Page 157 of 182 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the "undersea glories of Atlantis!"
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Cover preview for feburary Atlantis Attacks! link

I like how prominent Namor looks in that cover but he is going against a next MCU superstar, Amadeus Cho and "latest blue iteration of Namorita but more generic", so you know things won't turn good for him when going against the writers favorites.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 11-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.

So this is interesting.

I saw that, but dismissed it as yet another series where Marvel and the writer would again ignore the fact that the Serpent Crown is part of the Atlantean world -- it first appeared in Namor's own comic -- and that Namor is one of the few people who has actually worn and resisted the power of the Serpent Crown. But I didn't realize that Saladin Ahmed was writing it and he's actually read some Namor books... at least his Golden Age stuff. Of course, his Exiles take was Hippie Namor. LOL!

I also found this quote by him on Marvel.com

“The 616 is a world full of unimaginably powerful treasures and absurdly wealthy kings -- the perfect place for Conan to ply his trade as a warrior-thief. From Las Vegas to Atlantis, Conan will carve a path of plunder -- and face some of the mightiest heroes and villains in the Marvel universe!"
    I wonder if he means Namor's Atlantis? Right now, that's where the Crown is, with Roman. Imperius Wrecked, I think he's on twitter, if you could ask him? I hope we aren't going to see another Ka-Zar incident, though. O_O
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hello all my friends! I have some Namor/Atlantean questions.

Have they ever stated in which ocean Atlantis is located?

Are the buildings just there in the water, or is there a dome around them?

Does Atlantis have technology other than energy guns and ships? I am thinking for communications and for locating objects.

Are there mystic Atlantean artifacts ever mentioned, besides Set's serpent crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hello all my friends! I have some Namor/Atlantean questions.

Have they ever stated in which ocean Atlantis is located?
    Atlantis is the Atlantic. Lemuria is in the Pacific.

I think writers forget this, for some reason, because we've had a ... colony / resettlement of Atlantis in the Pacific with Parker's Oceanus. Plus we had the stuff from that Tsunami line about Atlantis being the Pacific and near an oil field. But I don't consider that run canon, myself.

The rest of these answers are off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

Are the buildings just there in the water, or is there a dome around them?
    The only time I remember a dome around Atlantis was when the population was put into a coma because of toxic waste dumping, and Namor had a force field dome put around the city to protect the sleeping citizens -- Subby 69?

IIRC, Howard Chaykin drew a dome around the pre-catacylsm Atlantis for some reason the old Tales of Atlantis back up stories.

Does Atlantis have technology other than energy guns and ships? I am thinking for communications and for locating objects.
    The early stuff with Lee, Kirby and Tales to Astonish, and the Silver Age Subby run had a ton of Atlantean tech. They had hydro canons, floating airships, shock sticks, a global surveillance system, healing beds like in Star Trek -- stuff just off the top of my head. Plus, they had various ocean life that they harnessed / used like the Hypno fish, and the airbubble fish. And then there was that giant mop that sucked all the flames out of the Torch, IIRC. Plus, Parker said they had fast growing coral that they used somehow to create buildings.

Namor could find and communicate with people -- I'm remembering a scene from the early FF with Namor and Sue. In Fraction's Defenders, they had Namor wearing that awful telepathy / astral projection helmet to talk to Dr. Strange. In Civil War Frontline, Namor could communicate with sleeper cells on the surface via some sort of jelly fish.

Are there mystic Atlantean artifacts ever mentioned, besides Set's serpent crown?
    The two most mentioned are the Horn of Proteus (which summons giant sea monsters, Toot! Toot!) and the Sacred Trident of Neptune which Namor went on a quest to find in the early Tales to Astonish run. There's also the sword of Kamu and the Eye of Zarta. The Shroud of Cleito was mentioned once and contained a shard from the Nexus of All Realities. I'm pretty sure there have been a couple named in Dr. Strange's books, but I don't remember them specifically.

Thank you so much, Reviresco. That was awesome!

I wonder if the shard from the Nexus of all Realities is related to the Nexus that Doc Strange once sent the Hulk to get him off Earth or the M'Kraan Crystal?

Is there some type of Royal Mystical Battle Armor for Namor in times of extreme emergencies?

Thank you so much, Reviresco. That was awesome!

I wonder if the shard from the Nexus of all Realities is related to the Nexus that Doc Strange once sent the Hulk to get him off Earth or the M'Kraan Crystal?

Is there some type of Royal Mystical Battle Armor for Namor in times of extreme emergencies?
    Ah, I forgot. The Neptune Armor, which is on the cover of the Byrne / Jae Lee omnibus, is historical / mystical armor that, IIRC, that Neptune gave to Namor to fight Suma-Ket. It was worn by his ancestor who first fought Suma Ket waaaaaay back.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I wonder if he means Namor's Atlantis? Right now, that's where the Crown is, with Roman. Imperius Wrecked, I think he's on twitter, if you could ask him? I hope we aren't going to see another Ka-Zar incident, though. O_O
    I just asked as soon as I saw this post Rev and if there is any reply I will def post it here. link. I hope we get some world building or a good Namor cameo!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ah, I forgot. The Neptune Armor, which is on the cover of the Byrne / Jae Lee omnibus, is historical / mystical armor that, IIRC, that Neptune gave to Namor to fight Suma-Ket. It was worn by his ancestor who first fought Suma Ket waaaaaay back.
    Correct. The Sacred Armor of Ancient Atlantis was meant to (briefly) stave off the effects of Namor's wounds after he was impaled by Suma-Ket.

Thank Neptune, that Namor was eventually revived to battle yet again.

I would like to see some of those Atlantean Mystical Artifacts be involved in some modern stories or tied in to past happenings.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I just asked as soon as I saw this post Rev and if there is any reply I will def post it here. link. I hope we get some world building or a good Namor cameo!
    Saladin replied!!! link, it just means we might get an explanation and a Namor cameo!

For Namor's 80th Anniversary I wanted to celebrate it with an art so I commissioned one from Ecairnsart ( artist link ) and here it is! (art link) I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Happy 80th to Namor!

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 11-22-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Great commission . I also had something done for Subbys 80th by an up and coming artist Dike Ruan. I asked for a classic golden age battle scene between Namor and the Torch. Dike did a great job with his interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Great commission . I also had something done for Subbys 80th by an up and coming artist Dike Ruan. I asked for a classic golden age battle scene between Namor and the Torch. Dike did a great job with his interpretation.

Thank you! And OMG THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! I love Jim and Namor and the OG Torch and Sub-mariner fight is EPIC. the action in that piece is wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing!