excuse me while go outside and run around like a madwoman SCREAMING!
    LOL, I was expecting a reaction like this from you! If we finally get this solo series we need to celebrate big time! Preparing my virtual champagne to offer to you and IW.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    We could be getting our Namor solo series after all. The word "Gossip" at the beginning of the article worries me though.

Gossip: Is Chip Zdarsky Writing a New Namor The Sub Mariner X-Men Comic?
    WOW!

Excuse me while go outside and run around like a madwoman SCREAMING!
    LOL, I was expecting a reaction like this from you! If we finally get this solo series we need to celebrate big time! Preparing my virtual champagne to offer to you and IW.
    I SAW THIS EARLIER (a friend linked me) AND I AM STILL FREAKING OUT. I'M HOPING THIS COMES TRUE! I don't want to put too much hope in rumors but PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Is it too early to create a list of (demands) requests that I will tweet to Zdarsky? lol. Anyways if this does come true I def want to ask him a few questions like:

- Bring back Vashti! please? or just any of Namor's old cast and enemies!

- WHERE IS ATLANTIS? (I had asked him this at the start of Invaders but he has said that he wanted to keep things open and not tie Atlantis down in case he wanted to use it in another story which I am hoping means this probable series)

- Can we please have some world building??? anything! history of Atlantis! (i was not too fond of the Namor: Best Defense claiming Atlanteans were Vodans so I am hoping that doesnt come up again personally)

- GIVE NAMOR A LOVE INTEREST THAT ISN'T SUSAN STORM-RICHARDS. (I really really hate this ship! Bring back Dorma or Marrina, or Abira, or have someone new! But I cannot take another "Namor pines over Sue" anything any more. Let them be friends but Namor going after Sue and her rejecting him because SHE IS MARRIED just makes both characters look so bad and we all know that Marvel will never let Namor/Sue happen unless it was in an AU verse which they have done many times already!)

anyways those are the most important one but also: PUT NAMOR BACK IN HIS GREEN SCALED SPEEDO.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I also just hate the idea that Namor "pines." primarily because it is generally just some Sue stand in, and to write him as lead by his sex drive really misses it all for me

I'd love to see something solo, buy I've been a little wary about this Aaron/Zdarsky stuff tbh. Been out of the loop.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Is it too early to create a list of (demands) requests that I will tweet to Zdarsky? lol. Anyways if this does come true I def want to ask him a few questions like:

- Bring back Vashti! please? or just any of Namor's old cast and enemies!

- WHERE IS ATLANTIS? (I had asked him this at the start of Invaders but he has said that he wanted to keep things open and not tie Atlantis down in case he wanted to use it in another story which I am hoping means this probable series)

- Can we please have some world building??? anything! history of Atlantis! (i was not too fond of the Namor: Best Defense claiming Atlanteans were Vodans so I am hoping that doesnt come up again personally)

- GIVE NAMOR A LOVE INTEREST THAT ISN'T SUSAN STORM-RICHARDS. (I really really hate this ship! Bring back Dorma or Marrina, or Abira, or have someone new! But I cannot take another "Namor pines over Sue" anything any more. Let them be friends but Namor going after Sue and her rejecting him because SHE IS MARRIED just makes both characters look so bad and we all know that Marvel will never let Namor/Sue happen unless it was in an AU verse which they have done many times already!)

anyways those are the most important one but also: PUT NAMOR BACK IN HIS GREEN SCALED SPEEDO.
    YES to everything she said! In a solo book is IMPERATIVE to have back Vashti & Dorma, they are the face and the heart of Atlantis!! Namor's supporting cast is non-existent right now. We need those two badly plus Namorita.

YES to everything she said! In a solo book is IMPERATIVE to have back Vashti & Dorma, they are the face and the heart of Atlantis!! Namor's supporting cast is non-existent right now. We need those two badly plus Namorita.
    I'd love to have Nita back!!! I miss her and Namor's big brother and little sister relationship but iirc she is still dead so unless we have a resurrection coming for her then its highly unlikely. ):

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I also just hate the idea that Namor "pines." primarily because it is generally just some Sue stand in, and to write him as lead by his sex drive really misses it all for me

I'd love to see something solo, buy I've been a little wary about this Aaron/Zdarsky stuff tbh. Been out of the loop.
    I always think Namor is a flirt when he wants to, he is very gentlemanly and old school, but the constant rehashing of "if only Sue would see that she belongs with me!" has been overplayed and done and will never go anywhere and I know the nature of comics means they eventually get rebooted but honestly why can't Namor have his own love interest?

Aaron is not high on my list bc he really doesn't do anything with Namor except have the Avengers use him as a punching bag/ignore his problems with the surface world. Zdarsky has been good on the current Invaders series BUT I do have a few issues with the story/details, but hey he has at least shown interest in exploring more with Namor.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I SAW THIS EARLIER (a friend linked me) AND I AM STILL FREAKING OUT. I'M HOPING THIS COMES TRUE! I don't want to put too much hope in rumors but PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

If true ... Multiply this much excitement by 10 and add lots of SCREAMING!!!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

I'd love to have Nita back!!! I miss her and Namor's big brother and little sister relationship but iirc she is still dead so unless we have a resurrection coming for her then its highly unlikely. ):
    Actually there is at least one version of Nita around these days. In Abnett & Lanning's NOVA series they brought Namorita back through a bit of time displacement--so a past version of Nita from before she was killed brought to the present day. At the end of the series, Nita was still in our time period, so as far as we know she's still here.

Then in the most recent NEW WARRIORS run there was a blue skinned Atlantean named Water Snake--who was identical to Namorita (in her blue skinned period). Other members of the Warriors assumed she was Nita, and had simply lost her memory somehow. By the end of the series Water Snake's resemblance to Nita was never explained, but the writer has revealed that it was his intention to eventually reveal that she was a clone of Nita.

Most recently, in issue #3 of Dan Slott's FANTASTIC FOUR run every FF member ever was assembled--including Namorita. It was the standard pink-skin version of Nita, so presumably it was the time-displaced Nita.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Collage of Namor's superhero fights from the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Nice! I think Namor fought Thor as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Actually there is at least one version of Nita around these days. In Abnett & Lanning's NOVA series they brought Namorita back through a bit of time displacement--so a past version of Nita from before she was killed brought to the present day. At the end of the series, Nita was still in our time period, so as far as we know she's still here.

Then in the most recent NEW WARRIORS run there was a blue skinned Atlantean named Water Snake--who was identical to Namorita (in her blue skinned period). Other members of the Warriors assumed she was Nita, and had simply lost her memory somehow. By the end of the series Water Snake's resemblance to Nita was never explained, but the writer has revealed that it was his intention to eventually reveal that she was a clone of Nita.

Most recently, in issue #3 of Dan Slott's FANTASTIC FOUR run every FF member ever was assembled--including Namorita. It was the standard pink-skin version of Nita, so presumably it was the time-displaced Nita.
    You know that the moment they want to resurrect the real Nita they will do away with all these clones and bring the real thing back. That's what I'd do. At least is good to know that there is one living version of the character still around, or in limbo right now. Marvel seems to have a lot of characters in publishing limbo and unresolved stories, really weird the Marrina situation too, she is the wife of the king of Atlantis but Namor doesn't even knows she is alive.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Very cool! My favorite has to be Colan, so much energy in his fighting panels!

Mighty Member

If true ... Multiply this much excitement by 10 and add lots of SCREAMING!!!

LOL I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Cover preview for feburary Atlantis Attacks! link
    ATLANTIS ATTACKS #2 (OF 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANIDITO (A) • COVER BY MICO SUAYAN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    CHINESE NEW YEAR VARIANT COVER BY MoNa
    THE EARTH WILL SHAKE AND THE WATERS WILL BOIL!
    • NAMOR versus BRAWN! A team torn asunder! SWORD MASTER and SHANG-CHI undercover!
    • Wave caught between the surface world of her birth and the undersea glories of ATLANTIS! And who are the SIRENAS?
    • The epic clash continues and the AGENTS OF ATLAS -- both old and new -- will never be the same!